PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for my son..he has the stomach flu

moonglow
Oct 30th 2008, 01:59 PM
My son, Nate is 12 and is having a pretty rough time right now with the stomach flu. Woke me up many times during the night saying his stomach 'felt weak'...didn't actually throw up until early this morning...I have lost all track of time. The nausea is the worse of course...he really has nothing left in his stomach...poor kid. This last time he got sick to his stomach he broke out in a bad sweat and was very hot but after wards when I took his temp it was normal.

This is going around his school really bad apparently. I had to pick him up early yesterday and while I was waiting in the office a teacher came in..a student had gotten sick in a trash can and another student was about to get sick in it too! The secretary said alot of kids had been getting sick to their stomachs that day. (I am hoping it wasn't the lunch...just seems strange so many getting sick at school like that in one day).

Nate doesn't have school today or tomorrow..out for parent teacher conferences. I had to cancel his...first time we have ever missed one. He is just too sick. He can't stand the nausea and wants me to pray over him every time it hit him...which I am!

Thanks for the prayers on this...

edited: Well now he is burning up....so really has a fever now...but in the bathroom again so I haven't had a chance to take it yet...

God bless

Frances
Oct 30th 2008, 04:39 PM
:pray: for supernaturally rapid Healing . . .

moonglow
Oct 30th 2008, 05:46 PM
:pray: for supernaturally rapid Healing . . .

Thank you Frances...I know you and other have been praying as Nate is doing better...well at least not feeling sick to his stomach. He's been up for about an hour and a half...tired and weak feeling but at least not suffering like he was. He hasn't wanted to even try to eat anything yet...right now I am just having him sip some fluids. Maybe later he can try some soup or jello..at least no fever...just came and went, came and went...really strange. I called the school and found out a number of sixth grader have come down with this yesterday and today too one got sick to his stomach in the hallway on the way to his conference! :( So I guess its going around and not related to any food...

Thanks for the prayers.

God bless

moonglow
Oct 31st 2008, 02:54 PM
Nate is doing much better! Finally ate a little around supper time last night..though this morning I haven't been able to get him to eat yet...he says he isn't hungry..but feels fine...:rolleyes: No fever and he slept through the night ok. His temp went up to over 101 yesterday...hasn't been that high in years! So now its a matter of getting him to eat and handling that ok. Thanks for your prayers.

God bless

Dragonfighter1
Oct 31st 2008, 04:42 PM
My son, Nate is 12 and is having a pretty rough time right now with the stomach flu. Woke me up many times during the night saying his stomach 'felt weak'...didn't actually throw up until early this morning...I have lost all track of time. The nausea is the worse of course...he really has nothing left in his stomach...poor kid. This last time he got sick to his stomach he broke out in a bad sweat and was very hot but after wards when I took his temp it was normal.

This is going around his school really bad apparently. I had to pick him up early yesterday and while I was waiting in the office a teacher came in..a student had gotten sick in a trash can and another student was about to get sick in it too! The secretary said alot of kids had been getting sick to their stomachs that day. (I am hoping it wasn't the lunch...just seems strange so many getting sick at school like that in one day).

Nate doesn't have school today or tomorrow..out for parent teacher conferences. I had to cancel his...first time we have ever missed one. He is just too sick. He can't stand the nausea and wants me to pray over him every time it hit him...which I am!

Thanks for the prayers on this...

edited: Well now he is burning up....so really has a fever now...but in the bathroom again so I haven't had a chance to take it yet...

God bless
SO thats why you werent on the boards so much...

oooo lookeee I have 4 little blue boxes nxt to my rep count! wheeeeee lol

Colo25
Oct 31st 2008, 05:56 PM
Moonglow...glad to hear he is feeling better,and I pray for his continued healing! :pray: How is he today? better I hope!:)
ysic,
Colo

moonglow
Oct 31st 2008, 06:10 PM
Well he was...then started feeling bad again...then I forced him to listen to some Star Trek book on tape for about 45 minutes...:lol::lol:...then he had a bout of diarrhea...but now feels better and just ate some scrambled eggs...:rolleyes:

no fever and I am praying its over now...!!!

And its been so nice outside for the last two days and here we have been coped up inside..:cool:

Thanks for your prayers...

God bless

slightlypuzzled
Oct 31st 2008, 06:39 PM
I am praying he gets to go out tonight....:pray:.....

moonglow
Nov 2nd 2008, 04:03 PM
Please keep praying for my son...he is not doing well with this flu. While he hasn't gotten sick to his stomach anymore, he woke me up alot on Friday night with his stomach bothering him...feeling sick to his stomach and alot of cramping. He didn't eat anything that could have caused this. Yesterday he barely ate much of anything and was very tired, very run down. He would eat just a little and say he was full.

He woke me up once last night with his stomach bothering him again, I gave him some chew up pills to settle it and a little soy milk to drink and he has been able to sleep since then...still sleeping in fact. His face just looks hallow and sunken. He really needs to eat and eat well to get his strength back ...of course it would help if his stomach would stay settled down. I don't know if he will be strong enough or well enough to go to school tomorrow. He had four days off..two off of school last Thursday and Friday and the weekend and has spent the whole time sick and mostly laying in bed which is very unlike him. If he isn't well still by tomorrow I am going to see about getting him into the doctor though when I had this stomach flu and my mom had it, we both struggled with it for a week! Actually my mom's went on over a week...:( I don't know why this stomach flu is so hard to get over...never seen anything like it before.

So please keep praying for him...thanks.

God bless

Dragonfighter1
Nov 2nd 2008, 07:27 PM
Please keep praying for my son...he is not doing well with this flu. While he hasn't gotten sick to his stomach anymore, he woke me up alot on Friday night with his stomach bothering him...feeling sick to his stomach and alot of cramping. He didn't eat anything that could have caused this. Yesterday he barely ate much of anything and was very tired, very run down. He would eat just a little and say he was full.

He woke me up once last night with his stomach bothering him again, I gave him some chew up pills to settle it and a little soy milk to drink and he has been able to sleep since then...still sleeping in fact. His face just looks hallow and sunken. He really needs to eat and eat well to get his strength back ...of course it would help if his stomach would stay settled down. I don't know if he will be strong enough or well enough to go to school tomorrow. He had four days off..two off of school last Thursday and Friday and the weekend and has spent the whole time sick and mostly laying in bed which is very unlike him. If he isn't well still by tomorrow I am going to see about getting him into the doctor though when I had this stomach flu and my mom had it, we both struggled with it for a week! Actually my mom's went on over a week...:( I don't know why this stomach flu is so hard to get over...never seen anything like it before.

So please keep praying for him...thanks.

God bless

Again, My goodness you ARE having a rough week of things.

Sure I'll pray. And wish the best for you too.

(You could show him that really bad picture I posted a few days ago...maybe he'll toss the bug up at the same time...lol)

moonglow
Nov 2nd 2008, 10:50 PM
Again, My goodness you ARE having a rough week of things.

Sure I'll pray. And wish the best for you too.

(You could show him that really bad picture I posted a few days ago...maybe he'll toss the bug up at the same time...lol)

No way...I don't want him sick again!

He is doing a billion times better! :pp He slept half the day...I just let him sleep ..I knew he needed it. He wasn't hungry for several hours but I finally got him to eat some tuna and noodles which he ate well...:) He is feeling well enough that he went to a movie with grandma. She was going to have him stay the night last Thursday and go to to a movie but he got sick the night before so didn't get to go. :(

Now if he can sleep tonight so he can handle going to school tomorrow. With the time change too its going to be like having him go to bed even earlier...don't know if he will be able to sleep or not...hope so. I don't want him starting out tomorrow overly tired when he is just starting to feel better.

Anyway I am just relieved he is going better. Thanks for all your prayers everyone. :)

God bless

Redneck Charger
Nov 3rd 2008, 02:03 PM
Jesus, Please take care of Nate..and his Mom moonglow.. Please Jesus..:pray:

moonglow
Nov 3rd 2008, 02:41 PM
Thanks again. Nate had a much better day yesterday..just at bedtime he complained about his stomach again...feeling sick again. I gave him a couple of chew up pill for that and then he seemed ok. Got him to school and hopefully he will do ok but I did email his teacher to let her know in case his stomach starts bothering him again. I hope not! Now he just needs to start eating better. I think he lost some weight through all of this..

Oh I got all mixed up on the time change when I posted yesterday...ugh..hate time changes. So it was like going to bed an hour later but then getting to sleep an hour later. While I woke up at 5:15...my body thought it was 6:15..:cool: and about time to get up. Takes me a week to adjust. But at least for Nate it was like sleeping in a little longer. He didn't wake me up any during the night with his stomach bothering him so that is good!

God bless