PDA

View Full Version : Study Bible or Reference/Text Bible during Sunday services?

Tbone
Nov 2nd 2008, 04:46 PM
This may seem like a very silly question, but please bear with me.

Which type of Bible do you prefer to use during worship services, a Study Bible with study notes or a Reference/Text Bible with no study notes?

I can see the advantage of having the study notes on Scripture passages, but I can also see the disadvantages too. Would we pay more attention to the study notes than what our Pastor's message is?

Are we better off just using a plain reference Bible or a Text Bible so we follow the Scripture reading?

Your thoughts and opinions please.

Richard H
Nov 7th 2008, 08:47 AM
Hi Tbone, :)
I vote for a text Bible, and maybe a notepad.
In church listen to the message and follow along.
Later, you can use a study Bible to followup.

Richard

thepenitent
Nov 7th 2008, 11:52 PM
This may seem like a very silly question, but please bear with me.

Which type of Bible do you prefer to use during worship services, a Study Bible with study notes or a Reference/Text Bible with no study notes?

I can see the advantage of having the study notes on Scripture passages, but I can also see the disadvantages too. Would we pay more attention to the study notes than what our Pastor's message is?

Are we better off just using a plain reference Bible or a Text Bible so we follow the Scripture reading?

Your thoughts and opinions please.

Text Bible, no doubt. Preferably one with giant print. These eyes aren't as sharp as they used to be and because of the extra material the text in study bibles is generally pretty small.

Rosalyn
Jan 12th 2011, 04:14 PM
Reference Bible with Text only. I am easily distracted by study material which is why I go home and read what I have written down. I also do the same thing for Bible Study. If I have done my study right I wont need the reference points in my study bible

glazer1972
Apr 21st 2011, 07:20 PM
I use the study bible everywhere because I have used it so much that I know where most of the books are without too much flipping. I carry the thin reference edition and have to really figure out where I need to be.

keck553
Apr 21st 2011, 08:08 PM
I take notes and do my Bible study later.