PDA

View Full Version : Pray for Traveling, and for testimony at reunion

Veretax
Nov 3rd 2008, 11:43 PM
My wife, and son are travelling to a family reunion this weekend. At this reunion I know I have many relatives who are doubtless unsaved. Many of them are Catholics, and while I believe some have faith, it is always difficult to know who is and who is not when you are not around them often enough to see fruit. Not all of the family is that way though, some may not attend any church, some may attend other denominations, but since deciding to go this year, I've felt this pit in my gut like the Lord may want me to say something at some point to someone. I have no idea if I'm just being apprehensive about the trip in general (we are traveling a route we've never taken before, but its the most direct route), or if the Lord is merely wanting me to be ready.

In the Past discussions of theology among other things have come up in discussions among my aunts and uncles. Now it might be more interesting as many of my cousins are now adults with multiple children of their own. Please pray that we arrive and return safelty from our destination and that the Lord would help me to only speak things which would draw people to him, or be an encouragment to others in my family who are saved.

karenoka27
Nov 4th 2008, 01:02 PM
Father go before this family as they travel to and back to this revival. Lord I ask Your blessings on this family as they spend time with family. Father prepare the hearts of those that will be there that they might see in this family something different than the rest. May they come to them and ask them questions as to what makes them different. Lord it is their desire and they are willing to share Your Name with the lost. Open doors that will give them opportunity to do so. Lord I pray that on their drive home their hearts are filled with praises for all that You have done!
In Jesus Name, amen

Veretax
Nov 12th 2008, 02:58 PM
Praise the Lord we made it up and back safely. The trip itself was mostly uneventfull. I did get the opportunity to speak some with two of my uncles, but once the bulk of the family was there, oddly, nothing I had been worried about really came up. They were too focused on College Football, and even then it was really too loud to really have a meaningful discussion about scripture. Still, I think things went off far better than I would have believed possible, so perhaps the Hand of God was there. (also found out that a few of my aunts are not actually Catholic, although their husbands may be. which was interesting.) Thanks for the Prayers, we greatly appreciated them.

karenoka27
Nov 12th 2008, 03:26 PM
Father, thank You for the safety You provided for this family. Lord there are times when we can't see how you use us a testimony to who You are. I pray that loved ones saw a difference in this family, something to be desired even though they didn't speak of it in words.
Father it is You will that none should perish and I pray that You would continue to work in the hearts of those they visited.
In Jesus Name, amen