PDA

View Full Version : Still struggling

Texasgirl2008
Oct 31st 2008, 03:47 PM
Ok ya'll are going to think I need to be heavily medicated or need a therapist. Well I do have a therapist. I am still struggling with all of this. I live in the Dallas area and on the way to work this morning I heard of tiny little earthquakes in the area. We don't have those here. So I am really upset today and I can't concentrate.

Literalist-Luke
Oct 31st 2008, 04:16 PM
Whoa, I saw that on Channel 11's news and was just stunned. You're right we don't get those around here. I live where Haltom City, Watauga, and Fort Worth all touch each other, and we didn't "feel" a thing here.

Jesus said in Matthew 24 there will be "earthquakes in various places" and that these are the beginning of "birth pains". So if the little temblor that DFW had this morning is really a part of that, it just means that we're getting closer to Jesus coming. :) That's the key to having peace about this. You need to focus on Jesus' return, not the Tribulation. The Tribulation is not the end of the world - it's the beginning of the world. Hang in there, Sister.

Texasgirl2008
Oct 31st 2008, 04:22 PM
I am receptionist and I am supposed to be nice to everyone that calls or walks in the door and I am having a tough time with it. I mean I know there have always been earthquakes maybe my ears are just a little more on it because of all I am struggling with. I can't sleep, I barely eat, and I am just a real grouch so please pray for me.

Literalist-Luke
Oct 31st 2008, 04:31 PM
Consider yourself prayed for. :hug:

Joe King
Oct 31st 2008, 04:45 PM
Look up, our redemption is near.

BrckBrln
Oct 31st 2008, 04:49 PM
I'm scared of earthquakes too. I've never felt one though (we've had a few supposedly but I never felt them). I'm praying for you too.

Literalist-Luke
Oct 31st 2008, 04:56 PM
I'm scared of earthquakes too. I've never felt one though (we've had a few supposedly but I never felt them). I'm praying for you too.If I was out your way, I'd be more concerned about hurricanes.

teddyv
Oct 31st 2008, 05:19 PM
Ok ya'll are going to think I need to be heavily medicated or need a therapist. Well I do have a therapist. I am still struggling with all of this. I live in the Dallas area and on the way to work this morning I heard of tiny little earthquakes in the area. We don't have those here. So I am really upset today and I can't concentrate.

Here is a seismic risk map of Texas I found:
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/regional/states/texas/hazards.php

As you can see, Dallas is fairly close to a "moderate" area over in Oklahoma.

I live on the West Coast of BC where we are still awaiting the "Big One" which occur about every 200-300 years.

Dani H
Oct 31st 2008, 05:23 PM
If I was out your way, I'd be more concerned about hurricanes.

We've had our share. I'd much rather deal with a hurricane than an earthquake, though. I'm rather fond of the ground, and not fond of it shaking under me.

BrckBrln
Oct 31st 2008, 05:27 PM
If I was out your way, I'd be more concerned about hurricanes.

Got that right. Thankfully, though, I am upstate. I'm more scared of the tornadoes the storm brings with it.

Saved!
Oct 31st 2008, 09:09 PM
Texasgirl...I just prayed for you.

Everyday I ask God to let me go throughout the day free of fear and full of peace and serenity.

He is very generous with that!

Literalist-Luke
Oct 31st 2008, 09:54 PM
I'm more scared of the tornadoes the storm brings with it.Now that's something that we Texans can definitely relate to. :yes:

Literalist-Luke
Oct 31st 2008, 09:56 PM
Ok ya'll are going to think I need to be heavily medicated or need a therapist. Well I do have a therapist. I am still struggling with all of this. I live in the Dallas area and on the way to work this morning I heard of tiny little earthquakes in the area. We don't have those here. So I am really upset today and I can't concentrate.I don't know if you'll see this before it's time for you to pack up and go home for the weekend, but how did the day go for you?

DIZZY
Nov 2nd 2008, 08:43 PM
I am receptionist and I am supposed to be nice to everyone that calls or walks in the door and I am having a tough time with it. I mean I know there have always been earthquakes maybe my ears are just a little more on it because of all I am struggling with. I can't sleep, I barely eat, and I am just a real grouch so please pray for me.

Hi Texasgirl,
Why are you struggling?
Why can't you sleep or eat properly?
Yes I will pray for you.

If any of these reasons are because of the earthquakes, why is it these earthquakes have put fear into your heart? That's is what it seems like to me and the word of God tells us we do not need to fear.

Kudo Shinichi
Nov 3rd 2008, 12:59 PM
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke%2021&version=31
Luke 21:25"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. 26Men will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken.
Well, don't worry I understand how you feel, did you know Malaysia last time didn't feel any earthquake...after Dec 24 2006, the Tsunami hit one part Penang...we are worried...you all know or not, near my school government flats felt tremor are force to come out from the building...the record of earthquake is getting worse and worse...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Texasgirl2008 (http://bibleforums.org/member.php?u=31780) http://bibleforums.org/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif

Whoa, I saw that on Channel 11's news and was just stunned. You're right we don't get those around here. I live where Haltom City, Watauga, and Fort Worth all touch each other, and we didn't "feel" a thing here.

Jesus said in Matthew 24 there will be "earthquakes in various places" and that these are the beginning of "birth pains". So if the little temblor that DFW had this morning is really a part of that, it just means that we're getting closer to Jesus coming. :) That's the key to having peace about this. You need to focus on Jesus' return, not the Tribulation. The Tribulation is not the end of the world - it's the beginning of the world. Hang in there, Sister.

σяєяυииєя
Nov 7th 2008, 03:37 AM
Hello Texas girl:

there have always been earthquakes maybe my ears are just a little more on it because of all I am struggling with. I can't sleep, I barely eat, and I am just a real grouch so please pray for me.

Well there are good promises in the scriptures, I will quote only one:

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8

God bless you