PDA

View Full Version : Invoking the Deadline

Sherry W
Nov 1st 2008, 05:29 PM
When offering someone a gospel tract, would telling them this is their last chance to get saved give them the sense of urgency?

GitRDunn
Nov 1st 2008, 05:58 PM
When offering someone a gospel tract, would telling them this is their last chance to get saved give them the sense of urgency?
I think there might be a chance that it would with some people, but for many, I think this would serve more to turn them off of faith than on to it. I think the best thing you can do is to talk with them about your faith so they understand it and what it means to you and why it's so important to you and then trust that the Holy Spirit will sway them towards the faith. If you live a life so that they can see God through you, hopefully they will realize that, "Hey, this may not be so bad after all." Now, I'm not saying to never say anything about the fact that those who aren't saved will go to Hell, but just don't tell them so bluntly that "You're going to Hell if you don't repent of your sins," you can do it without so much effrontery.

9Marksfan
Nov 1st 2008, 10:49 PM

You don't know that it's their last chance - and you don't know that it isn't - if you feel led by the Spirit, I think it would be appropriate to say "This COULD be your last chance...." - I think that is biblical - we don't know what a day will bring forth - our lives are but a vapor - now is the acceptable time, now is the day of salvation......

Athanasius
Nov 1st 2008, 10:52 PM
Unless I felt the Spirit telling me to say that, I wouldn't say it.

Literalist-Luke
Nov 1st 2008, 11:54 PM
When offering someone a gospel tract, would telling them this is their last chance to get saved give them the sense of urgency?To me, it would be more likely to simply damage your credibility.