PDA

View Full Version : Discussion David's Throne

DIZZY
Oct 30th 2008, 08:01 AM
Is not David's throne an earthly throne?
The Bible tells us that the Lord will reign from David's throne.

Isaiah 9:6-8
6 For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7 Of the increase of his government and peace
there will be no end.
He will reign on David's throne
and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
with justice and righteousness
from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the LORD Almighty
will accomplish this.

Davids throne is not an everlasting throne. Christs throne though is eternal. don't we have a physical throne being ruled on by the Lord and a spiritual throne. Once the earth is destroyed David's throne exists no more. But the Son of David will reign forever.

Literalist-Luke
Oct 30th 2008, 08:21 AM
Well, the chair he sat on won't exist, sure, it already doesn't exist today, but the office he held of King, which is what the "Throne" means, will never cease to exist, as Christ's Kingship will last forever.

I'm not sure what the issue is. http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w40/litluke/noidea.gif

Hawkins
Oct 30th 2008, 08:42 AM
Well, the chair he sat on won't exist, sure, it already doesn't exist today, but the office he held of King, which is what the "Throne" means, will never cease to exist, as Christ's Kingship will last forever.

I'm not sure what the issue is. http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w40/litluke/noidea.gif

I think that the "Throne" means the King of the Jews. So our Lord is on that "Throne" spiritually speaking as long as He's authorized to be the King of the Jews, disregarding the physical "Throne".

BroRog
Oct 30th 2008, 02:10 PM
I think that the "Throne" means the King of the Jews. So our Lord is on that "Throne" spiritually speaking as long as He's authorized to be the King of the Jews, disregarding the physical "Throne".

What do you mean "spiritually speaking"?

David Taylor
Oct 30th 2008, 02:40 PM
to us a son is given,
And he will be called
there will be no end.
and over his kingdom,
will accomplish this.

Davids throne is not an everlasting throne.

The context of the verse from Isaiah is speaking eternally and everlastingly.

Of course Jesus, (the fulfillment), not David (the pre-type) is the subject.

Luke re-quoted and paraphrased Isaiah when announcing the birth of Christ incarnate:

Luke 1:31 "And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end."

"Throne of David" is an analogy to "ultimate reign"....

Just like "cats and dogs" is an analogy to "ultimate rain"...

(didn't mean to make a pun, but it works well here)

"Throne of David" is also used in that same everlasting analogy in the O.T. at times; confirming Luke and Isaiah's useage of it.

I Kings 2:45 And king Solomon shall be blessed, and the throne of David shall be established before the LORD for ever.

We can easily see that the throne of David under Solomon wasn't estabilised forever....the intent of this passage was pointing to Christ, the everlasting King who reigns on the throne of David for ever.

John146
Oct 30th 2008, 03:01 PM

to us a son is given,
And he will be called
there will be no end.
and over his kingdom,
will accomplish this.

Davids throne is not an everlasting throne. Christs throne though is eternal. don't we have a physical throne being ruled on by the Lord and a spiritual throne. Once the earth is destroyed David's throne exists no more. But the Son of David will reign forever.That passage is not referring to an earthly throne, but a heavenly one. That is a prophecy regarding Christ taking His place in power as King in heaven. This took place upon His resurrection and subsequent ascension to the right hand of the Father in heaven.

29Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. 30Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
31He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
32This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
33Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
34For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
35Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
36Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Jesus is the King of God's people just as David was in his day. That is what it means when it speaks of Jesus reigning on David's throne. Notice verse 30 above. It quotes from this prophecy:

Psalm 132
11The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne.
12If thy children will keep my covenant and my testimony that I shall teach them, their children shall also sit upon thy throne for evermore.

If this was referring to an earthly throne, then how could it be that all the children (descendants) who keep the covenant would sit upon the throne? That would have to be an awfully big throne if it was a literal earthly one.

In reference to that prophecy from Psalm 132:11, Peter says "He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ". So, Peter is saying the resurrection of Christwas directly related to the fulfillment of that prophecy. Certainly, Christ is now at the right hand of the Father exalted as King and reigning from the throne. Scripture clearly teaches this.

My heart's Desire
Oct 30th 2008, 04:51 PM

to us a son is given,
And he will be called
there will be no end.
and over his kingdom,
will accomplish this.

What is interesting is that It will be a government. It will have no end and it will be a governed by peace.
He will reign on David's throne, and He will reign over his kingdom.
Does this speak of Him reigning over David's kingdom? Who did David's kingdom consist of?
Naturally, when Jesus reigns the Throne, the government and the Kingdom will be His, if seen in the other respect, David's kingdom was Israel. That was his kingdom.

My heart's Desire
Oct 30th 2008, 04:55 PM
If this was referring to an earthly throne, then how could it be that all the children (descendants) who keep the covenant would sit upon the throne? That would have to be an awfully big throne if it was a literal earthly one.
A very weak example could be we have a President, (not a king) who lives and operates from the White House, (not a throne) but many operate from the White House with and under him. Maybe?

John146
Oct 30th 2008, 06:56 PM
A very weak example could be we have a President, (not a king) who lives and operates from the White House, (not a throne) but many operate from the White House with and under him. Maybe?Where does Jesus operate from? He is on the throne at the right hand of the Father...where?

John146
Oct 30th 2008, 07:02 PM
What is interesting is that It will be a government. It will have no end and it will be a governed by peace.
He will reign on David's throne, and He will reign over his kingdom.
Does this speak of Him reigning over David's kingdom? Who did David's kingdom consist of?
Naturally, when Jesus reigns the Throne, the government and the Kingdom will be His, if seen in the other respect, David's kingdom was Israel. That was his kingdom.You don't believe that Jesus is King of His kingdom right now and that we are in His kingdom? If not, please explain the following passages:

Col 1
12Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

John 18
36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here.”
37 Pilate therefore said to Him, “Are You a king then?”
Jesus answered, “You say rightly that I am a king . For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.”

Luke 17
20Now having been questioned by the Pharisees as to when the kingdom of God was coming, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed;
21nor will they say, 'Look, here it is!' or, 'There it is!' For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst."

David Taylor
Oct 30th 2008, 08:07 PM
And these:

Revelation 1:9 "I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos"

Daniel 4:3 "How great are his signs! and how mighty are his wonders! his kingdom is an everlasting kingdom"

2 Peter 1:11 "For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth."

DIZZY
Oct 30th 2008, 11:47 PM
Christ does not rule over the earthly kingdom, Satan has rule over this kingdom. When Christ returns He will bind Satan and rule from it. Then all kingdoms are the Lords and He shall reign forever. Satan has been judged but he has not been punished yet, he still rules this world, he is still the prince of the air

Ephesians 2:2 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=56&chapter=2&verse=2&version=9&context=verse)
Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Matthew 4:7-9
7Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. 8Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; 9And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

Satan has rule of the kingdoms of the earth at the present time.

John 16:5-11
5 “But now I go away to Him who sent Me, and none of you asks Me, ‘Where are You going?’ 6 But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. 7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. 8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; 11 of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

Because of Christ's death and resurrection, Christ brings judgment on Satan and the world who rebels against Christ. The time has been appointed and their punishment for their rebellion has been set.

Christ must reign until everything is put under His rule. Since this earthly kingdom isn't under His rule, doesn't that mean He has to come back and reign from it. In other words He has to reign from Jerusalem from David's throne over Israel and the whole world, who will be in subject to Him.

As it has been said David's throne is an earthly throne, Christ's throne is a spiritual throne that last eternally.

Christ can not deliver up the earthly kingdom to God until He has taken possession of it from Satan. Satan took possession of the earthly kingdom when Adam sinned, Christ will take possession when He finally defeats Satan at the end of the millennial reign and he will cast Satan and all that followed him into the lake of fire.

1 Corinthians 15:23-28
23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. 24Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.25For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 26The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. 28And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
When the millennial reign comes to a close Satan is cast into the lake of fire where the false prophet and the beast are. Christ has the kingdom under His authority and He hands it over to the father. At this point we see the Great White Throne judgment where death is the last enemy to be destroyed cast into the lake of fire.

David Taylor
Oct 31st 2008, 12:42 AM
And these:

Revelation 1:9 "I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos"

Daniel 4:3 "How great are his signs! and how mighty are his wonders! his kingdom is an everlasting kingdom"

2 Peter 1:11 "For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth."

So you believe these three passages above are talking about Satan's Kingdom?

Hhhhhmmmmm...I really can't see that.

Hawkins
Oct 31st 2008, 12:56 AM
What do you mean "spiritually speaking"?

Basically and physically, the Jews don't seem to realize that Jesus is their Lord and King. That's why I said actually and spiritually He is their Lord and King.

DIZZY
Oct 31st 2008, 01:08 AM
So you believe these three passages above are talking about Satan's Kingdom?

Hhhhhmmmmm...I really can't see that.

Hi David,
No. They speak of the heavenly kingdom of which we are apart of.

John 8:23 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=50&chapter=8&verse=23&version=9&context=verse)
And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

John 18:36 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=50&chapter=18&verse=36&version=9&context=verse)
Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Luke 20:29-35

29There were therefore seven brethren: and the first took a wife, and died without children. 30And the second took her to wife, and he died childless. 31And the third took her; and in like manner the seven also: and they left no children, and died. 32Last of all the woman died also. 33Therefore in the resurrection whose wife of them is she? for seven had her to wife. 34And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage: 35But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:

Jesus speaks of two worlds here the physical and the spiritual, we belong to the spiritual world not this world.
The verses you have quoted in the previos post are speaking of the spiritual world which we belong to, even though we live in the physical world at the moment we are told we will suffer whilst in this earthly world until we die, are raptured or the Lord returns which ever way it is, we are here in this physical world as spiritual beings trapped in a physical body until we are changed.

My heart's Desire
Oct 31st 2008, 05:37 AM
You don't believe that Jesus is King of His kingdom right now and that we are in His kingdom? If not, please explain the following passages:

Col 1
12Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

John 18
36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here.”
37 Pilate therefore said to Him, “Are You a king then?”
Jesus answered, “You say rightly that I am a king . For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.”

Luke 17
20Now having been questioned by the Pharisees as to when the kingdom of God was coming, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed;
21nor will they say, 'Look, here it is!' or, 'There it is!' For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst."
I believe He is King of the Jews. I believe the Lord Jesus is at the Father's right hand until His enemies become His footstool. I also believe that He will come to Mt. Olives and will reign on earth as King 1000 yrs and yes I do believe we, the Church are already part of His kingdom.

My heart's Desire
Oct 31st 2008, 05:39 AM
Where does Jesus operate from? He is on the throne at the right hand of the Father...where?
Right now He is at the Father's right hand but one day He will reign on earth. For awhile anyway. Somewhere along the way the whole kingdom will then be delivered to the Father so that God will be all in all.

John146
Oct 31st 2008, 03:59 PM
I believe He is King of the Jews. I believe the Lord Jesus is at the Father's right hand until His enemies become His footstool. I also believe that He will come to Mt. Olives and will reign on earth as King 1000 yrs and yes I do believe we, the Church are already part of His kingdom.I don't believe in any earthly kingdom although I do believe the heavenly kingdom will be brought down to the new earth when Christ returns. I wanted to see if you believed whether or not we are currently in His kingdom and I'm glad you acknowledge that, at least.

John146
Oct 31st 2008, 04:04 PM
Right now He is at the Father's right hand but one day He will reign on earth. For awhile anyway. Somewhere along the way the whole kingdom will then be delivered to the Father so that God will be all in all.It seems to me that He will deliver the kingdom to the Father when He comes at the end of the age.

1 Cor 15
22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

Matthew 13
40As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
41The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
43Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

David Taylor
Oct 31st 2008, 04:11 PM
Right now He is at the Father's right hand but one day He will reign on earth.

How do you interepret these verses, since you don't seem to believe the Lord reigns over the earth:

Psalms 47:2
"For the LORD most high is terrible; he is a great King over all the earth. "

Psalms 47:7
"For God is the King of all the earth: sing ye praises with understanding. God reigneth over the heathen"

Psalms 83:18
"That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth. "

Psalms 146:10
"The LORD shall reign for ever, even thy God, O Zion, unto all generations."

My heart's Desire
Nov 1st 2008, 12:48 AM
It seems to me that He will deliver the kingdom to the Father when He comes at the end of the age.

24Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

Yes, He will do just that AFTER all is accomplished and the end is the end.

My heart's Desire
Nov 1st 2008, 12:58 AM
How do you interepret these verses, since you don't seem to believe the Lord reigns over the earth:

Psalms 47:2
"For the LORD most high is terrible; he is a great King over all the earth. "

Psalms 47:7
"For God is the King of all the earth: sing ye praises with understanding. God reigneth over the heathen"

Psalms 83:18
"That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth. "

Psalms 146:10
"The LORD shall reign for ever, even thy God, O Zion, unto all generations."

Well, David as you probably know by now, I believe that the Lord Jesus will reign on earth as King during the 1000 yr period after He returns.

My heart's Desire
Nov 1st 2008, 01:01 AM
I don't believe in any earthly kingdom although I do believe the heavenly kingdom will be brought down to the new earth when Christ returns. .
For sake of discussion, in your view above, if the heavenly kingdom is brought down to the new earth, then Christ indeed will reign on earth, correct? And we the Church will reign with Him, for in that respect I do believe that the Church will be dwelling in the New Jerusalem which indeed does come down to the new earth. Some say that it will not fit and so therefore will somewhat be above the earth and not actually right upon it.

Honestly, though this involves the last chapters of Revelation and the more I think I know about it the less I really do. I don't agree with him quite often but at least our own vinsight4u8 has the patience to plow through.

David Taylor
Nov 1st 2008, 02:15 PM
Well, David as you probably know by now, I believe that the Lord Jesus will reign on earth as King during the 1000 yr period after He returns.

The context of those verses from the Psalms weren't about a future time period beyond 2008+.

The context of those verses from the Psalms were present tense during the time of David and Solomon 3,000 years AGO...one verse saying specifically the Lord reigns over the earth forever.

The Scriptures and your belief seem to be in an unexplainable conflict.

What harm does it do to your belief to modify it to harmonize with the Psalms, and admit scripture does teach the Lord was reigning over the Earth 3000 years ago, and the Lord will continue to reign over the earth forever?

My heart's Desire
Nov 2nd 2008, 03:22 AM
The context of those verses from the Psalms weren't about a future time period beyond 2008+.

The context of those verses from the Psalms were present tense during the time of David and Solomon 3,000 years AGO...one verse saying specifically the Lord reigns over the earth forever.

What harm does it do to your belief to modify it to harmonize with the Psalms, and admit scripture does teach the Lord was reigning over the Earth 3000 years ago, and the Lord will continue to reign over the earth forever?
Though the verses you give were/are a present reality, they do not deny that He will also reign on earth, just because it isn't mentioned in these verses doesn't mean that it isn't mentioned in others.

DIZZY
Nov 3rd 2008, 04:19 AM

Well really David if you want to look at it from the Lords point of veiw. The Lord reigns over everything for He has sovereign rule. But the earth at the present time has been given into Satans hands.

Satan is the prince of the air and the Father of those who do not believe. The battle that goes on at the moment is for the souls of every man woman and child. The earth belongs to the Lord but the people of the earth belong to or should I refrase that they are in bondage to Satan.

Christ will return and reign physically from Jerusalem, the word of God says that He will reign from there for 1000yrs.

Zechariah 14:1-15
1 Behold, the day of the LORD is coming,
And your spoil will be divided in your midst.
2 For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem;
The city shall be taken,
The houses rifled,
And the women ravished.
Half of the city shall go into captivity,
But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3 Then the LORD will go forth
And fight against those nations,
As He fights in the day of battle.
4 And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives,
Which faces Jerusalem on the east.
And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two,
From east to west,
Making a very large valley;
Half of the mountain shall move toward the north
And half of it toward the south.

Zech 14:5 Then you shall flee through My mountain valley,
For the mountain valley shall reach to Azal.
Yes, you shall flee
As you fled from the earthquake
In the days of Uzziah king of Judah.
Thus the LORD my God will come,
And all the saints with You.

Revelation 19:19-21
19 And I saw the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army.

Zech 14:6 It shall come to pass in that day
That there will be no light;
The lights will diminish.
7 It shall be one day
Which is known to the LORD—
Neither day nor night.
But at evening time it shall happen
That it will be light.

Matthew 24:29 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=47&chapter=24&verse=29&version=50&context=verse)
29“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

Isaiah 13:9-11
9 Behold, the day of the LORD comes,
Cruel, with both wrath and fierce anger,
To lay the land desolate;
And He will destroy its sinners from it.
10 For the stars of heaven and their constellations
Will not give their light;
The sun will be darkened in its going forth,
And the moon will not cause its light to shine.
11 “ I will punish the world for its evil,
And the wicked for their iniquity;
I will halt the arrogance of the proud,
And will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.

Zech 14:8 And in that day it shall be
That living waters shall flow from Jerusalem,
Half of them toward the eastern sea
And half of them toward the western sea;
In both summer and winter it shall occur.
9 And the LORD shall be King over all the earth.
In that day it shall be—

“ The LORD is one,”
And His name one.

10 All the land shall be turned into a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem. Jerusalem[c (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=zechariah%2014;&version=50;#fen-NKJV-23073c)] shall be raised up and inhabited in her place from Benjamin’s Gate to the place of the First Gate and the Corner Gate, and from the Tower of Hananel to the king’s winepresses.
11 The people shall dwell in it;
And no longer shall there be utter destruction,
But Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.

12 And this shall be the plague with which the LORD will strike all the people who fought against Jerusalem:

Their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet,
Their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets,
And their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths.
13 It shall come to pass in that day
That a great panic from the LORD will be among them.
Everyone will seize the hand of his neighbor,
And raise his hand against his neighbor’s hand;

Revelation 19:20
20 Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone. 21 And the rest were killed with the sword which proceeded from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse. And all the birds were filled with their flesh.

The beast and the false prophet are cast into the lake of fire. Those who worshipped the beast and took his mark are killed with the word that proceeds out of the Lords mouth. Which is the gospel message.

Zech 14:14 Judah also will fight at Jerusalem.
And the wealth of all the surrounding nations
Shall be gathered together:
Gold, silver, and apparel in great abundance.
15 Such also shall be the plague
On the horse and the mule,
On the camel and the donkey,
And on all the cattle that will be in those camps.
So shall this plague be.

Zech 14:16 And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. 17 And it shall be that whichever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, on them there will be no rain. 18 If the family of Egypt will not come up and enter in, they shall have no rain; they shall receive the plague with which the LORD strikes the nations who do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. 19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.
20 In that day “HOLINESS TO THE LORD” shall be engraved on the bells of the horses. The pots in the LORD’s house shall be like the bowls before the altar. 21 Yes, every pot in Jerusalem and Judah shall be holiness to the LORD of hosts. Everyone who sacrifices shall come and take them and cook in them. In that day there shall no longer be a Canaanite in the house of the LORD of hosts.

To believe the Lord will reign from Jerudsalem is not modefying the Bible to suit what we believe or belief enhances what the Bible teaches. What is written above has not been taken out of context it is the teachings of the Word of God.

Jerusalem will be inhabited by Israel and the Lord will reign from Jerusalem and the nations will come and worship Him as King and if they don't worship Him as King then there is a sever punishment.

Kudo Shinichi
Nov 3rd 2008, 03:11 PM
Well, it's to link the LORD Jesus Christ who was born into Bethlehem and linage of King David...said most in Psalms and Isaiah prophecy to fulfilled his first mission is to redeem mankind from sin, death and hell. Then, 2nd coming the LORD Jesus Christ is to be a conquering Messiah...defeat all the rulers on the earth, who gone against the LORD and his Christ.http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=73&chapter=19&version=31&context=chapter

Levin
Nov 5th 2008, 07:40 AM

Davids throne is not an everlasting throne. Christs throne though is eternal. don't we have a physical throne being ruled on by the Lord and a spiritual throne. Once the earth is destroyed David's throne exists no more. But the Son of David will reign forever.

Let us try to understand the context for this statement, primarily, 2 Samuel 7. These are the words that I AM spoke to David:

Verses 8b-16

'Thus says the LORD of hosts, I took you from the pasture, from following the sheep, that you should be prince over my people Israel. And I have been with you wherever you went and have cut off all your enemies from before you. And I will make for you a great name, like the name of the great ones of the earth, and will plant them, so that they may dwell in their own place. And I will appoint a place for my people Israel and be disturbed no more. And violent men shall afflict them no more, as formerly, from the time that I appointed judges over my people Israel. And I will give you rest from all your enemies. Moreover, the LORD declares to you that the LORD will make you a house. When your days are fulfilled and you lie down with your fathers, I will raise up your offspring after you, who shall come from your body, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build a house for my name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. I will be to him a father, and he shall be to me a son. When he commits iniquity, I will discipline him with the rod of men, with the stripes of the sons of men, but my steadfast love will not depart from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away from before you. And your house and your kingdom shall be made sure forever before me. Your throne shall be established forever.'"

This here is what we call the Davidic Covenant. In it I AM establishes the throne of David forever. When Christ came to the Earth, he came with the hopes of the people that the throne of David would be restored, that a new ruler would come and free the people from the oppression of Rome. When Jesus came, in the line of David, this is exactly why when Jesus came into Jerusalem on a foal (kingly imagery, John 12) the people cried out to him as their king. They expected him to become a mighty warrior, an agent of I AM who would restore the nation to its promised freedom under a Davidic king. What they did not expect was a king who would conquer sin and death, which is exactly what Jesus did on the cross. In this way Jesus is so much greater than the messiah that was expected. Jesus did not establish an Earthly reign at his first advent, but he reigns in the Earth over our hearts as our Davidic king. Eventually when he returns he will reign in a New Jerusalem over a new Earth, and I believe that the physical throne of David will be re-established. Nevertheless, Jesus reigns on the throne of David today, but that looks a little different than it did in David's day.

Hope this helps,
Levin