PDA

View Full Version : Christ's doctrine

mizzdy
Oct 30th 2008, 07:08 PM
What exactly is Christ's doctrine? The red letter words in our bibles? what He taught about himself? His authority? 2 John verse 9 says:

'Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.'

Is it dening Christ the son as suggested in 1 John 2:23?

markdrums
Oct 30th 2008, 07:14 PM
What exactly is Christ's doctrine? The red letter words in our bibles? what He taught about himself? His authority? 2 John verse 9 says:

'Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.'

Hank Hanegraaff sums it up well:

When we talk about the essentials of Christianity we're referring to the basic elements that make up and characterize our faith, and which, of course, separate it from other beliefs. Let's survey these doctrines.

First, we believe in the authority of Scripture, which is another way of saying that the Bible is God's inspired, infallible, and inerrant Word. It's the ultimate source for knowledge about God, as well as the definitive guide for our daily lives.

Next we affirm the existence of a triune God or one God in three distinct persons - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. This God is self-existent, eternal, unchanging, omnipotent, omnipresent, holy, righteous, and loving. God created the universe from nothing and He rules over His creation sovereignly including both human and angelic beings.

We also hold that man is a physical and spiritual being who is created in God's image. But because of his sin or transgression, man has lost his fellowship with God. The extent of sin is so great that its effects continue to this very day in the form of cruelty, suffering, and death.

By God's grace, Jesus Christ - Who is fully God and fully man - was sent to save us from our bondage to sin. We believe that Christ was born of a virgin, died for our sins, physically rose from the dead, and will one day return to judge the world and deliver His people. Faith in Christ is the only means by which mankind can escape eternal damnation and judgment.

Finally, we recognize the church as God's ordained institution headed by Christ. The church is composed of all believers, and is organized for worship, for fellowship, for the administration of the sacraments, for spiritual growth and support, and for evangelizing the world.

Dani H
Oct 31st 2008, 03:39 PM
The doctrine of Christ is who He is.

He is the King on the throne of the Kingdom of God. Without Jesus, you will not have the Father.

Jesus was always preaching the Kingdom; its principles and laws, how it works, how its citizens are to act, and how God is all in all.

thepenitent
Oct 31st 2008, 03:47 PM
The word translated "doctrine" can also be translated "teaching" (which some translations do). Thus Christ's doctrine is Christ's teaching. I would take that to mean all the red letter words. The Sermon on the Mount is a great place to start.

MDAVID43
Oct 31st 2008, 03:52 PM
HOLY WRIT

"BY GOD'S LOVE"

"This is to remind you how much God loves you. He gave His Only Begotten Son as a gift of love to us all. Through His gift mercy satisfies justice. We receive God's grace when we are truly repentant, and humble to his will and Holy Spirit, following the example of our Redeemer. Do we show God the same devoted love, trusting His guiding light? All that is necessary is to ask God to guide our life, and He shall send His inner peace to dwell in our heart… thus our sins are washed away by water and spirit, through the grace of God. Except we are born again, we cannot see the Kingdom of God. Except we are born of water and spirit we cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Through the Savior all are resurrected, good and evil, but unless we are born of spirit, justice is satisfied. Our reward is then according to our acts, and mercy cannot satisfy justice. Is it very reasonable if we profess to believe in God, then have not faith and trust in Him to guide our lives? Is our belief positive if we believe, we are born, we live and die, ending our existence, believing there is no God, or we reject His gift of mercy? If we desire to serve God, no longer rebelling against Him, by serving, instead, others or playing god, we must sacrifice all we are and have to Him, with faith and trust He shall provide our needs. The yoke is light. If we take up our cross and follow Christ's humility and service to God's will, we shall inherit the Kingdom of Heaven, Eternal Glory. To put on the spiritual we must take off the carnal self as a snake sheds it's skin. Cannot we become God pleasers instead of people pleasers? The universe is eternal and in it is the eternal positive and negative. Our reward is according to which we follow, tune into or choose. If we do good or evil it returns to us. Should we blame God and Christ for those that profess their names and do not their works? Were we not warned there would be many wolves in sheep's clothing? Deceivers that would deceive even the elect. This is why we need to make direct contact with God, following the Holy Spirit and not the arm of flesh. Then we need not worry about being deceived by men, when we only put our trust in God, and are reborn of spirit. The Christ personified, even laying down His life for the will of God. None come to the Father but through Christ. Please look up and invite God into your heart to dwell eternally with you, giving a place to you in His Kingdom and His peace."

Immanuel

David Taylor
Oct 31st 2008, 04:20 PM

That Jesus is God Almighty, the Saviour and Redeemer, the Great I AM.

Exodus 3:14 "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you."

John 8:58 "Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM. Then took they up stones to cast at him"

John 5:43 "I am come in my Father's name"

John 6:51 Jesus said, "I AM the living bread which came down from heaven"

John 8:12 "Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I AM the light of the world"

John 8:18 "I AM one that bear witness of myself"

John 8:23 "And Jesus said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I AM from above: ye are of this world; I AM not of this world. "

John 10:7 "Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. "

John 10:11 "I AM the good shepherd"

John 11:25 "Jesus said unto her, I AM the resurrection, and the life"

John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I AM the way, the truth, and the life"

Jesus said, "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I AM he, ye shall die in your sins. " John 8:24

Gospel-Witness
Oct 31st 2008, 11:04 PM

The primary doctrine of Christ is the same as when it was stated in the OT many years beforehand....Love God with all your heart, might and soul and love your neighbor as yourself. His primary message was to believe in Him as Lord and Christ. But it all hinged upon love....everything about His dying for us was because of love, and so loving each other in the same way...a complete surrender to the needs of others....this is what He wants from us.

Rick Warren is quoted as having said "God is love and he wants us to grow up to be like him. It's not a matter of how much doctrine you know, it's a matter of how deeply you love." ;)

mizzdy
Nov 2nd 2008, 05:03 PM
The doctrine of Christ is who He is.

That Jesus is God Almighty, the Saviour and Redeemer, the Great I AM.

The primary doctrine of Christ is the same as when it was stated in the OT many years beforehand....Love God with all your heart, might and soul and love your neighbor as yourself. His primary message was to believe in Him as Lord and Christ. But it all hinged upon love....everything about His dying for us was because of love, and so loving each other in the same way...a complete surrender to the needs of others....this is what He wants from us.

Thanks to you all. This is pretty much as I thought and with these three right here to me says so much its about love and what Christ taught about it. I guess everyone here would believe some the crazy things people try to tell ya, glad to know I had this one fairly pinned down.

crossnote
Nov 3rd 2008, 06:37 AM

Christ's doctrine was He was God come in the flesh to give His life as a ransom to save sinners. He foretrold His disciples about His death in Jerusalem and His resurrection after three days. You could say that the four Gospels were Christ in action. The epistles are an explanation of Christ and His teaching.
OF FIRST IMPORTANCE though...
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
(1Co 15:1-4)

9Marksfan
Nov 3rd 2008, 10:58 AM
Rick Warren is quoted as having said "God is love and he wants us to grow up to be like him. It's not a matter of how much doctrine you know, it's a matter of how deeply you love." ;)

But God is a God of truth as well - we will never know what it means to love biblically unless we are firmly grounded in the doctrine of Christ -

And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ. Php 1:9-10 NKJV

Regarding the "doctrine of Christ", remember that "of" frequently means "concerning" - so I reckon it's the WHOLE NT (the Acts being a continuation of what Jesus BEGAN to do - and continued through His Spirit - and the letters all being inspired by His Spirit!).

Kudo Shinichi
Nov 3rd 2008, 03:16 PM
There is an advantage when we grounded ourselves with Christ's doctrines!!!! We can be aware straight away the false doctrine 100%. The :bible: is our mirror to view our sinful state to allow us to pray for repent from our sins, sword in our Armor of GOD to fight against the enemy (Satan).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christ's doctrine was He was God come in the flesh to give His life as a ransom to save sinners. He foretrold His disciples about His death in Jerusalem and His resurrection after three days. You could say that the four Gospels were Christ in action. The epistles are an explanation of Christ and His teaching.
OF FIRST IMPORTANCE though...
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
(1Co 15:1-4)