PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT At Least 170 Dead in 6.4 Earthquake in Pakistan

crownoflife2000
Oct 30th 2008, 05:21 AM
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan Rescue teams and family members searched frantically for survivors late Wednesday in a string of villages in southwestern Pakistan where at least 170 people were killed by a powerful earthquake.
Thousands of people were left homeless by the predawn temblor in the rural area, where many residents live in mud-brick homes that collapsed with the force of the magnitude 6.4 quake. Authorities said the death toll could rise as rescuers make their way to remote villages that had been cut off by landslides.
Even in good conditions, roads in the area are primitive. Pakistani army helicopters and cargo planes were ferrying in emergency aid, including food, tents and blankets. Medical teams were converging on the scene near the border with Afghanistan, but help arrived too late for some.
President Asif Ali Zardari ordered the national and provincial governments as well as the army to swiftly provide all necessary aid. The tremor was yet another challenge for his young government, which is struggling with a flagging economy, repeated clashes with insurgents in the border region, and conflicts with its American allies over U.S. military strikes into Pakistani territory.
The quake, which struck as most people were asleep, was centered about 50 miles northeast of the city of Quetta, the capital of Pakistan's impoverished Baluchistan province. With the chill of winter setting in, many of the survivors lost everything, including warm clothing, in the rubble of their homes.

The area was rocked by a magnitude 6.2 aftershock Wednesday evening, terrifying thousands of people who were preparing to spend a freezing night in the open.
In some of the hardest-hit villages in Zirat and Pishin districts, entire families were buried in the ruins of mud-brick compounds, and survivors were digging mass graves, using whatever implements they could find.
The Roll of our ministry:
Our ministry is gathering used cloths from or area and also villages near by to send the truck to effective area. Faith and hope ministry is very blessed that people are really cooperating and giving as much as they can. Down is the list of things.
Blankets, Tents, Sweaters, Socks, Bed sheets, Breads, medicines, Bibles And many other things those are in need.
Please you are welcome to contribute before our truck proceeds to area. You will be sent pictures reports and receipts. I will keep update you with the passage of time. Or you may have heard it in your local news too.
http://www.freewebs.com/ericyaqub/index.htm (http://www.freewebs.com/ericyaqub/index.htm)
In Him
Evangelist Eric

Ashley274
Oct 30th 2008, 05:26 AM
How sad and this is the first I have heard of this...I can and will PRAY :pray:

David161099
Oct 30th 2008, 05:31 AM
:pray: Prayeing for the injured and lost.

IMINXTC
Oct 30th 2008, 06:51 AM
Praying for the victims and families and people of Pakistan! The pictures are pretty saddening.

crownoflife2000
Oct 30th 2008, 08:19 AM
To donate for the victims you can send your contribution to bro Michael our dearly brother in Christ from USA. He is attached to our ministry from many years. If any body wants to contribute please let me know i will give u his information. And he will send me what is collated it will save the sending cost.
Your every $ will give the comfort to uncomforted people. People are facing terrible cold season with out any warm cloths. As our lord Said share our things with our brothers. And also our ministry will have chance to Evangelize the word of God and give them hope and distribute Bibles.
In Him
Evangelist Eric
:pray:

Redneck Charger
Oct 30th 2008, 12:42 PM
Please Jesus.. Please help the families and people of Pakinstan.. Please help them rebuild.. and help reunite families.. Please Jesus..:pray::pray::pray::pray:

Frances
Oct 30th 2008, 05:32 PM
:pray:.......................................

livingwaters
Oct 31st 2008, 12:10 AM
:pray::pray:ing for all involved. May our Father show himself to those who don't know HIM...they are in such dire straits.:pray:

Colo25
Oct 31st 2008, 06:31 PM
:pray: for those who have lost a loved one, and praying for the families affected by this tragedy.:pray: