PDA

View Full Version : antichrist (man of sin, son of perdition, lawless one)

Lou M.
Nov 1st 2008, 07:42 AM
Slynx, Luke, you here?

Literalist-Luke
Nov 1st 2008, 09:00 AM
I'm getting in bed, but post whatcha wanna talk about, and we'll have it tomorrow, er uh, later today. :D

Lou M.
Nov 1st 2008, 09:21 AM
Yeah Luke, you said:

That (the apostacy) will not happen until the Antichrist is already on the scene.

I believe that it may be important to 'iron' this out.

By the words 'on the scene' do you mean when he is 'revealed' or that time before his being revealed when he is unknown.

If I read the Scriptures aright, I think (that means I'm not sure) that it will be the apostacy itself that will bring on the 'man of sin'.

Literalist-Luke
Nov 1st 2008, 01:41 PM
By the words 'on the scene' do you mean when he is 'revealed' or that time before his being revealed when he is unknown.

If I read the Scriptures aright, I think (that means I'm not sure) that it will be the apostacy itself that will bring on the 'man of sin'.I'm saying it could happen after he becomes a prominent world figure, but before he declares himself "god", but it might not be until he declares himself "god" and "proves" it with the miraculous signs we are told about in II Thessalonians 2 and Revelation 13. (The ones in Revelation 13 are performed by his sidekick, the "False Prophet".)

Lou M.
Nov 1st 2008, 11:49 PM
So, I beleive that we're in agreement with that pattern of occurrence given by Jesus and Paul, and held by the early church fathers:

1) The Apostacy
2) Revealing of the 'man of sin'
3) Great Tribulation by the 'man of sin'
4) Jesus coming at the Day of the Lord.

Literalist-Luke
Nov 2nd 2008, 12:02 AM
So, I beleive that we're in agreement with that pattern of occurrence given by Jesus and Paul, and held by the early church fathers:

1) The Apostacy
2) Revealing of the 'man of sin'
3) Great Tribulation by the 'man of sin'
4) Jesus coming at the Day of the Lord.With the possibility of some overlapping between the first two, yes, we're on the same page. :thumbsup: