PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for me.. Going Through divorce.

dasaraxis
Nov 3rd 2008, 08:31 PM
My name is J. I am 35 and no kids.

I have been going through this since May of this year. We were married 6 years. I did not want the divorce but it is final this month. She did however want the divorce. I am beyond fault finding. He said/she said. I share the blame in this divorce as much as she does. Like I quit going to church with her. I felt it was wrong to go to church and watch her be this other person and then come home cussing me out over little things. I quit going places with her. I never went to the store anymore with her. I just detached at some point from her. I kept all the bills paid. She worked but never helped. I tried to give her the world.
Her moods go from high happy to quick and snappy anger. I became depressed and just tried to stay out of her way.

I never cheated, drank, drugs anything of that sort. She was very hard to live with but I loved her.

I am at the point of acceptance and belong to a good group. However, I need prayer. I ask you to pray God will give me peace of mind. Peace within my soul. Our marriage has left me scrambling to get the finances back in order, life back in order, and it has been so hard.

I just ask you pray God will give me a good life again. Peace within myself. It has been a bad affliction this divorce. I have really been fighting giving up on myself.

Pray the Lord will see that I am truly humbled by this. Full of sorrow. Full of defeat inside. But Itry to maintain composure through it all.

Pray God will forgive me for my wrongs in this. I am so ashamed of divorce. Pray he will map out a new life for me. Where to live? Go back to school? Pursue this other career so many say I should do.

My house went up for sale yesterday. I need direction and purpose again. This time pray God will show me that purpose.

Thanks for listening.

IMINXTC
Nov 3rd 2008, 09:17 PM
Praying for you in this difficult and disappointing divorce.

thekels9
Nov 4th 2008, 01:45 AM
I understand your pain. God hates divorce, but he does not hate those that are divorced I do not believe. And I think the reason he so strongly hates divorce is because there is not quite any sort of pain on this earth that is as deep as divorce.

I will be praying that God's will be done.

karenoka27
Nov 4th 2008, 12:59 PM
Father, I bring this man before You that is filled with pain and hurt by this divorce. Lord I think of Your Word and pray that all of these things He will see are true in his life:
Psalm 34-
1I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
2My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.
3O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.
4I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
5They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed.
6This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.
7The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.
8O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
9O fear the LORD, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him.
10The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing.
11Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD.
12What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good?
13Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.
14Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.
15The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.
16The face of the LORD is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.
17The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
18The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
19Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.
20He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken.
21Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate.
22The LORD redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate."
In Jesus Name, amen

Frances
Nov 4th 2008, 07:32 PM
:pray: that you will accept the Peace the Lord offers, and stop feeling that you should be punished/humbled in some way before receiving His Forgiveness . . . .

dasaraxis
Nov 8th 2008, 10:31 PM
Thank You so much! I realize there is no need for punishment towards me and thank you for reminding me of that Frances. I need to look at it that way. My ex has expressed friendship but treats me like a stranger. I accept it ok.

New prayer I hhave is we did get an offer on the house and we counter offered today. If it works out I have a few weeks to get my grandmother a place to live. She moved in with us 5 years ago. There are some apartments available for the elderly and all we need to do is get her out there to look at them and ffill out the application. Her sister lives there and has no doubt she would be able to get a place.

I am stressed about all of it. The house sell, grandmother moving, getting back on my feet, debts and I could go on. I just need much help.

Please pray for me.:D

Redneck Charger
Nov 9th 2008, 03:09 PM
Jesus, Please keep a eye on J..and help him and his wife through these differcult times.. Please Jesus..:pray:

jsph110
Nov 10th 2008, 02:14 AM
I ask that The Lord will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go, as He he promised King David. ; in Jesus' name i pray. May He also give both of you grace and wisdom at this period. ty Jesus; amen.

livingwaters
Nov 10th 2008, 04:10 AM
J, if you have already confessed your wrongs to the Lord, you are forgiven. That's the most important thing. But, :pray::pray:I offer up my prayers for you in this emotional time. It's very hard!!! I've been divorced twice. This was before I was saved. That's not surprising, right???!!!! However, these things do happen, even after we are saved. Our Father knows our hearts!!!! The Lord has a way of giving us the time we need to seek HIS face..Amen. Use this time on your hands to praise and thank HIM for loving and choosing you, first!!!! Seek HIS wisdom, and HE will give it to you liberally.....HE said it, not me...Stay active in church, read the Word, and just talk to our Heavenly Father, who loves us soooooooooooo much!!! I do wish the best for you...HIS will is always the best. What the devil sends for evil, God can turn for good......Alleluia....Alleluia....thank you, Father God.:hug:

God Bless:)