PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Demonic Road blocks

Dezzy
Nov 4th 2008, 01:17 AM
Hello,

A few months ago I joined a small bible study group that meets on Thursday nights. I have noticed that almost every thursday I end up working late (with my line of work I cannot leave early) and cannot make it to my Bible group. I also notice that I get out of work earlier and would be able to make it to the bible study if it was on any other day.

I was talking to a friend of mine in the bible study group and I mentioned that it was strange that I only tend to work late on thursdays and he replied that it was perhaps a sign from God that this is not the time for me to be in a bible study group. I then replied that I thought it was something more than that and it could possibly be Satan setting up road blocks in my life that was preventing me to go to Thursdays bible study.

After saying this he got somewhat defensive / shocked and said he didn't believe that God would allow Satan to put up these types of road blocks since God wants us to build a strong realationship with him. He also suggested agian that joining the bible study group may not have been in Gods plan for my life and he would understand completley if I decided not to attend bible study anymore.

After getting off the phone with him I felt embarrased and felt I should not have opened up this way with him even though we have always had a strong friendship.

My question is, would God allow Satan to put up these road blocks or am I just over analyzing the whole thing?

Thanks!

markdrums
Nov 4th 2008, 02:06 AM
Hello,

A few months ago I joined a small bible study group that meets on Thursday nights. I have noticed that almost every thursday I end up working late (with my line of work I cannot leave early) and cannot make it to my Bible group. I also notice that I get out of work earlier and would be able to make it to the bible study if it was on any other day.

I was talking to a friend of mine in the bible study group and I mentioned that it was strange that I only tend to work late on thursdays and he replied that it was perhaps a sign from God that this is not the time for me to be in a bible study group. I then replied that I thought it was something more than that and it could possibly be Satan setting up road blocks in my life that was preventing me to go to Thursdays bible study.

After saying this he got somewhat defensive / shocked and said he didn't believe that God would allow Satan to put up these types of road blocks since God wants us to build a strong realationship with him. He also suggested agian that joining the bible study group may not have been in Gods plan for my life and he would understand completley if I decided not to attend bible study anymore.

After getting off the phone with him I felt embarrased and felt I should not have opened up this way with him even though we have always had a strong friendship.

My question is, would God allow Satan to put up these road blocks or am I just over analyzing the whole thing?

Thanks!

I can't speak for God... because I have no idea what his plan is...
But my feelings are; you're just over-analyzing.

Bible studies don't have to be on one particular night.
If you TRULY want to find a good study group, there will be more of them, and on a night that works out.
;)

cwb
Nov 4th 2008, 02:29 AM
Hello,

Thanks!

The enemy can and does try to hinder us. He hindered the apostle Paul and even Gabriel. He might hinder us at times but he can't stop us unless we quit. I would pray to God to work it out that you get off work early that night or to work something else out. Anyways God can make a way when there is no way.

MissTissa77
Nov 4th 2008, 02:30 AM
I have had a similar experience. My church has a service on Wed. nights and I was finding it terribly hard to get going and getting the kids going in time to get to service. Yet, when I went I felt good...great actually! I felt like it was better that I went but when I didn't go, I would feel angry and disappointed that I didn't go.
I don't believe that God didn't want me to go to church...especially given the difference in my feeling of going vs not going. I believe that Satan was trying to put road blocks to prevent me from building the relationships that have been so helpful in growing closer to God again.
We could both be over analyzing things I suppose but I do agree that perhaps you could find another bible study that meets on a different day. Also, I would suggest praying on it. If by some chance, God doesn't want you there, ask him to tell you where He wants you to go to grow spiritually.
I hope you get it all figured out.

Lamplighter
Nov 4th 2008, 02:39 AM
I can't speak for God... because I have no idea what his plan is...
But my feelings are; you're just over-analyzing.

;)

Same here. It's over-analyzing due to sensationalism.

Satan doesn't have the power to cause you to work late on any given night.

Kudo Shinichi
Nov 4th 2008, 07:29 AM
Why don't pray to GOD to help you get a solution to your problem or you need to plan to prevent each Thursday from being late. :idea:

Emanate
Nov 4th 2008, 05:01 PM
Here is a crazy thought: Suggest that the Bible Study be moved to another night.

threebigrocks
Nov 4th 2008, 07:02 PM
Here is a crazy thought: Suggest that the Bible Study be moved to another night.

That was my thought too. :rolleyes: Could be that you will have to find, or even begin your own, group that can meet at a time that works for most of the people all of the time. Can't please them all, all of the time!

markedward
Nov 4th 2008, 09:56 PM
Are you sure it's not just... you? Being busy?

People are so quick to place the blame on someone else (re: Genesis 3) for their own actions. This could easily just be something you are doing, whether intentional or not, that makes you late, rather than Satan (who I'd would be inclined to say is omnipresent due to how many Christians claim he is personally out to get them...).

chad
Nov 5th 2008, 08:25 AM
There are practicle ways around not being able to attend a weekly bible study becuase of work commitments.

Have you ever thought about studying the bible verses you are interested, then sharing the topic and any questions you had on the Internet.

For example, you could post the verses you are studying and your questions on a Forum (like this one), then people could help you out, give different opinions, help out with difficult scriptures etc... then you could log on at any time and read the answers in your free time.

Could that count as a bible study?

God Bless

Chad. :rolleyes:

titleist
Nov 5th 2008, 08:54 PM
It is not at all inconceivable that God would allow satan to put up roadblocks to test you.

jamesblack
Nov 6th 2008, 05:35 AM
find another bible study group on a day that you can make it. have you tryed that?