PDA

View Full Version : Words of encouragement spoken to me by my Lord

Equipped_4_Love
Oct 29th 2008, 07:20 AM
I wanted to share an experience I had a few months ago that left me convicted and comforted all at once. Our God has such a way of piercing the heart, and cutting through to the truth, with such sweet gentleness and love. This happened to me when I was going through some especially vehement inner turmoil.

A few months ago, when I was still separated from my daughter, I was experiencing a period of intense depression, loneliness, and despair. I didn't know what the Lord was doing, nor did I know if I'd ever see my child again. On one particular day, I was feeling so low that I felt about ready to give up. I basically told the Lord that I couldn't take being separated from my child, and that I didn't know why I was having to go through this. God assured me that it was all in His hands.

As I continued to cry out to him in grief and despair, He said

My child, I know what it feels like to be separated from your child

In my foolishness, I said

Yes, but God, You have Your Son in heaven with you. I don't know if I'll ever have a relationship with my baby again

Then, in the most loving, gentle way I have ever heard, He said something I will never forget:

My child, I was not talking about my Son. I was talking about YOU. I love you. I have always loved you.

At that moment, it occurred to me....all of those years that i lived apart in rebellion, those years that i departed from His sweet presence to seek the things that left me with nothing....all of those years, He felt the same pain of separation from me as I had felt from my own child.

I realized that God does understand...a lot more than I do, as a matter of fact. Whenever sin separates us from our heavenly Father, and we play the roles of prodigal sons and daughters, God feels the pain of separation, as a parent to their child.

This really cut to my heart....but not in a bad way. It made me realize just how much God loves us!!!!!

militarywife
Oct 31st 2008, 02:32 AM
I wanted to share an experience I had a few months ago that left me convicted and comforted all at once. Our God has such a way of piercing the heart, and cutting through to the truth, with such sweet gentleness and love. This happened to me when I was going through some especially vehement inner turmoil.

A few months ago, when I was still separated from my daughter, I was experiencing a period of intense depression, loneliness, and despair. I didn't know what the Lord was doing, nor did I know if I'd ever see my child again. On one particular day, I was feeling so low that I felt about ready to give up. I basically told the Lord that I couldn't take being separated from my child, and that I didn't know why I was having to go through this. God assured me that it was all in His hands.

Yes, but God, You have Your Son in heaven with you. I don't know if I'll ever have a relationship with my baby again

Then, in the most loving, gentle way I have ever heard, He said something I will never forget:

My child, I was not talking about my Son. I was talking about YOU. I love you. I have always loved you.

At that moment, it occurred to me....all of those years that i lived apart in rebellion, those years that i departed from His sweet presence to seek the things that left me with nothing....all of those years, He felt the same pain of separation from me as I had felt from my own child.

I realized that God does understand...a lot more than I do, as a matter of fact. Whenever sin separates us from our heavenly Father, and we play the roles of prodigal sons and daughters, God feels the pain of separation, as a parent to their child.

This really cut to my heart....but not in a bad way. It made me realize just how much God loves us!!!!!

God is wonderful. :hug:

JesusReignsForever
Oct 31st 2008, 03:12 AM
Awesome! Praise God!

turtledove
Oct 31st 2008, 02:10 PM

What a blessing to read this today. Yes, God loves us and is our Father who always waits for the prodigals to come home. I can relate very much as I wait for an estranged one and as the Father once waited for me.

I love the biblical parable of the lost son who comes home to his father..it always gives me such hope and appreciation of the love of the Father for us.

Especially this part: "So, he got up and went to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him." (Luke 15:20)

:pray:

brother lawrence
Nov 6th 2008, 01:08 PM
Hi Welder4Christ:

WOW! Isn't our Heavenly Father amazing! Especially when He speaks to us. I have found in my journey, that when I am in the depths of despair, our Heavenly Father will comfort and encourage me. When we are in such desperation we realize we just cannot go on without Him. But rejoice because He is always there to carry us through this time of despair. And He will rise us back up and make us stronger in our relationship with Him then we were before. These trials will make our faith and trust stronger in Him then they were before. Jesus tells us to come to Him all who are heavy burdened and He will give us rest. What a wonderful gift we have in Him.

I will pray for you to have the relationship you want with your daughter. But I will also pray that you will have a deep, loving, an intimate relationship with our Heavenly Father, so you will feel the peace that passes all understanding, that we can only find through our Lord of Lords. And keep talking to our Heavenly Father, and be still and listen to what He tells you. I have a constant dialogue with God all day long, from the time I wake up in the morning until the time I go to bed. God gave to me a little poem I always say to Him: When I wake in the morning I know you are there, when I go to sleep at night you say rest in my care!

God bless you :hug:

turtledove
Nov 6th 2008, 02:44 PM
I wanted to share an experience I had a few months ago that left me convicted and comforted all at once.

I appreciate the way you express this and, yes, it is so true that we can be 'convicted and comforted'all at once.

Sharing this scripture:

John 14:21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him. :pray:

moonglow
Nov 6th 2008, 03:20 PM
Wow that was beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

God bless

RevivedGirl0216
Nov 6th 2008, 06:48 PM
Thank you so much for sharing this!
This brought tears to my eyes...Praise You Lord!

When my mother passed, i said, Lord, how come others have their mothers and I can't have mine? He said, a lot have their mothers, but do not have Me. :hug:
He is so amazing!
Thank You Lord!!!

Equipped_4_Love
Nov 7th 2008, 04:43 AM
Thank you, everyone.

I am so glad that this blessed you all. God is so wonderful....Truly a love that is unfailing!!!

Gard
Nov 7th 2008, 12:25 PM

This is amazing. While I am not suffering through the circumstances that you are experiencing right now, your post left me with such a feeling of peace. It serves to remind me that no matter the conditions of our lives, whether they be sad and difficult or calm and peaceful, God is always there with us.