PDA

View Full Version : The New Testament Canon

PetriFB
Nov 3rd 2008, 11:30 PM
http://koti.phnet.fi/petripaavola/NewTestamentCanon.html

How and in what way happened the birth of the New Testament and the Canon? There are various teaching and comprehension about it. The birth of the Canon is very interesting and also very often understood insufficiently. I bring forth issues which show that common teaching for the birth of New Testament is an erroneous conclusion. I challenge you to read and look over this writing very carefully, because it can lead you from the tradition to the truth. The Bible says that prove (test) all things, hold fast that which is good. Test this writing with the Bible and hold fast to the good and reject that which is not Biblical.

Tanya~
Nov 5th 2008, 07:48 PM
Hi Petri,

Just an FYI, this is being moved to Bible Chat because of the potential for debate on the issue.

Emanate
Nov 5th 2008, 08:06 PM
Hi Petri,

Just an FYI, this is being moved to Bible Chat because of the potential for debate on the issue.

we never debate here

Scruffy Kid
Nov 5th 2008, 08:47 PM
How and in what way happened the birth of the New Testament and the Canon? ... For those who want to know more about this matter, I'd recommend the discussion in Bruce Metzger's (2003) book The New Testament: Its Background, Growth and Content. (Third Edition) Metzger was a leading Bible scholar and translator -- general editor of both the RSV and NRSV -- and a faithful Christian. His book is very readable and clear, completely grounded in research and scholarly knowledge, and answers most questions people have about the canon and teaching of the New Testament, in a faithful Christian and scholarly way. It both allows us to inform ourselves, and to find answers to various questions non-Christians raise. Reading this book encouraged me in the faith, as well!