PDA

View Full Version : Please pray I get this part time job!

moonglow
Nov 2nd 2008, 12:33 AM
It sure would be a load off my shoulders if I get it. Its cooking healthy suppers on weekends for a disabled lady. I interviewed for it late this afternoon. She has CP and is nonverbal and her parents run a natural food store so would like for her to have all natural meals at least once a day. Another lady cooks her suppers during the week. Weekend would be better for me anyway as I want to be home during the week with Nate..cook supper, help with homework and so forth. I have worked with handicapped individuals like her before so that is a plus. The bad thing is I have little in the way of past work references for them to call because I haven't worked in 12 plus years since Nate was born. Its made it very difficult to even get a part time job because of this. :( I have been trying since last spring. Its very discouraging to have interviews then keep getting turned down. Several others had interviewed for this job too...and probably have better reference then I do...but on the plus side I know some of the other clients there as I worked with them years ago so I am hoping this ladies mom can speak to their parents about me and hopefully they remember me and give me a good reference.

I am disabled myself (back problems and other things) and cannot work full time...but really need the money..especially with Nate's birthday and other holidays coming up..plus the rise in regular bills....:cool:

Of course I want to be in God's will on this...so please pray..if its in His will...I will get this job.

God bless

Literalist-Luke
Nov 2nd 2008, 01:06 AM
Consider yourself prayed for. :thumbsup:

CoffeeCat
Nov 2nd 2008, 01:12 AM
Praying for you and Nate, for your job situation and for THIS job specifically... and for God's will to always be done in your life. :hug:

σяєяυииєя
Nov 2nd 2008, 01:32 AM
I will Moonglow,

Take heart, for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

God bless you

Vhayes
Nov 2nd 2008, 01:53 AM
Praying for you, Moonglow. This job sounds ideal for your needs.

V

beckisted2004
Nov 2nd 2008, 02:31 AM
Praying for you, Moonglow. This job sounds ideal for your needs.

I agree! This sounds like a great opportunity! Praying for you :pray:

Indueseason
Nov 2nd 2008, 02:41 AM
I will join in the prayers for you Moonglow :pray:

Roelof
Nov 2nd 2008, 04:54 AM
moonglow

I pray that it is in God's will that you get this job :pray:

IMINXTC
Nov 2nd 2008, 02:52 PM
Praying about this part-time job for you, and for your family and expenses.

catlover
Nov 2nd 2008, 03:04 PM
Moonglow, I am particularly sensitive to people looking for jobs as I am in the same boat. I will remember you in prayer. And be sure and post if you get it.

moonglow
Nov 2nd 2008, 03:09 PM
Moonglow, I am particularly sensitive to people looking for jobs as I am in the same boat. I will remember you in prayer. And be sure and post if you get it.

I will...thank you all. :)

I would have to learn to cook a little differently as they are all natural...no canned stuff at all...even spices have to be bought whole...like no onion salt...the actually onion cut up. Things like that...but that is ok as Nate is tried of me cooking the 'same old things' all the time anyway...:lol:

God bless

Vhayes
Nov 2nd 2008, 03:15 PM
I will...thank you all. :)

I would have to learn to cook a little differently as they are all natural...no canned stuff at all...even spices have to be bought whole...like no onion salt...the actually onion cut up. Things like that...but that is ok as Nate is tried of me cooking the 'same old things' all the time anyway...:lol:

God bless
Cooking is a great adventure! I think you will find it to be fun. I'm an omnivore (I eat EVERYTHING) but I seldom use cans or pre-made things. It's the only part of my life that I am "creative" in - all the rest of my life is "nuts and bolts". I know how to get things done and I do them. Cooking is like my daily mini-vacation where I can play.

Frances
Nov 2nd 2008, 05:48 PM
:pray:............................................ .