PDA

View Full Version : Prayer for my marriage

MissTissa77
Nov 3rd 2008, 11:09 PM
My husband and I need prayer for our marriage. I will try to keep this short and not overload with info.
DH and I have been married for 5 years. He is in the Army and we are nearing the end of his second deployment to Iraq. We were handling things much better this time than last and I was very proud of how well we were doing. Then he came home on leave and he was somewhat distant but we were planning on our future. We talked about buying a house the kids schooling, and other items for the future. He said he just felt so overwhelmed by dealing with so many people in town and at the airport.
He went back to Iraq and we got into a really stupid fight and he decided he wants a divorce. The reasons for this were a bedroom issue but also disciplining our children and him feeling like he doesn't have enough say or control over the household. Then very recently he has said he no longer loves me....The one problem we've never had was loving each other.
He is saying that he is "saving" the children and me from dealing with this marriage anymore. Of course we have had problems, all marriages do from time to time but we always worked things out. He is saying that he has felt this way for a long time but didn't say anything. My point in saying all of this is that he is making no sense and does not at all sound like my husband. My husband took his marriage vows very seriously and swore to me we would never get a divorce. We have 2 children together and then we each have custody of children from our previous marriage (this is both of ours second marriage). The total number of children is 6 in our house.
These are the things I would like to have prayed for please (not listed in order of priority):
1. Protection for our children from divorce. I don't want the older children experiencing another divorce, EVER! And I don't want the youngest 2 to ever know the pain it causes.
2. I want God to bring us together again so that we will be the husband and wife he wants us to be.
3. For DH to return to God. He is running from God right now and wants nothing to do with him. He is even refusing to pray for a possible solution other than divorce. I want him to have an up close experience with God that he will KNOW what he needs to do.
4. Protection for DH in Iraq and from influences not of God. That he will not be deceived into believing anything he sees or hears that is not of God.
5. For me. For me to be the woman, wife, and mother that God wants me to be. For me to be patient and listen to God for what to say and when in response to DH's actions. For me to continue having peace and know that God is on this!
I know God is working on this situation, I can feel him working on me!
Thank you for your prayers. I look forward to sharing the good news of God repairing my family!:pray:

thekels9
Nov 4th 2008, 01:48 AM
God bless you!! I am an Army wife too, going through just about the same thing, except we do not have children. I would love to talk to you more about this.....

MissTissa77
Nov 4th 2008, 02:13 AM
You are in Texas too? I welcome a conversation w/ another wife!

thekels9
Nov 4th 2008, 02:38 AM
I have been standing for my marriage since July 21st (we separated on the 7th of that month).

Are you by chance living at an Army base??

MissTissa77
Nov 4th 2008, 02:55 AM
DH left to go back to Iraq 27 August and on 12 Sept he told me he wanted a divorce...8 days before our 5th anniversary.
Yes, I do live on post, do you?

thekels9
Nov 4th 2008, 03:06 AM
No....I was living off post with my husband until we separated. I would love to ask you what base you are at...but I don't know if we're allowed to....

Umm. Do you live about an hour away from Austin by chance? Near Waco....rather LARGE Army base.

thekels9
Nov 4th 2008, 03:07 AM
If you have a myspace.....my page is just like my name on here...I'd love for you to add me so we could chat and encourage one another.

MissTissa77
Nov 4th 2008, 03:09 AM
Lol...good question. Today is my first day here...I don't even know if there is a way to send private messages but...I am at that base.

karenoka27
Nov 4th 2008, 12:49 PM
Father, I bring this marriage before You. The world is becoming divided, America is divided, families are divided and marriages are divided. Lord please don't let this marriage fall apart. We don't belong to the world. We belong to You. Please bring a great healing between them and let their past be a testimony to all that You can do. May they have the opportunity to be a witness to the children and to other Christians in all that You can do!
Thank You, In Jesus Name...Amen

MissTissa77
Nov 4th 2008, 02:44 PM
Amen and thank you!

militarywife
Nov 4th 2008, 03:02 PM
:hug: I too am a military wife. I will keep you in prayer for sure. :hug: