PDA

View Full Version : Video - The Horizon Project: Bracing For Tomorrow

immortality
Oct 29th 2008, 07:19 PM
"Episode 01 of The Horizon Project begins with a frightening bang. Newly discovered scientific evidence shows that the world as we know it is about to come to an unexpected end; however, knowing what's coming over the horizon is only the tip of the iceberg; understanding WHY presents a picture far greater than you could have imagined.

Global catastrophic events throughout our past have severed the flow of information from one generation to the next, creating permanent gaps in history and knowledge. Civilizations that came before us knew of the upcoming inevitable catastrophe, leaving behind major clues that have just been recently discovered. The knowledge that was once lost is the missing link that provides a clear understanding of how our world truly operates. Ironically, these clues also inform us that time is running out; sooner than you may believe."

The Horizon Project Documentary

Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2mWsqkmu8E)
Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRn3urOIjIo&feature=related)
Part 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9dVuCC9H5Y&feature=related)
Part 4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-jZAW0jMx8&feature=related)
Part 5 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSqsCEIUius&feature=related)
Part 6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaliXG3HkLQ&feature=related)
Part 7 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhCYkhg3tZM&feature=related)
Part 8 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP7LaFKmzN4)

immortality
Nov 5th 2008, 10:06 PM
is it a coincidence that scientists say humanity is overdue for a pole shift and that the sixth seal seems to suggest a pole shift?

additionally, the deceptive "new agers" are saying that there is going to be a pole shift in the near future, where their "friendly space brothers" will carry out an evacuation.

indeed, such a devastating event would be considered god's wrath on an unbelieving humanity. scripture makes it clear that true and genuine believers are not subject to wrath. therefore, could this just be an explanation for their disappearance? could these fallen angels, masquerading as our "friendly space brothers", attempt to convince the population that they were responsible for the disappearance of these individuals?

"...We watch diligently, the threat of a polar shift for the planet in your generation. Such a development would create a planetery situation through which none could survive. This would necessitate an evacuation such as I have referred to."

from: New Age Rapture, By Peter D. Goodgame (http://www.redmoonrising.com/newage.htm)

myself and many others tend to agree that this is indeed not all a mere coincidence. the wise virgins who have oil in their lamps will not be taken off of this planet by space aliens, but rather by god's angels. jesus said that at the end of the age they, being the harvesters, will collect the wheat and bring them into his barn.

my friends, difficult times are going to come upon this world very soon. the church worldwide may very well undergo much hardships. we need to be ready for anything - whether it's persecution and hardships or out time to go home.

teddyv
Nov 5th 2008, 10:15 PM
is it a coincidence that scientists say humanity is overdue for a pole shift and that the sixth seal seems to suggest a pole shift?

What scientists are suggesting humanity is overdue for a pole shift. Names, specialties, please.

additionally, the deceptive "new agers" are saying that there is going to be a pole shift in the near future, where their "friendly space brothers" will carry out an evacuation.

Ah, that's where Nancy Leider's Zeta Reticulan friends fit in :rolleyes:. Her prediction appears to have failed completely in May 2003 - is she still peddling this garbage?.

immortality
Nov 5th 2008, 10:16 PM
i don't think you understand that i'm saying these new agers are indeed deceptive entities.

did you watch the documentary, teddyv?

teddyv
Nov 5th 2008, 10:24 PM
did you watch the documentary, teddyv?
I can't at the moment - not enough time while at work. Your first link also goes to a Youtube page that indicates the video is no longer available. The second one is still there. I will try and look at some when I get home, but I don't hold out much hope.

That said without watching it I am highly skeptical of any scientists that have actually said "we are overdue for a pole shift". I have heard nothing of the sort in any newspaper, journal, or other accessible source. If you are going to imply in a global conspiracy that keeps people silent, I don't know what I could say in return, other than I don't believe there is such a conspiracy (people love to talk).

I am aware of the stuff peddled by Nancy Leider, and that someone else picked up the torch of Planet X / pole shifts after her failed prediction.

immortality
Nov 5th 2008, 10:42 PM
i think you're at a misunderstanding, teddyv.

you keep mentioning "nancy leider" (who i am unfamiliar with), almost as if the delusionment of one phony individual automatically refutes the possibility of a pole shift.

please take the time to read the following article, as it will help clear up any confusion you may have: New Age Rapture By Peter D Goodgame (http://www.redmoonrising.com/newage.htm)

and regarding what's presented in the documentary, i suggest considering the following quote:

“There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep man in everlasting ignorance. That principle is condemnation before investigation.” - Edmund Spencer

please don't make the foolish mistake of shooting down something before you even look into it yourself...

teddyv
Nov 6th 2008, 05:05 AM
OK, I have actually sat through the first four videos. It more or less is what I expected. Lots of real scientific tidbits supposedly pointing to a radical conclusion. I still haven't got to the point of what actually causes the shift and I am not hopeful. From a physics standpoint, either the maker of these videos does not understand the actual forces involved, or is just willfully being deceitful. Look up inertia.

I note that there are all sorts of references to mainstream scientists, yet no one is named. Lots of grandiose statements. So far few sources, a few out of context quotes. I would take weeks to go through this line by line to actually check the "facts" that our thrown out all willy-nilly. This is pseudoscience at it's finest and worthy of a Star Trek episode.

Ultimately it is a conclusion (pole shift) that is searching for evidence, rather than the other way around. As a geologist I have never seen any hint of evidence of pole shift (as described in the videos) in any mainstream source.

One of my favourites so far is the underwater cities-I think the footage they showed was Egyptian ruins now submerged due to the Aswan Dam on the Nile (but I could be wrong).

you keep mentioning "nancy leider" (who i am unfamiliar with), almost as if the delusionment of one phony individual automatically refutes the possibility of a pole shift.
My reference to Ms. Leider only points to the fact that this theory is not as new as this video series would suggest. Yes she was definitely delusional; she may not have been the first to suggest it, but she certainly isn't the last to exploit it.

please don't make the foolish mistake of shooting down something before you even look into it yourself...
Having seen this all before, it's pretty much the same old, same old, that does not stand up to scrutiny.

I believe in your other posts you have suggested this pole shift may equate to events surrounding the sixth seal - well I suppose anything is possible in the future. Maybe you can clarify why you feel this is valid theory when there is really no evidence that it's happened in the past.

immortality
Nov 8th 2008, 12:48 AM
From a physics standpoint, either the maker of these videos does not understand the actual forces involved, or is just willfully being deceitful. Look up inertia.

I note that there are all sorts of references to mainstream scientists, yet no one is named.

did you watch parts 6 and 7? what are your thoughts?

and at the end of the video, the host says:

"As with any new discovery, great resistance is expected and there will be those who blatantly discredit the information you have learned today - whether it be form denial, fear, or ones true belief that nothing will happen."

what are the odds, teddy, that you are in reality not skeptical or unconvinced, but rather blatantly choosing not to believe this?

this is undoubtedly the case with much of humanity. they do not want to step out of their bubble of false sense of security and comfort, but would much rather remain in their ignorance.

however, as time is running out, humanity really has nothing to lose. the blissful ignorance they have been enjoying will very soon be over. it is either wake up now while there's still time, or be rudely awakened...

also, i feel compelled to ask: when you're in deep prayer and communion with god, what do you discern the holy spirit has told you regarding the future? do you get the impression from him that it is looking hopeful? if indeed the holy spirit is in you of course.

thepenitent
Nov 8th 2008, 03:49 AM
I can't at the moment - not enough time while at work. Your first link also goes to a Youtube page that indicates the video is no longer available. The second one is still there. I will try and look at some when I get home, but I don't hold out much hope.

That said without watching it I am highly skeptical of any scientists that have actually said "we are overdue for a pole shift". I have heard nothing of the sort in any newspaper, journal, or other accessible source. If you are going to imply in a global conspiracy that keeps people silent, I don't know what I could say in return, other than I don't believe there is such a conspiracy (people love to talk).

I am aware of the stuff peddled by Nancy Leider, and that someone else picked up the torch of Planet X / pole shifts after her failed prediction.

One of the scientists who predicted a future pole shift was Albert Einstein. I have read his quotes on this and it is in the video the first post linked to. It is supposedly caused when the solar system passes through the gravitational plane created by a supermassive black hole at the center of the milky way galexy.

teddyv
Nov 10th 2008, 09:14 PM
did you watch parts 6 and 7? what are your thoughts?

I have not had a chance yet. I will do my best to try and get some time one evening.

and at the end of the video, the host says:

"As with any new discovery, great resistance is expected and there will be those who blatantly discredit the information you have learned today - whether it be form denial, fear, or ones true belief that nothing will happen."

What do you think they are going to say? This is a stock phrase for every person pushing some very non-mainstream theory. It plays to the viewer’s emotions of feeling part of select group of people who now know the truth.

Certainly as Christians this quote could be considered true as it requires faith in things unseen. The truth of the gospel certainly will lead to resistance and denial by those who do not accept the gospel. But even within our beliefs we are to be discerning and consider matters to make sure we stay within the truth.

what are the odds, teddy, that you are in reality not skeptical or unconvinced, but rather blatantly choosing not to believe this?

How am I supposed to answer this? I have taken the time to watch a few of the videos, and replied with some comments. The video series thus far is not compelling based on my understanding of geology (which is my specialty) and other areas of science. The video throws out all sorts of “evidence” which would take months to sort through and establish their veracity. I am not going to uncritically accept this data because some anonymous person on the internet says this is the truth. The whole concept has all the hallmarks of pseudoscience. If actual peer-reviewed research starts showing up on this, then it may be time to start challenging long-standing assumptions.

And if taking time to review the videos, and make some comments is what you consider “blatantly choosing to not believe this” then I am not sure that I can say much else.

this is undoubtedly the case with much of humanity. they do not want to step out of their bubble of false sense of security and comfort, but would much rather remain in their ignorance.

however, as time is running out, humanity really has nothing to lose. the blissful ignorance they have been enjoying will very soon be over. it is either wake up now while there's still time, or be rudely awakened...

I'm sure you feel special because you know the truth of the future. The rest of us are the poor unenlightened “sheeple”. I see the same talk with conspiracy theorists. If I'm wrong, well, so be it. Not much I can do about it anyway. This has nothing to do with my faith, or lack of, in God.

also, i feel compelled to ask: when you're in deep prayer and communion with god, what do you discern the holy spirit has told you regarding the future? do you get the impression from him that it is looking hopeful? if indeed the holy spirit is in you of course.

I don’t spend a lot of time worrying about the future as there is very little value to it. I am actually relatively hopeful for the future. I wish to see the world improve by actively promoting the Kingdom of God in the here and now. The Good News continues to be spread. I have a daughter and another child on the way that I desire to see grow and come to know our God and Christ. I am not waiting at the station for Jesus to take me home. Your very last comment is noted. I don’t question your infilling of the Holy Spirit because you believe in something that is unrelated to our Christian walk.

(Sorry about the quotes getting split up, I don't understand whay that happens and I can't seem to correct it:confused).

teddyv
Nov 10th 2008, 09:19 PM
One of the scientists who predicted a future pole shift was Albert Einstein. I have read his quotes on this and it is in the video the first post linked to. It is supposedly caused when the solar system passes through the gravitational plane created by a supermassive black hole at the center of the milky way galexy.
When that quote came up I googled it to see if I could find the context but I haven't found anything.

Ultimately, in the video, this only seems to be an appeal to authority fallacy. Einstein certainly was a brilliant theoretical physicist but I would hesitate to take his thoughts on non-related issues with any serious weight. Again in this case, some context would be nice. Finally, this quote was from a long time ago and scientific theories have been long since advanced.

teddyv
Nov 11th 2008, 05:03 AM
OK, finally finished watching the remaining videos. I still remain unconvinced but that's probably no surprise :).

There is just so much unsupported speculation and handwaving stated as fact that it becomes very hard to take anything seriously (especially the "researcher" from the third/fourth videos). There are also plenty of misstatements (e.g. we have no probe orbiting Saturn for the past 18 or 20 years - Voyager passed by 20 years ago, though). And the physicist, Dr. Agnew, needs to stop talking about geology because he does not get much right.

locboxx
Nov 12th 2008, 08:12 AM
that was incredible. the polar shift is the wrath of God, the great tribulation

Semi-tortured
Nov 12th 2008, 09:37 PM
that was incredible. the polar shift is the wrath of God, the great tribulation

No where in the Bible does it say that. Don't take these videos done by fringe wackos as Biblical prophecy.

immortality
Nov 12th 2008, 09:57 PM
No where in the Bible does it say that. Don't take these videos done by fringe wackos as Biblical prophecy.

did you watch the documentary, semi-tortured?

teddyv
Nov 12th 2008, 10:22 PM
immortality,

I have, in good faith, watched all the videos in the series. I've made some general comments on why I don't believe this holds any water. These people are attempting to make the case scientifically. If it was purely a religious or faith-based assertions I would cut them a lot more slack since we can't prove that as readily. However since there are clear claims being made contrary to current mainstream theories, they carry the burden of proof. And wild speculation is not proof which is rampant in the documentary.

Can you take some time to explain why you feel this video reveals the truth that we are heading toward? Do you truly understand what they are trying to sell you? Or does it just fit with your end-times views (that's not bad or anything).

immortality
Nov 12th 2008, 11:15 PM
immortality,

I have, in good faith, watched all the videos in the series. I've made some general comments on why I don't believe this holds any water. These people are attempting to make the case scientifically. If it was purely a religious or faith-based assertions I would cut them a lot more slack since we can't prove that as readily. However since there are clear claims being made contrary to current mainstream theories, they carry the burden of proof. And wild speculation is not proof which is rampant in the documentary.

"By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen..."

noah did not see with his own two eyes the flood that was going to be unleashed upon humanity. i do not physically see with my own eyes the events that are soon going to transpire on this planet. i do not have any tangible "proof" of the coming pole shift. however, i have become convinced that god has revealed this reality to me. that is all the that i need. i have discerned my confronting of this reality is from god, and i am content with that.

there are professing christians who have a difficult time accepting that god still does such things. well, he still does. there are numerous individuals, even on this forum, who have had their eyes opened by god even to this particular reality.

i feel i always need to elaborate that god does not come down to an individual and shout in his ear, "there's a pole shift coming!" that is not how it works. rather, if one is a genuine christian, consequently lead by the holy spirit, then he can be lead into many things - the horizon project documentary being just one of them. so if the holy spirit can influence a christian to read certain passages in the bible, then certainly he can influence a christian to read an article online, read a book, or watch a video.

there are of course those who say, "all you need is the bible!" indeed, the scriptures are all one needs. but for those who are spiritually mature, and are not easily tossed back and forth by the clever schemes of men (online disinformation is rampant), then they will be able to discover, with the discernment the holy spirit provides, surprising amounts of truth.

i think the horizon project documentary portrays, to me at least, a great amount of grace from god. it's almost as if it is a "gift" from him to those who would only be humble enough to accept it - to those who have eyes to see and ears to hear.

Can you take some time to explain why you feel this video reveals the truth that we are heading toward? Do you truly understand what they are trying to sell you? Or does it just fit with your end-times views (that's not bad or anything).i was convinced we are nearing the end of the age before even watching the video. therefore the documentary has only added to my convictions.

Semi-tortured
Nov 12th 2008, 11:53 PM
did you watch the documentary, semi-tortured?

I watched the whole thing. The problem I have (and this is only one of many) is their reasoning for this is based completely on science and they try to use the Bible as more of a tool to support their scientific, doomsday theory. Scientifically, it is very suspect. Also, as I have said before, a rapid pole shift would leave the world completely devoid of human life. It would be beyond a disaster. Jesus returns to Earth and there are people awaiting Him (good and bad).

Another thing that bothers me (and I'm not attacking you, so understand the "tone" of this post isn't ticked off, its more of a conversationa thing) is you have posted 2 completely seperate doomsday scenarios (Planet X and Horizon) at various times on this board that happen to land on a year that is related to another doomsday prediction done by a people group that practiced human sacrifices (Mayans). First of all, its one or the other. Planet X and Horizon both happening the way these scientists describe would probably make the world explode. So if its one or the other, why put both? When you post several things that 95% (and that includes 95% of Christians) of the population would consider nuts and that can't ALL happen, it not only lessens your credibility, but if it DOES end up not coming to pass, it damages people's faith. Not mine in particular, but people who are new to the faith.

immortality
Nov 13th 2008, 05:04 AM
the pole shift, planet x and sixth seal subjects fit together all too perfectly. the horizon project actually mentions all of these. that is what their premise, and mine, is based on.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4538/horizon012907azb5.jpg

"...unexpected celestial objects may pass through the solar system as they too are influenced by the gravitational plain. This may account for the ancient records describing several past worldwide catastrophes accompanied by passing bodies, comets, or what some researchers today refer to as Planet X."

part 8 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP7LaFKmzN4)

as the above video explains, contrary to popular belief, the cataclysms will not transpire entirely in the year 2012. in fact, that year may only mark the midpoint on the destructive time line. additionally, one or more pole shifts are possible. my research has concluded that the first pole shift may occur in 2009, when planet x makes its initial passage into our solar system, then another one occurring three years later when it makes its voyage back out into space in 2012.

and to answer your question why i would ever convey my beliefs regarding these seemingly preposterous subjects:

"We did not seek praise from people-from you or from anyone else..." [eph 6:6]

"...for they loved the approval of men rather than the approval of God." [john 12:43]

"Am I now trying to win the approval of people or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be the Messiah's servant." [galatians 1:10]

i do not seek the opinion of men. i do not mind if anyone thinks i'm crazy, out of touch with reality, or even "unchristian". the god of this universe knows considering these subjects in a mature manner can be beneficial. that is all that matters, is it not?

and i really do hope this doesn't get moved to the controversial area, as i want more people to be exposed to the documentary. perhaps if it should, i'll post it again, except withhold from giving my insight regarding these preposterous subjects.

also, i will conclude by saying that discussing/debating these things will soon no longer be necessary. a devastating terrorist attack is coming, and so is an apocalyptic war. i believe we'll see these events very soon, most likely before the year is over. life as we know it will begin changing drastically from then on, as humanity will begin to be plunged into the end of the age. those who have been skeptical will be forced to have second thoughts.

truly, the message is "repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near".

Semi-tortured
Nov 13th 2008, 06:56 PM
But your entire premise is based on an ENORMOUS government cover up. And not just government anymore. If Planet X is coming through our solar system next year, it would be getting AWFULLY large in the sky right about now seeing as it's thought to be larger than Jupiter. I've seen the trajectories this planet is supposedly on. If its supposed to swing through in 2009 and then pass right back by us 3 years later, shouldn't we be able to look out our windows at night and see the thing? I mean, there are times where you can see Jupiter with the naked eye. This thing is WAY bigger than Jupiter and apparently closer? Scientists all over would be dicovering this thing by now. There's no way the government would be able to cover it up as close as it supposedly is.

Also, the orbit being proposed is scientifically invalid. The type of eliptical orbit being proposed by a planet that size is not sustainable. I posted a large list of facts in the Planet X thread over in the contro forum that debunk the entire Planet X theory. Did you read that?

And please do not use Bible verses to compare yourself to Paul. Paul was spreading the gospel of Christ to the world. You are talking about fringe scientific theories and government coverups. :rolleyes: I'm not trying to be rude, but using the Bible to compare yourself to the Apostle Paul and what he preached compared to what you are espousing, is not right. Yes, discussing these matters in a mature matter can be beneficial, but both these theories have been torn apart by 99.9% of the scientific community. Does the governemt have control over 99.9% of the scientists? Also, there are very, very few scientists and experts talking about these theories. If the "powers that be" were powerful enough to keep a secret this monsterous under wraps, I doubt those scientists giving these theories would last long or that these videos would be freely available on Youtube. If they have the unimaginable power to hide the creation of mass underground cities, believe me, they have the power to make a couple fringe scientists disappear.

Once again, my tone in writing this is not aggressive or angry. I'm simply stating my beliefs and why I think its dangerous to be describing these things as if they most certainly WILL happen.

immortality
Nov 13th 2008, 08:13 PM
you bring up many substantial questions/concerns semi-tortured, therefore they require a substantial response. honestly, i don't have the energy nor desire at this time to do so. please forgive me.

but let me ask the question, semi-tortured:

what does the holy spirit seem to tell you regarding the future? do you get the impression that it is looking hopeful?

remember, it is not what you want or think will happen, but what god is telling you is going to happen.

Semi-tortured
Nov 13th 2008, 08:53 PM
you bring up many substantial questions/concerns semi-tortured, therefore they require a substantial response. honestly, i don't have the energy nor desire at this time to do so. please forgive me.

but let me ask the question, semi-tortured:

what does the holy spirit seem to tell you regarding the future? do you get the impression that it is looking hopeful?

remember, it is not what you want or think will happen, but what god is telling you is going to happen.

I honestly don't know. I have read a thousand different end times scenarios. Most of the ones I've read have already failed according to the way they were laid out. To be honest, I feel God tells me to worry about today and the trials that are going on now. He doesn't need me to know the future because to Him, its already set. Me worrying about it is not going to change it.

Matt. 6:33 - "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. 34 - "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

I pay attention to the world around me, don't get me wrong, but there are times when I believe the world is going to end in the next 10 years, and then there are other times when I just can't see it happening any time soon.

immortality
Nov 13th 2008, 09:26 PM
ok. thanks for answering.