PDA

View Full Version : Odd problem

CupOfMilk
Nov 5th 2008, 05:33 AM
My friend was using an unregisterd version of hypercam witch illegal and is kind of like stealing the problem is i need to watch the video to get stats of the game he recording on this sports game we play. Would i be doing anything wrong by watching the video?

Bethany67
Nov 5th 2008, 05:58 AM
I guess the issue is: what's more important, enabling the continuation of a game (which is only a game) or upholding God's standard that theft is wrong? Can you not Google the results and get them some other way?

graceforme
Nov 5th 2008, 08:39 PM
My friend was using an unregisterd version of hypercam witch illegal and is kind of like stealing the problem is i need to watch the video to get stats of the game he recording on this sports game we play. Would i be doing anything wrong by watching the video?

Well, I'm going to allow my ignorance to shine here. What is hypercam witch? Is it a game or what?

markedward
Nov 6th 2008, 12:02 AM
It was a misspelled word. Try this:

My friend was using an unregistered version of HyperCam, which is illegal and is kind of like stealing. The problem is I need to watch the video to get the stats of the game he recorded on this sports game we play. Would I be doing anything wrong by watching the video?

His friend is using an "unregistered version" of a program that was used to record a sports game. He wants to know if it is wrong to watch the video on this "unregistered" program.

I have a question: When you say "unregistered version" do you mean it was pirated from the internet? Because many programs don't need to be "registered" if a person buys them. So, did your friend buy the program and not register it, which is legal? Or did he steal the program altogether?

CupOfMilk
Nov 6th 2008, 12:29 AM
My mistake i ment registerd version not unregisterd.

CupOfMilk
Nov 6th 2008, 12:30 AM
It was a misspelled word. Try this:

His friend is using an "unregistered version" of a program that was used to record a sports game. He wants to know if it is wrong to watch the video on this "unregistered" program.

I have a question: When you say "unregistered version" do you mean it was pirated from the internet? Because many programs don't need to be "registered" if a person buys them. So, did your friend buy the program and not register it, which is legal? Or did he steal the program altogether?
stole the program

markedward
Nov 6th 2008, 01:22 AM
Then out of principle, you should avoid using the program.

Since he stole it, you would be advocating his theft by using it with him.

CupOfMilk
Nov 6th 2008, 06:56 AM
Then out of principle, you should avoid using the program.

Since he stole it, you would be advocating his theft by using it with him.
I wouldn't be using the program he would be uploading the video that he recorderd on youtube.

Literalist-Luke
Nov 6th 2008, 07:02 AM
That would still be advocating his theft.

Zack702
Nov 6th 2008, 07:15 AM
I wouldn't be using the program he would be uploading the video that he recorderd on youtube.

As far as doing anything wrong by watching the video.
Your not stealing anything by watching a video.
However since you know your friend is using a illegal program you need to remind them they should repent stealing and should never steal anything.
Try to get him to use a legal program or perhaps even purchase the program for them so they don't have to use a illegal one. Remind them that they should do unto others as they want others to do unto them.

CupOfMilk
Nov 6th 2008, 07:17 AM
Try to get him to use a legal program or perhaps even purchase the program for them so they don't have to use a illegal one.
Well i can do it my self now it is just for that day and now theres no way to get them without that video.

Literalist-Luke
Nov 6th 2008, 07:24 AM
Well i can do it my self now it is just for that day and now theres no way to get them without that video.Anything that makes it legal would be good. :yes:

Kudo Shinichi
Nov 6th 2008, 12:46 PM
Really an odd problem...recording other person's right video, kind of problematic...;) Illegal recording program...

graceforme
Nov 6th 2008, 01:14 PM
It's obvious that you have some conviction about this. Leave it alone. If you want the program, buy it for yourself.

God bless.