PDA

View Full Version : Please Pray for my Spouse

thekels9
Nov 2nd 2008, 08:49 PM
Hello everyone. I am quite new here, and wasn't quite sure about when or where to post this. But, I know you can't go wrong in asking for prayer for this, since it is the one thing I know can work!

As of November 7th, I will have been separated from my spouse now for 4 months. I left our home on account of some things that were going on in his lifestyle that I discovered. I believe I sinned in that though, for I never consulted God in my departure, I just fled. But I have sought forgiveness for that from God. For nearly 2 weeks, I entertained the ideas of divorce. Imagining how great life would be on the other side of divorce. And then...even those thoughts became empty to me as I came to my senses and knew there was no peace in my thoughts of divorce. I had never believed in divorce before, and now I saw myself so casually accepting it. July 21st, I began standing for my marriage.

There have been many hard times. But there have been many GREAT times as well. My walk with the Lord is something that I never imagined it could be. I have prayed that God's will be done if I got divorce papers - and when they came, there were errors that made the papers null and void. When I had had many chances to get my husband's new phone number from other people - it was as if God whispered to me "no, he will contact you one day, and I want it to be a complete surprise." A month ago I received my first text messages from him since I left. My husband is in the Army, and is readying for deployment, and I prayed that God would allow me to see him before he left. I saw him a few weeks ago, even if it was for just a few minutes (I joked later with my friends that I should have prayed for a hug from him as well!) One day we were texting, and began talking about our marriage. I told him that we had a lot of potential in our marriage - to which he asked if I ever signed the divorce papers - and when I said no, I hadn't - he said "then there is still potential."

So now to my prayer request. Like I stated, he is about to deploy. Actually he will be gone before the new year. About 2 weeks ago, he suddenly got very angry with me over things that I had nothing to do with, and nothing I had control over (I believe it was Satan taking another stab at our marriage). I have no idea if another set of divorce papers will come before he leaves or not. I have prayed and asked that if it's God's will for me to not be in this marriage any longer, that the papers would come, and I would take that out and sign the papers. But if God's will is still for reconciliation, that the papers would not come. Which my utter cry to God has been still for there to be no papers. Please pray for God's will to be done.

At the same time, if the papers do not get here, I will be the wife of a deployed soldier, and that is emotional as well. I will not see him for the next year, and I have no idea if he would try and communicate at all with me.

But my main request is that you pray for my beloved. The person that he is right now is a very ugly person. I know that he has developed a dependency to alcohol since I left, and I am worried about him having to sober up while deployed. I'm also worried about him getting alcohol sent to him from the outside -which is sadly possible. I am of course worried about his well being while gone. But mostly I am concerned for his spiritual self. My husband is a Christian, but he is not living it currently. I pray that he would turn back to the Lord. Please do the same.

I am not looking for anyone's advice to divorce my husband, so please do not offer it. I believe God heal's hurting marriages, and I have faith in God doing the impossible. Until the Lord show's me otherwise for my marriage, I will believe in the impossible!

σяєяυииєя
Nov 2nd 2008, 09:50 PM
I will pray thekels9,

Jesus said: Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30.

God bless you

Ashley274
Nov 3rd 2008, 06:33 AM
Praying for you and your husband :pray::pray:

Redneck Charger
Nov 3rd 2008, 01:56 PM
Praying for you thekels9:pray:

IMINXTC
Nov 3rd 2008, 03:22 PM
Praying for our Lord's intervention into this marriage. Praying for healing and restoration.

thekels9
Nov 4th 2008, 01:49 AM
Thank you all. I know God is at work, and everyday that I don't receive a new set of divorce papers is an answer to prayer!

karenoka27
Nov 4th 2008, 12:54 PM
Your post ministered to me, thank you.:hug:

Father, You alone can do what we don't have the power or strength to do. You can loosen what Satan binds. Lord, I ask that You soften the hearts of this couple to see just how precious they are to each other. Lord give them a new life in this marriage.
Lord, please don't let her husband be tangled in alcohol. I know very well how ugly it is. Please free him from this trap that Satan uses to distort thoughts and actions.
Lord Heal this marriage and may they use what You will do as a great testimony for Your Honor and Glory.
In Jesus Name amen

thekels9
Nov 4th 2008, 10:27 PM
Thank you! Your prayer brought tears to my eyes!

concept2
Nov 6th 2008, 11:37 PM
Lord, I pray that you help her husband see the errors of his ways. That you change his heart and help him on his journey back home.

Sometimes the things that are right under our noses are the hardest to see and change about ourselves. I know this quiet well.

Lord, I pray that you enlighten her with the the knowledge she seeks. Help her with her journey back home as well. Sometimes all our love ones really need is for us to sit by their side and say "when you ready to talk, ill be right here".

amen.

Frances
Nov 7th 2008, 05:50 PM
That you and your husband both accept the Lord's decision regarding your marriage.