View Full Version : Militants stone to death Somali rape victim, 13

Literalist-Luke
Nov 1st 2008, 07:34 PM
Lovely.

"Stadium packed with 1,000 spectators watched horrific slaying"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27484976/

Bethany67
Nov 1st 2008, 08:10 PM
Vile. That's curious - the BBC reported the same case as a grown woman and that she ASKED for sharia law to be applied:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7694397.stm

It begs all kinds of questions about media sources and who buys which story from which agency written by which local journalist.

σяєяυииєя
Nov 1st 2008, 08:13 PM
This reminds me of the story when the Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery.

And Jesus fogave her, amazing Love.

God bless

Vhayes
Nov 1st 2008, 08:30 PM
The main lesson to take away from this is:
Do NOT mix church and state. It's a bad, bad mixture.

Lamplighter
Nov 1st 2008, 10:01 PM
The main lesson to take away from this is:
Do NOT mix church and state. It's a bad, bad mixture.

If it's mixing a Satanic cult with State(every religion outside of Biblical Christianity), then I agree.

But mixing pure Biblical Christianity with any State, then the blessings of God will be showered on that Christlike Nation.

Any governing outside of Christ will turn out bad.

Saved7
Nov 2nd 2008, 01:06 AM
If it's mixing a Satanic cult with State(every religion outside of Biblical Christianity), then I agree.

But mixing pure Biblical Christianity with any State, then the blessings of God will be showered on that Christlike Nation.

Any governing outside of Christ will turn out bad.

Not necessarily....look at what Rome did to christianity...Namely the RCC and all of it's idolatry, and all the blood of innoncent christians shed by other "so-called" christians.

Lamplighter
Nov 2nd 2008, 01:51 AM
Not necessarily....look at what Rome did to christianity...Namely the RCC and all of it's idolatry, and all the blood of innoncent christians shed by other "so-called" christians.

I said governing "outside" of Christ, and genocide is outside of Christ.

If I tell somebody I am a Christian King, and then I murder innocent citizens, am I a Christian King? No.

Just because somebody does something under the guise of Christ(like priests molesting altar boys) does not mean they are in Christ.

When Christ mixes church with state in New Jerusalem, is this going to be a bad government? Is Christ going to be a bad ruler for mixing church with state? He's going to do it.

Vhayes
Nov 2nd 2008, 01:57 AM

If I tell somebody I am a Christian King, and then I murder innocent citizens, am I a Christian King? No.

Just because somebody does something under the guise of Christ(like priests molesting altar boys) does not mean they are in Christ.

When Christ mixes church with state in New Jerusalem, is this going to be a bad government? Is Christ going to be a bad ruler for mixing church with state? He's going to do it.
Of course it won't be a bad thing - but that's Christ and not a mere man.

I personally have NO desire to live under the authority of a man who says he "knows" how we should live and would then enforce it by law. No thanks - that's been tried and it never ends up well.

Lamplighter
Nov 2nd 2008, 02:08 AM
Of course it won't be a bad thing - but that's Christ and not a mere man.

I personally have NO desire to live under the authority of a man who says he "knows" how we should live and would then enforce it by law. No thanks - that's been tried and it never ends up well.

Well this is because no one man can rule an entire nation of people fairly, save for Christ himself . This is why dictatorships have never worked throughout history, no matter the dictator's religion.

But when an entire nation of people agree to live under the laws of Christ and his commandments, and the people's governmental elected officials are Christian men and women who practice what they preach, then the blending of Church and State works perfectly.

The USA's governmental system works perfectly, if the people of the nation, and their elected governmental reps were living the daily Christian lifestyle. Sadly, this is not the case.

Saved7
Nov 2nd 2008, 02:13 AM

Gee, I apologize, I somehow misunderstood that was what you were saying when you said "pure biblical christianity". Somehow I interpretted that as meaning man running the show under the guise of "pure biblical christianity". I didn't realize you meant Christ HIMSELF running the show.:rolleyes:

I guess next time you ought to make that point much clearer, since no matter how "purely biblical" we might think we are man will still fail in leadership. It must be said that it must be CHRIST HIMSELF as the leader of all man kind and govts.

Lamplighter
Nov 2nd 2008, 02:28 AM
Gee, I apologize, I somehow misunderstood that was what you were saying when you said "pure biblical christianity". Somehow I interpretted that as meaning man running the show under the guise of "pure biblical christianity". I didn't realize you meant Christ HIMSELF running the show.:rolleyes:

I guess next time you ought to make that point much clearer, since no matter how "purely biblical" we might think we are man will still fail in leadership. It must be said that it must be CHRIST HIMSELF as the leader of all man kind and govts.

And you have still ignored my original post you quoted. No need for the eyerolls, since you are ignoring my "governing outside of Christ will turn out bad" original post. You should rolleyes at yourself my friend.;)