PDA

View Full Version : Is It Now Here!

pinkroses
Nov 5th 2008, 09:27 AM
Hello brothers and sisters of Christ,

Forgive me if I sound like a kook, but from what I have been hearing about our now president Barrack Obama is that he is a communist and he is going to cause a persecution of Christians in this nation. I hope and pray for the revival of America and that she will turn back to God, but with the favor of abortion and electing Barrack Obama knowing he is going to bring back partial birth abortion, I guess we can just look up and rejoice that our saviors second coming is sooner than we thought. :pray: Pray for America, we need it now more than ever.

Jamey
Nov 5th 2008, 09:41 AM
I don't think your a kook. I have been feeling the same way. I do think America is getting what it deserves now. We have turned our backs on God and now we are paying. When I hear about how Elizabeth Dole lost because she "invoked the name of God" , I shuddered. We are
sacrificing babies, legalizing gay unions (which opens the door to teaching our kids in school that its ok). Even allowing gays to serve in clergy.
Its time for true followers to stand up.
Now what is gonna happen to christians today? Now American christians will know what persecution is like.
God have mercy on us,
J.

mfowler12
Nov 5th 2008, 05:17 PM
What proof is there that God continues to punish entire nations?

Didn't God stop punishing nations for their evil doing once Christ came and fulfilled the law?

Why is God going to punish the USA for just Obama's opinion on abortion? Doesn't God place people in positions of authority and aren't we told to obey that authority?

karenoka27
Nov 5th 2008, 05:27 PM
Persecution is going on all over the world. If we as Americans come under persecution then what would make us different than the rest? We have enjoyed for so long the blessings God has bestowed on us and we have become comfortable. I'm not saying don't pray, believe me I am.
Persecution does not mean the end is here. It means we need to stand up and speak the name of Jesus Christ as Lord boldly.

catlover
Nov 5th 2008, 05:47 PM
There was a thread that was moved to "elections" - I can't find that thread - where is it???

Kudo Shinichi
Nov 5th 2008, 06:05 PM
I'm not sure America going to get attack persecuted by Barack Obama, I heard from certain sources he was supported by terrorist groups...so hope situation will be better.:(
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/john-stephenson/2008/02/23/will-media-ignore-obamas-terrorist-ties
http://www.usnews.com/blogs/barone/2008/8/22/obama-needs-to-explain-his-ties-to-william-ayers.html

Literalist-Luke
Nov 5th 2008, 07:44 PM
What proof is there that God continues to punish entire nations?Ahem - Nazi Germany, 1945.

thepenitent
Nov 5th 2008, 07:47 PM
What proof is there that God continues to punish entire nations?

Didn't God stop punishing nations for their evil doing once Christ came and fulfilled the law?

Why is God going to punish the USA for just Obama's opinion on abortion? Doesn't God place people in positions of authority and aren't we told to obey that authority?

What proof is there God ever stopped punishing nations or that the first advent stopped the same? The fate of Babylon in the book of Revelation would indicate the exact opposite.

mfowler12
Nov 5th 2008, 07:52 PM
Ahem - Nazi Germany, 1945.
One could argue that what happened then is what opened the door for the Israelites to get their land back. Thoughts?

mfowler12
Nov 5th 2008, 07:55 PM
What proof is there God ever stopped punishing nations or that the first advent stopped the same? The fate of Babylon in the book of Revelation would indicate the exact opposite.
Only one could know that answer, God. I have not seen any evidence that points in either direction but I believe that God no longer punishes nations; now He judges people by their hearts.

Vhayes
Nov 5th 2008, 08:00 PM
One of the things I've been saying for a while now is, God doesn't bless a particular piece of real estate called America. He blessed the believers who happened to live with in the boundaries of that piece of real estate. Where there are many believers praying and seeking God's guidance, there will be blessing; where there are few believers there will be less blessing.

RabbiKnife
Nov 5th 2008, 08:06 PM
Today is a great day to be an American.

The 2008 Presidential Election is now over. The American people – more than 117 million of them – went to the polls yesterday and expressed their collective political will. No one forced them. There was no compulsion. There were no armed soldiers at the polling places. Except for a limited number of crackpots, there were no threats or efforts to intimidate voters. We – the People – chose.

And, as happens every election cycle, we have now transferred control of the mightiest war machine the world has ever known, the most flexible and resilient economy, the most devastating nuclear arsenal, the most generous and longsuffering legal code, to a new executive in chief. Our military, of whatever political persuasion, will salute and call him – properly – Mr. President, the Commander in Chief. Senator John McCain will return to his job in the Senate, and appropriately, will call Mr. Obama “Mr. President”, and seek to work with him in service for the good of the American people.

This election, perhaps more so than any in recent history, shows that our Founding Fathers had wisdom beyond their years and experience, and created a governmental system that is without equal in the world. Sure, it has it faults. It is still subject to greed, lust for power, self-indulgence. But it is still America. No other country in the world has to build walls to keep people out.

Many of my evangelical and Republican friends are wringing their hands today, predicting the end of the world as we know it, anointing President-elect Obama as the AntiChrist, miserable and heart-broken and in despair. For my friends who find themselves in this stance, I offer a few thoughts.

God is God. President-elect Obama is not. (And yes, patriots and brothers and sisters, he deserves the courtesy and honor of the title. Calling him names is beneath your status as an ambassador for Christ.) He will have some success. He will have some failure. Our economy, our society, our infrastructure, our systems – all will continue to function.

The unnatural adoration on the left and the unnecessary distress on the right demonstrates to me that when any of us, Republic or Democrat, place our hope in government, we will fail. Our hope in the Christ, not in political power. Whether bond or free, master or slave, rich or poor, our source of supply is God and God alone.

So take heart, my friends. In whatever we do today, or tomorrow, or four years from now, we should enjoy the goodness of God in the land of the living, we should rejoice in our freedom in Him, and we should remember that we are only stewards of the whole. In whatever we do, whether we eat or drink or play or work or worship or vote or rest or fight to present our opinion of proper governance and public policy, we should do so with thanksgiving, joy, and to God’s glory.

So congratulations to President-elect Obama and Vice-President Elect Biden. I will pray for you, as my faith teaches me. I will pray that God gives you wisdom beyond your experience and learning. I will pray that the Holy Spirit speaks to you in the quiet moments. I will pray for your success. I will pray for your health. I will pray that you will have moral courage and sound judgment. I will pray for your safety, for your families, and for all that are placed under your stewardship.

God bless you, President-elect Obama. May God cause his face to shine upon you, and give you peace.

And may God continue to bless these United States of America.

Romans8:15
Nov 5th 2008, 08:23 PM
I would just like to add everyone is saying we are to obey his authority which I will but Gods word is above the law and the minute he wants me to bow down to his(obamas) authority and it crosses what my bible says not gonna happen basically I am keeping God at the top and as my authority I hope that makes sense!

tundra
Nov 5th 2008, 08:31 PM
I would just like to add everyone is saying we are to obey his authority which I will but Gods word is above the law and the minute he wants me to bow down to his(obamas) authority and it crosses what my bible says not gonna happen basically I am keeping God at the top and as my authority I hope that makes sense!

AMEN. To follow the rules of the government is good and necessary. However, the Bible trumps everything.

A good example would be in the book of Acts when the Pharisees told Peter and John not to preach Jesus anymore. Of course, they did anyway - and thank the Lord for that :D

Literalist-Luke
Nov 5th 2008, 08:44 PM
One could argue that what happened then is what opened the door for the Israelites to get their land back. Thoughts?Oh, I don't think there's any doubt about it, just as there can also be little doubt that God "judged" Germany for attempting to annihilate His people.

Literalist-Luke
Nov 5th 2008, 08:45 PM
Only one could know that answer, God. I have not seen any evidence that points in either direction but I believe that God no longer punishes nations; now He judges people by their hearts.You're ignoring thepenitent's very valid point of Babylon being judged at the 2nd Coming.

moonglow
Nov 5th 2008, 08:53 PM
Hello brothers and sisters of Christ,

Forgive me if I sound like a kook, but from what I have been hearing about our now president Barrack Obama is that he is a communist and he is going to cause a persecution of Christians in this nation. I hope and pray for the revival of America and that she will turn back to God, but with the favor of abortion and electing Barrack Obama knowing he is going to bring back partial birth abortion, I guess we can just look up and rejoice that our saviors second coming is sooner than we thought. :pray: Pray for America, we need it now more than ever.

He is not a communist...gosh he has been called about every name in the book...:(

Yes he is for things we are against...it doesn't mean that makes all of us believe like him...or makes us less of a Christian nation. God appoints all our leaders...read my signature.

God bless

moonglow
Nov 5th 2008, 08:58 PM

Well so far, he isn't forcing any of us to sin against God...so no worries there!

RabbiKnife Today is a great day to be an American.

The 2008 Presidential Election is now over. The American people – more than 117 million of them – went to the polls yesterday and expressed their collective political will. No one forced them. There was no compulsion. There were no armed soldiers at the polling places. Except for a limited number of crackpots, there were no threats or efforts to intimidate voters. We – the People – chose.

And, as happens every election cycle, we have now transferred control of the mightiest war machine the world has ever known, the most flexible and resilient economy, the most devastating nuclear arsenal, the most generous and longsuffering legal code, to a new executive in chief. Our military, of whatever political persuasion, will salute and call him – properly – Mr. President, the Commander in Chief. Senator John McCain will return to his job in the Senate, and appropriately, will call Mr. Obama “Mr. President”, and seek to work with him in service for the good of the American people.

This election, perhaps more so than any in recent history, shows that our Founding Fathers had wisdom beyond their years and experience, and created a governmental system that is without equal in the world. Sure, it has it faults. It is still subject to greed, lust for power, self-indulgence. But it is still America. No other country in the world has to build walls to keep people out.

Many of my evangelical and Republican friends are wringing their hands today, predicting the end of the world as we know it, anointing President-elect Obama as the AntiChrist, miserable and heart-broken and in despair. For my friends who find themselves in this stance, I offer a few thoughts.

God is God. President-elect Obama is not. (And yes, patriots and brothers and sisters, he deserves the courtesy and honor of the title. Calling him names is beneath your status as an ambassador for Christ.) He will have some success. He will have some failure. Our economy, our society, our infrastructure, our systems – all will continue to function.

The unnatural adoration on the left and the unnecessary distress on the right demonstrates to me that when any of us, Republic or Democrat, place our hope in government, we will fail. Our hope in the Christ, not in political power. Whether bond or free, master or slave, rich or poor, our source of supply is God and God alone.

So take heart, my friends. In whatever we do today, or tomorrow, or four years from now, we should enjoy the goodness of God in the land of the living, we should rejoice in our freedom in Him, and we should remember that we are only stewards of the whole. In whatever we do, whether we eat or drink or play or work or worship or vote or rest or fight to present our opinion of proper governance and public policy, we should do so with thanksgiving, joy, and to God’s glory.

So congratulations to President-elect Obama and Vice-President Elect Biden. I will pray for you, as my faith teaches me. I will pray that God gives you wisdom beyond your experience and learning. I will pray that the Holy Spirit speaks to you in the quiet moments. I will pray for your success. I will pray for your health. I will pray that you will have moral courage and sound judgment. I will pray for your safety, for your families, and for all that are placed under your stewardship.

God bless you, President-elect Obama. May God cause his face to shine upon you, and give you peace.

That was such a totally excellent post I am going to send it to everyone in my email addy! Thank you for that!

God bless

mfowler12
Nov 5th 2008, 09:02 PM
Oh, I don't think there's any doubt about it, just as there can also be little doubt that God "judged" Germany for attempting to annihilate His people.

What exactly happened to Germany that caused them to be judged against? Usually, God wipes out nations; Germany is still around. Now, if you want to say that God judged Hilter, can't argue there.

You're ignoring thepenitent's very valid point of Babylon being judged at the 2nd Coming.

Is Babylon a nation or a way of life? Isn't Babylon suppose to be Satan's kingdom? God judges Satan and his ways/people, right? Sorry I didn't respond to your post thepenitent's.

Yankee Candle
Nov 5th 2008, 11:36 PM
I have wept over my country, America. I even did so today. I mean so well for her but I don't think it will ever recover from the level of sin and rebellion we see around us.

This nation is headed for the graveyard of empires. But we can all remember how great God made her and how the truth of the gospel once permeated this land.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus1

http://www.jewish-art.org/image-files/kiddush-cup-shevach-3233.jpg

Alyssa S
Nov 6th 2008, 01:21 AM
I have wept over my country, America. I even did so today. I mean so well for her but I don't think it will ever recover from the level of sin and rebellion we see around us.

This nation is headed for the graveyard of empires. But we can all remember how great God made her and how the truth of the gospel once permeated this land.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus1

http://www.jewish-art.org/image-files/kiddush-cup-shevach-3233.jpg

Your words were very moving. It is quite clear that you have a heart for God's truth and this country. It is sad that we are where we are spiritually as a land, but praise Jesus for his love and mercy that he has offered so many times.

God bless you!
Alyssa

DigReal
Nov 6th 2008, 01:38 AM

Amen

We should be praying for any new leader we elect. And praying that we can be united in our goals. After all, Satan wants all Christians to be divided.

Literalist-Luke
Nov 6th 2008, 01:51 AM
What exactly happened to Germany that caused them to be judged against? Usually, God wipes out nations; Germany is still around. Now, if you want to say that God judged Hilter, can't argue there.Considering they were bombed into a pile of rubble and then divided into two nations for 40 years, I'd say that's pretty severe.
Is Babylon a nation or a way of life? Isn't Babylon suppose to be Satan's kingdom? God judges Satan and his ways/people, right? Sorry I didn't respond to your post thepenitent's.Revelation 17:18 specifically calls Babylon a "city".

Literalist-Luke
Nov 6th 2008, 01:54 AM

Come quickly, Lord Jesus1Don't forget, you are a citizen of another country that will last for 1000 years and beyond, whose ruler will never falter or render an unjust decision and that will never be permeated by sin or rebellion. We have to keep our hope in that nation, not this one. :thumbsup:

thepenitent
Nov 6th 2008, 02:46 AM
Oh, I don't think there's any doubt about it, just as there can also be little doubt that God "judged" Germany for attempting to annihilate His people.

God also judged and destroyed Israel 40 years after Christ's death and resurection.

Literalist-Luke
Nov 6th 2008, 03:27 AM
God also judged and destroyed Israel 40 years after Christ's death and resurection.That's right, it just shows the door swings both ways.

wombat
Nov 6th 2008, 03:29 AM
Only one could know that answer, God. I have not seen any evidence that points in either direction but I believe that God no longer punishes nations; now He judges people by their hearts.
Hi, Mfowler12! Yes, indeed, God does judge individual people by their hearts. However, I also see that God judges groups of people--communities, cities, nations, even churches (look at Christ's warnings to some of the churches in the first part of the book of Revelation). Regarding nations, there are prophetic verses in several places in the Scriptures that indicate various nations of the world will drink from the cup of God's wrath. As mentioned in one of the previous posts, Babylon is one such city/nation that will be destroyed for their wickedness. Check out Jeremiah 25, which lists the many nations who will in the end drink from the cup of God's wrath--and notice that the list includes a mention that "all nations" will drink from the cup. None of our nations will be spared from that wrath in the end--only Israel whose faithful remnant will be miraculously preserved and in the Day of the Lord will be granted victory over their enemies.

My heart has been very heavy these last few weeks as I consider just how quickly and increasingly my country has been turning from God. We seem to think we are so wise as we claim there is no God, as we embrace immorality, as we strive to enlighten ourselves with false teachings, and so on. I just about broke down in tears at a Fred Meyer store when I was looking at some clothing racks. A T-shirt caught my eye. Anyone remember the slogan "No Fear" that was popular awhile back? Well, this T-shirt I saw said "No Faith." That broke my heart to see that. I can't even imagine how it must break God's heart to see all that America (which was once a home of the righteous) has been doing to spite Him. You know, there is a verse that says Babylon's wisdom and knowledge caused her to turn away from God (Isaiah 47:10). We know from Scripture that Mystery Babylon is going to face a terrible judgment from God--a terrible destruction. Could America be that Mystery Babylon? Some think so. I don't know, myself, but to see us heading down the same path as Babylon makes me very sad.

wombat
Nov 6th 2008, 03:45 AM
Yes he is for things we are against...it doesn't mean that makes all of us believe like him...or makes us less of a Christian nation. God appoints all our leaders...read my signature.
God bless
Hi, Moonglow! Yes, I understand that no one comes to power but whom the Lord allows. He uses both the righteous leaders and the unrighteous leaders to bring about His plans and His will. But in many cases, I believe that God actually allows an unrighteous leader to come to power as a fitting judgment to an unrighteous people. I will be praying that our new president will come to be counted among the righteous leaders, in spite of my suspicions to the contrary.

Diggindeeper
Nov 6th 2008, 05:28 AM
Hi, Moonglow! Yes, I understand that no one comes to power but whom the Lord allows. He uses both the righteous leaders and the unrighteous leaders to bring about His plans and His will. But in many cases, I believe that God actually allows an unrighteous leader to come to power as a fitting judgment to an unrighteous people. I will be praying that our new president will come to be counted among the righteous leaders, in spite of my suspicions to the contrary.

Thank you, wombat!
For me, this says volumes! Only God can change a heart.

And my God is an awesome God! The Lord has had me reading and reading Psalms 34 for some reason. And going back to read it again...

Psalms 34:1-22
1 I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.

2 My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.

3 O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.

4 I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

5 They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed.

6 This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.

7 The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.

8 O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

9 O fear the LORD, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him.

10 The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing.

11 Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD.

12 What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good?

13 Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.

14 Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.

15 The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.

16 The face of the LORD is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.

17 The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.

18 The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

20 He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken.

21 Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate.

22 The LORD redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate.

I will continue life as I have done it for so many years. In continuing to lift up the name of Christ Jesus, continuing to teach my children to FORGET NOT THE LORD THY GOD, serve him and keep his words. Thus shall your days be long, and you will have peace, like a river.

I am praying that God can use the new President of the USA in ways of righteousness, and that God will continue to bless America and keep us safe.

Psalms 111:10
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom...

godsgirl
Nov 6th 2008, 11:54 AM
Here is an interesting and scary comparison.

Hitler's Germany - Obama's Americ, A factual comparison.
10/29/08

Children sing Obama's praise

This writing is strictly a factual comparison and is not intended to be disrespectful or derogatory to anyone mentioned.

For one of my college history classes, I had to do a thesis on some political figure in history. Because of my interest in WW ll history, I chose Adolph Hitler.

My writings focuses on his childhood and early adult years, but mostly on the years from 1930 - 1939. These were the years of Hitler’s rise to power and the corresponding rise of the National Socialist German Workers' Party, more commonly referred to as the Nazi party.

After graduating from College, my interest in this area of history continued. As my involvement in the pro-life movement grew, I began to notice some vague similarities between our society and the Germany of the 1930's. For example, in 1939 in Germany it was legal to exterminate Jewish people. In 1973, a mere 34 years later, it was legal to exterminate any unborn person in the USA. The death of Terri Schiavo in 2005 sharpened the focus of these "similarities".

The events the past month or so, have revealed other comparable aspects between the two societies in question. The current financial crisis in our country is a reflection of the one in Germany in the 20's and 30's. The new American "Messiah", "The One", "The Obama", shares many similarities with the new "Savior" of pre-war Germany.

Both men were eloquent speakers capable of mesmerizing vast crowds of people; both promised change; both used music and the songs of young children to indoctrinate the youth of the day. Did anyone notice how the extravagance of the Democratic Convention mirrored some of the great rallies staged by Hitler in the 30's? Both men had questionable or "shady" political connections during their rise from obscurity. Hitler promoted socialism; Obama wants to "spread the wealth around".

But the most troubling aspect of these two "Leaders", is their total disregard for human life and the laws of God. Hitler sent 6 million Jews and millions of other people to the extermination camps. He instituted euthanasia programs for those who did not meet the requirements for his "Master Race" Homosexuality was widespread in the Nazi party.

Similarly, Obama supports unlimited abortions, and wants to promote more abortions and enshrine a woman's false "Right to Choose" as a national law, by his promise to Planned Parenthood to sign the Freedom of Choice Act as his first act as President. He also supports infanticide, homosexuality, so called gay "marriage", euthanasia - in short, he supports all the gross moral evils that the Church and Scripture opposes.

All of the above associations were still not completely clear in my mind until I read a letter by Lori Kalner an elderly lady who grew up in Nazi Germany. She draws a very frightening parallel between Hitler's Germany and Obama's America. I have listed the links to her letter "Hymn to Hitler", as well as a few quotes from it. I would recommend it's reading by anyone who is thinking of voting for Obama. Below are a few excerpts from her writings. The similarities are truly frightening

"In Germany, when Hitler came to power, it was a time of terrible financial depression. Money was worth nothing. In Germany people lost homes and jobs, just like in the American Depression in the 1930s, ......"

"In those days, in my homeland, Adolph Hitler was elected to power by promising "Change." ........Yes. Change came to my homeland as the new leader promised it would. The teachers in German schools began to teach the children to sing songs in praise of Hitler. This was the beginning of the Hitler Youth movement. It began with praise of the Fuhrer's programs on the lips of innocent children. Hymns in praise of Hitler and his programs were being sung in the schoolrooms and in the play yard. ......"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdPSqL9_mfM

Do not ask questions
Do not step out of line
Welcome to the new Amerika
:(:(

mfowler12
Nov 6th 2008, 01:21 PM
Considering they were bombed into a pile of rubble and then divided into two nations for 40 years, I'd say that's pretty severe.Revelation 17:18 specifically calls Babylon a "city".Did God punish the USA with the bombing of Pearl Harbor? What about most of Europe that was scared by war? How about Japan with the nuclear weapons dropped on their cities? Those are just wars. Now, God told us to watch for wars and rumors of wars, but no proof to show that war or the wars before it was God's wrath.

God also judged and destroyed Israel 40 years after Christ's death and resurection.

That's right, it just shows the door swings both ways.

The OT has shown numerous times that God punished Israel and other countries. But what proof do we have that God has continued to punished NATIONS? This is my point of discussion. Since the coming of Jesus, does God continue to punish nations or is he saving it up until the end?

Hi, Mfowler12! Yes, indeed, God does judge individual people by their hearts. However, I also see that God judges groups of people--communities, cities, nations, even churches (look at Christ's warnings to some of the churches in the first part of the book of Revelation). Regarding nations, there are prophetic verses in several places in the Scriptures that indicate various nations of the world will drink from the cup of God's wrath. As mentioned in one of the previous posts, Babylon is one such city/nation that will be destroyed for their wickedness. Check out Jeremiah 25, which lists the many nations who will in the end drink from the cup of God's wrath--and notice that the list includes a mention that "all nations" will drink from the cup. None of our nations will be spared from that wrath in the end--only Israel whose faithful remnant will be miraculously preserved and in the Day of the Lord will be granted victory over their enemies.

I do not disagree with you that God will punish many nations in Tribulation. However, my discussion is if we have some type of proof is God is punishing nations now.

In my readings, I have not seen a verse that says that God continues to punish nations after Jesus's death. We were told to spread the Gospel so that no one would not have the chance to hear it. Jesus never talked about judgement until the final days.

Disclaimer, I am not a biblcal scholar. There very well may be verses that prove me wrong. If scripture could be presented to me, I will gladly step away from this discussion and admit I am wrong. However, I feel that God is saving His judgement and wrath for the Tribulation. I believe that we are being judged solely on our heart at this point and when God has shown that He is God or when somebody claims they are god, then He will begin His destruction.

My heart's Desire
Nov 6th 2008, 07:07 PM
I've read some of the rumors yet will just stand back, pray and watch how this turns out. A President of Change. Yes, I feel maybe change will come but I'm not certain it will be good.

I do know that God is God over the earth. His Will will be done no matter how we might forget that. That is faith. That God sees and knows best.
I do feel this will line right up with the rest of end time prophecy as has and will occur. (and I'm not counting on any rumors for that)

Congress as well as the President will also account for some change or lack thereof. We are still a Nation of checks and balances, so far anyway. That's why we don't have a dare I say "dictator"........Yet anyway. Decisions don't fall upon the shoulders of only one yet.
Naturally, for those who know, the relationship he maintains with Israel will say it all.
We shall see.
Change, maybe....A different America, yes I believe so.

Texasgirl2008
Nov 6th 2008, 10:17 PM

This is very good and positive. I needed this today......this was a really good post. Our country is far away from God. I also know that God is a fair God. He knows we as Christians are doing are best. The end of time could be tonight or in a 100 years we don't know. God does not measure time like we do.

Partaker of Christ
Nov 6th 2008, 10:50 PM
Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places

BibleGirl02
Nov 7th 2008, 10:07 PM
I agree. I think the election of Obama to the presidency is a major warning sign that we are near the end.

danlevans
Nov 8th 2008, 12:57 AM
Amen

We should be praying for any new leader we elect. And praying that we can be united in our goals. After all, Satan wants all Christians to be divided.

Christians are already divided. Some christians voted for McCaine some voted for Obama. There's no unity there.

quiet dove
Nov 8th 2008, 02:45 AM
Guys, I am going to close this thread at this point. The facts is, we have a new president. We need to pray for him and his leadership of our country.

We have information, misinformation, opinion and speculation, what we need is prayer. Our country has some major problems, and has for a while. Let us glorify our Savior with our lives in obedience to Him.