PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice: Jesus doesn't enter our heart even if we ask?

Jeffinator
Oct 29th 2008, 05:35 AM
This video kinda says something about Christianity that makes me think twice. Not about Jesus or God..Just Christianity
Plz give me your opinions on what he says about Jesus entering our heart. Is it true..plz watch and tell me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYsClDclvf0

matthew94
Oct 29th 2008, 08:15 AM
He is right. There is no real power in the words of the sinner's prayer. Anyone can repeat after some minister or whoever. Becoming a Christian is not about voicing some mantra, it's about following a man Who is the Son of God. Paul Washer is making the point that becoming a Christian is not just about mere words, but a faithful response to God's grace.

daughter
Oct 29th 2008, 10:27 AM
Jesus isn't going to enter into anybody's heart because they say a magic formula. He will enter in if you truly repent and turn to Him, no matter what words you choose to use.

But if, for example, you think, "oh... better be on the safe side, and say this prayer..." then you've not really repented, and not really asked Jesus into your heart.

9Marksfan
Oct 29th 2008, 12:32 PM
I agree with the others who have posted. I was preaching on repentance being crucial in conversion just this past Sunday norning. I can send you the notes if you're interested.

SpokenFor
Oct 29th 2008, 01:40 PM
I came to the realization of this truth back in May after a lifetime of thinking I was saved because I had repeated the sinner's prayer at age 5, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21 and 32.

When Jesus told Nicodemus "ye must be born again", he wasn't joking and the only way for that to happen is through repentance and putting your faith in Jesus alone.

You might enjoy (or get a good thumping by) listening to Way of the Master radio (you can go to listen to their radio broadcast on the radio, on their website - www.wayofthemasterradio.com , or by downloading through iTunes). Start out by listening to Ray Comforts sermon "Hells Best Kept Secret" http://www.livingwaters.com/listenwatch.shtml

Since truly repenting and being saved in May, I have noticed a big change in my life - in my attitude, my desires, my world view...things that never changed just be "asking Jesus into my heart."

Jeffinator
Oct 29th 2008, 09:42 PM
9Marksfan do you think you could send me some of your notes? I'm pretty interested in this topic. Thank you for you response.

God Bless.

Veretax
Oct 30th 2008, 02:22 PM
Its true.

I was raised in a Christian home, went to a Bible believing Church. Memorized Scripture, and Catechisms, even said the prayer a couple of times, but I had not faith. It is one thing to recite facts as if from a history text, it is another to put your complete trust and faith in them as being the literal truth of God.

thepenitent
Oct 30th 2008, 05:46 PM
He is right. There is no real power in the words of the sinner's prayer. Anyone can repeat after some minister or whoever. Becoming a Christian is not about voicing some mantra, it's about following a man Who is the Son of God. Paul Washer is making the point that becoming a Christian is not just about mere words, but a faithful response to God's grace.

Here is a link to Pastor Washer's strongest sermon in this regard. He is tough but loving and is more concerned with saving souls than being liked. If you haven't heard it please listen. It will convict you in a very good way.

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=19fd9c84c942a08316e0

snovak7
Oct 31st 2008, 12:19 AM
This video kinda says something about Christianity that makes me think twice. Not about Jesus or God..Just Christianity
Plz give me your opinions on what he says about Jesus entering our heart. Is it true..plz watch and tell me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYsClDclvf0

Typical misunderstand is that we don't know what this heart is, since it is just translated from hebrew word 'heart', but they had deeper meaning.

There exists few idioms on heart, one is 'He said in his heart' which is spiritual force of our being, but when we live, we first think what we're going to do... The point is that, if we 'accept' Jesus, we constantly live in thinking about him and his doing, and it reflects our life. It's a change in the core, and that's why is the concept of heart, it is our mind.

1Co. 2:16

P.S. If you like the gospel and you obey it in gladness, this is entering/accepting into heart!

Jn6:63

Lamplighter
Oct 31st 2008, 03:15 AM
What everybody is saying is correct. There is no such thing as "the sinners prayer" that leads a man to Christ in the Bible.

Nobody comes to the father except through the Son, and nobody comes to know the Son except through the drawing of his Holy spirit.

Words in some prayer don't save a man from death, the Holy Spirit indwelling does. You are one of the Elect, or you aren't.

th1bill
Oct 31st 2008, 05:49 AM
What he said is spot on. I have led many folks to the LORD and in the prisons, the men and the women always want a form or a formula to pray to do the job for them and I have always assisted them in praying but just as I do on the internet I tell them not to try to get the form correct because none exists. Instead I tell them of my pouring out to God on the day I was saved.

I just collapsed on the floor of my apartment and I had been repenting and repenting for over six months trying to get closer to God. God had spoken to me in an audible, to me, still voice 23 years before that date and knowing the nature of my sins I took off trying to run away from God because I knew that as bad as I was that God would never save me. I had lied, I had stolen, I had lived with prostitutes, I was a drug offender, I was an alcoholic and to cut it short, there was nothing in me that was good. I believed in God and I told other people about Him but I did not repent and I did not obey God and I was going to Hell.

For the six months before that I had this really persistent Christian that just would not leave me alone. I bought a Bible and he fed me scripture every day. late in that year I watched Country Music Television every day and Dollie Parton would come on and sing He's Alive and I'd burst out in uncontrollable tears. Me, the guy that laughed his brains out as I shot four men in the back while they were taking a water break at the river with their rifles leaned against the tree. When I was finally overcome by the Holy Spirit was when I finally realized that thee was not one single thing I could do to help myself but that I had to depend on God's mercy to save me.

I can't remember the words I spoke that day, I can't even remember if I listed every sin but I spoke to God, just as I would to you and from the depths of my heart I begged Him to forgive me and to take me to Heaven. When I finished that prayer I knew that the Spirit had overcome me and that I was saved. The next morning, I went outside and even the grass was more alive and beautiful to me. As the weeks went by more and more people wanted to know what had happened to change me and I have regretted being a babe in the faith because I told them everyone that nothing had changed and they everyone told me, "Yes, your a much different man now."

I wasn't through repenting, I'm still being led by the Spirit of God that dwells with me to repent and to become more like Christ, every day. I pray that this will help you to understand.

Veretax
Oct 31st 2008, 11:48 AM
My response to this is the following. When we pray we are told to ask in Faith:

James 1:5-7
5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

If we doubt, we most assuredly won't receive, so the prayer of salvation must be accompanied by faith. This is the Testimony of my father, who said a prayer after hearing BillY Graham preach, and he did so because he also had been convicted in his heart by the Holy Spirit, and cast his faith upon Christ. That's why I am sure my father is saved, even though I disagree with him doctrinally.

Dragonfighter1
Oct 31st 2008, 12:41 PM
I agree with the others who have posted. I was preaching on repentance being crucial in conversion just this past Sunday norning. I can send you the notes if you're interested.
One preacher to another.... Please send me those notes.. Also, can you add as detailed a definition of the Greek word and its meaning in your opinion. Perhaps you wouldn't mind starting a thread to that effect.:yes:

DF

John146
Oct 31st 2008, 06:29 PM
I came to the realization of this truth back in May after a lifetime of thinking I was saved because I had repeated the sinner's prayer at age 5, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21 and 32.

When Jesus told Nicodemus "ye must be born again", he wasn't joking and the only way for that to happen is through repentance and putting your faith in Jesus alone.

You might enjoy (or get a good thumping by) listening to Way of the Master radio (you can go to listen to their radio broadcast on the radio, on their website - www.wayofthemasterradio.com (http://www.wayofthemasterradio.com) , or by downloading through iTunes). Start out by listening to Ray Comforts sermon "Hells Best Kept Secret" http://www.livingwaters.com/listenwatch.shtml

Since truly repenting and being saved in May, I have noticed a big change in my life - in my attitude, my desires, my world view...things that never changed just be "asking Jesus into my heart."That's great! Yes, words aren't enough. God looks at the heart. We have to have a change of heart regarding our sins and our attitudes towards God and the gospel of Christ in order to be born again.

1 Chr 28:9
And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever.

1 Sam 16:7
But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

Jeremiah 17:10
I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

Rev 2:23
And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Ta-An
Oct 31st 2008, 07:36 PM
You know actually.....
Jesus does not come into your heart.... is there a scripture that says he does??? :hmm:

Jesus is in heaven.......

It is the Holy Spirit that indwells us :idea:

cwb
Nov 1st 2008, 06:27 AM
Bible's answer - Romans 10:9 - 10
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Legalistic preacher's answer -
"a million other things but whatever you do you are never good enough. You're going to hell."

Personally I'll take and believe the bible's answer.

Richard H
Nov 1st 2008, 02:53 PM
Then again, there's always this:
Rev 3:20 'Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

Dragonfighter1
Nov 1st 2008, 04:05 PM
Rev 3:20 'Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

Oh Richard.... you are so naive:huh: (Laughing)
Don't you know Jesus isn't very smart... He doesn't understand that they want to be saved when they ask him into their hearts.

No, no no, my friend... to become a christian it takes a theologically precise understanding of every premise of Christianity. THEN they can be saved!:hug: (Because, you see, if Jesus doesn't understand them he can't do anything:o)

Thank you for your straight shooting wisdom,
Your friend,
DF1

Richard H
Nov 1st 2008, 04:46 PM
Oh Richard.... you are so naive...Not only THAT, but rumor has it that I'm sometimes around the bend. :crazy:

:rolleyes:

Emanate
Nov 3rd 2008, 08:00 PM

This passage is not addressed to sinners nor does it speak of Salvation.

Richard H
Nov 3rd 2008, 09:17 PM
This passage is not addressed to sinners nor does it speak of Salvation.Correct!
It is addressed to anyone.
if anyone hears My voice and opens the door

I guess the sort of fellowship represented would presuppose a state of repentence and submission.
While it might be argued that it is not a call to repentence, it is an invitation which sinners would be attracted to (with the leading and conviction of the Holy Spirit).