PDA

View Full Version : Since mum died.

Rocking horse
Nov 2nd 2008, 03:51 AM
This is really weird and I don't know what...if anything...to do about it. Mum died 3 months ago and of course I'm devastated. I have several pictures of her around the house, but for some "odd reason" when I'm here in my little office..which is actually where I do my ironing and is generally a kind of junk room....but when I'm here on the computer, maybe playing games or whatever, I just seem to cry a lot about mum. She never came here more than about once in her life, there's nothing special about this room....but my grief about her really seems to pour out here almost more than anywhere else, and it's kind of strange.

Any thoughts..................

Vhayes
Nov 2nd 2008, 03:58 AM
Hi Rocking Horse -

I don't think it's strange at all. You said it's your room, your office; the place where you relax and do "mindless" chores such as ironing. It's a room where you are free to be you. You are less vulnerable when you are there and are able to let your guard down.

Grieve in your own time and place and in your own way. Don't feel its "odd" because it isn't. It's just uniquely YOU.

Hugs to you -
V

steelerbabe
Nov 3rd 2008, 12:40 AM
Vhayes - what a beautiful response:hug: Grief comes in waves and sometimes when you least expect it. You are still early on in the grief process. Allow yourself time and space to grieve. My mom died almost 25 years ago and I still shed tears from time to time. God will give you strength and courage to face what lies ahead. We are here for you.:kiss:

Rocking horse
Nov 3rd 2008, 01:25 AM
Thank you friends for your care and response. Yesterday was a shocking day for me, everything seemed to just implode on me. Not only was I missing mum, my pet rat has been sick, I have a very nasty couple of tests at hospital to endure, and 2 weeks after that I have to decide if I need an operation due to bad reflux, also last week my 35 yr old son told me he didn't want me in his life anymore.....I'm just generally having a self pity party, and it was a terrible day.

Today is starting out better.....thank you both. xxxx

steelerbabe
Nov 3rd 2008, 02:54 AM
I am so sorry to hear about everything that you have been going through:kiss: PLeae know that I will be lifting you in my daily prayers.:pray: Feel free to pm me if you want to talk, vent or just scream. I know what you are goign through and I care.

Ashley274
Nov 3rd 2008, 06:36 AM
:cry: I am sorry on all your issues and am praying

Redneck Charger
Nov 3rd 2008, 01:51 PM
Jesus, Please Help Rocking horse come over their grieving.. Please Jesus help..:pray: