PDA

View Full Version : Homosexuality is wrong

InSchoolStudy
Nov 6th 2008, 12:15 AM
Were in the Bible does God say that homosexuality is wrong.

I had some one just tell me that Obama is not an anti christ, and the Bible does not say gay marriage is wrong.

Oh and by anti christ, I do not mean the anti christ that fills the prophecy, but all the other anti christs who are, anti christ.

Joe King
Nov 6th 2008, 12:21 AM

I had some one just tell me that Obama is not an anti christ, and the Bible does not say gay marriage is wrong.

Oh and by anti christ, I do not mean the anti christ that fills the prophecy, but all the other anti christs who are, anti christ.

There's a reason sodomy comes from the word Sodom and gnorrhea is similar to the word Gomorrah.

Just kidding on the 2nd part.

NinjaWizards777
Nov 6th 2008, 12:22 AM
For the record, there were alot of people that literally though Bush was the antichrist(like seriously) so I really doubt that Obama is hahaha

1 corinthians 6:9 is one very were we find homosexuality listed as sin

InSchoolStudy
Nov 6th 2008, 12:37 AM
his response to Leviticus scripture:

King James Version of First Corinthians:

9Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

King James Version of Leviticus:

22Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Clearly you need to get your facts straight and realize different versions of the Bible say different things and can be interpreted differently. "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind" can mean a lot more than sexual intercourse. Think with your mind, not with your religion.

I honestly dont know what to say, but I hate ignorant people like this.

Athanasius
Nov 6th 2008, 12:55 AM

Clearly you need to get your facts straight and realize different versions of the Bible say different things and can be interpreted differently. "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind" can mean a lot more than sexual intercourse. Think with your mind, not with your religion.

I'd avoid translations altogether and go straight to the Greek (and the Hebrew in regards to Leviticus). Let's take a look at 1 Corinthians 6:9.

In 1 Corinthians 6:9 (KJV) we see the phrase "abusers of themselves with mankind". In the Greek this is one word, "arsenokoites" it means "one (male) who lies with a male as with a female". It refers to a sodomite or homosexual. If you were to look at the passage in a more literal translation (the ESV or the NASB) you would see the word homosexual used. It actually says the same thing in the KJV its just that the older english throws people off.

If you look at Leviticus 18:22, the verse would read (I'll transliterate):

[Leviticus 18:22] Shakab zakar mishkab `ishshah tow 'ebah

Shakab is translated (thou shall not lie), in the Hebrew it refers to "lying" with someone in a sexual manner.. Zakar is translated (with mankind) and refers to males. Mishkab is translated (as with - can have sexual connotation and carries it as per the context of this verse). `ishshah is translated as (woman kind) and tow 'ebah is translated as (abomination i.e. "disgusting"). Once you understand the Hebrew and understand the context of the verse (sexual sin) you thus understand fully that, while this could refer to different things, it refers specifically to sexual intercourse between two men.

InSchoolStudy
Nov 6th 2008, 01:03 AM
I cant see why I cant have a conversation anymore, not just on the internet, without being called a stuck up religious idiot.

Its not religious, its God, its life, if you dont believe in it then your obviously doing wrong, not some one elses right.

Athanasius
Nov 6th 2008, 01:12 AM
I cant see why I cant have a conversation anymore, not just on the internet, without being called a stuck up religious idiot.

Its not religious, its God, its life, if you dont believe in it then your obviously doing wrong, not some one elses right.

Comes with the name 'Christian'.

InSchoolStudy
Nov 6th 2008, 01:17 AM
I almost want to just tell him that hes going to suffer in hell.

You found Christ. That's funny considering he's dead. He hasn't come back and it's been just under two thousand years. He's long forgotten about you, give up already. You'll be dead and waiting in Limbo for millions of years thinking he's coming but he won't.

When everyone tells you it wont be an easy path, its finally hitting, like today at school, there is a girl who loves God more then anything, shes not made fun of or anything either shes actually pretty hot. But everyone gives her crap, im starting to get the "you and britney should get married" stuff now.....

But what ever, God > Reputation.

Athanasius
Nov 6th 2008, 01:20 AM
I almost want to just tell him that hes going to suffer in hell.

Then you need to stop debating with this person, they aren't in it to have a rational conversation.

When everyone tells you it wont be an easy path, its finally hitting, like today at school, there is a girl who loves God more then anything, shes not made fun of or anything either shes actually pretty hot. But everyone gives her crap, im starting to get the "you and britney should get married" stuff now.....

But what ever, God > Reputation.

Yep, the Bible says we would face persecution. Ever read Pauls list? A few shipwrecks, stonings, lashings, imprisonments...

InSchoolStudy
Nov 6th 2008, 01:25 AM
Am I right though about there being lots of Anti Christs in the world? if you support homosexuality your an Anti Christ, maybe not THE anti christ but a anti christ.

Athanasius
Nov 6th 2008, 01:34 AM
Am I right though about there being lots of Anti Christs in the world? if you support homosexuality your an Anti Christ, maybe not THE anti christ but a anti christ.

I would say describing someone as an "anti-Christ" would be a serious charge and require that person to have done something significant. I wouldn't start calling people "anti-Christs" because they might support this or that agenda.

The world is against Christ, therefore it's against Christians... I wouldn't get too caught up on it - it's to be expected.

InSchoolStudy
Nov 6th 2008, 01:59 AM
Xel, thanks for your help, you always do.

thepenitent
Nov 6th 2008, 02:02 AM
I would say describing someone as an "anti-Christ" would be a serious charge and require that person to have done something significant. I wouldn't start calling people "anti-Christs" because they might support this or that agenda.

The world is against Christ, therefore it's against Christians... I wouldn't get too caught up on it - it's to be expected.

Actually 1 John 2:22 says that anyone who denys the Father and the son is an antichrist. Futher it says anyone who denies that Jesus is from God has the the Spirit of antichrist. (1 John 4:3)

Bladers
Nov 6th 2008, 02:34 AM

Romans 1:27 - And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet

tt1106
Nov 6th 2008, 02:40 AM
The irony is their criticism of your opinion is intolerant. They see you as intolerant, which is intolerant.
I can't imagine how hard it must be to be a Christian in school these days.
I admire you for standing up for yourself.
Get behind the text. The Bible doesn't say sex with a robot is wrong either.
The purpose of woman was to be united with man, for the purpose of marriage and family. Since the beginning of time, God's plan has included women and men populating the Earth.
When that plan was broken in the old testament (i.e. Babylon for example)
God passed judgment on the people.
In this case the bible does clearly spell out homosexuality is wrong, but even if it used a different word, God's word makes it pretty clear what God's plan for his people is.

Bladers
Nov 6th 2008, 02:45 AM
The New International Version -

Romans 1:27 - In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

markdrums
Nov 6th 2008, 02:59 AM
I DO have to agree with many of the replies.....
but concerning the "homosexuality" subject; Xel'Naga and Bladers really hit it on the head!

There's not much I can add, other than this:
Even WITHOUT Biblical research, common sense should tell us that homosexuality is a behavioral issue. It's not a "NATURAL" thing. Physiology makes that as plain as day. The Human body is not designed for Homosexual relations... and for good reason.
Not only does it go against one of the primary functions of natural sex, (reproduction of species), it can also physically damaging to the body. (There's no need to go into detail there.....)

People may say, ".... I'm attracted to the same sex... I can't help it"...
But, taking that into consideration, let's see how that rule works in similar circumstances concerning "attraction".

"I'm attracted to young children..." or "I'm attracted to groups of other people... (opposite sex included as well) You can see the problem.

It comes down to whether a person is willing to put constraints on areas of their life that aren't "identity" related (such as ethnicity, or gender) ... but rather, behavior related.

Lamplighter
Nov 6th 2008, 03:42 AM
The New International Version -

Romans 1:27 - In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

This is the best NT verse to use. Good post Bladers.

Romans 1:26-27

26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women changed the natural use into that which is against nature.
27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another, men with men, working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense for their error which was meet.

jamesblack
Nov 6th 2008, 05:15 AM

Ok I see two things here. One - is homosexuality worng? I say yes; its not my cup of tea. but i have some really good firends that are gay/bi, and they know my view. Two - i cannot judge if some one is in love with said person. i have never been in love. All i can do is be there for them, they may be gay but that dose not stop them form being human. We allso have to look at dogma here to. :cool:

Jessie aka Jamesblack

Jeffinator
Nov 6th 2008, 05:46 AM
Ok I see two things here. One - is homosexuality worng? I say yes; its not my cup of tea. but i have some really good firends that are gay/bi, and they know my view. Two - i cannot judge if some one is in love with said person. i have never been in love. All i can do is be there for them, they may be gay but that dose not stop them form being human. We allso have to look at dogma here to. :cool:

Jessie aka Jamesblack

Leviticus
20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Deuteronomy 22:5 A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this.

I Corinthians 6:9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! The sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, passive homosexual partners, practicing homosexuals,

As far as judging goes..

John 7:24 Stop judging by mere appearances, and make a right judgment.
(Judge them on whether they follow scripture, not on how good of a friend they are)

jamesblack
Nov 6th 2008, 05:57 AM
Leviticus
20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Deuteronomy 22:5 A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this.

I Corinthians 6:9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! The sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, passive homosexual partners, practicing homosexuals,

As far as judging goes..

John 7:24 Stop judging by mere appearances, and make a right judgment.
(Judge them on whether they follow scripture, not on how good of a friend they are)

i am new a this whole christian thing but when it come to outreach sometimes you just have to be there. dont care what the scripture says or if the person is a sinner. they are still people and people need help, i stick to my values, my heart lies with god and i try to be a better person. but i will not help some one because they are gay. they may never know god but at the end i can say i tryed.

Athanasius
Nov 6th 2008, 05:58 AM
Jeff if I understood James correctly he's saying that just because someone is homosexual doesn't mean we should shun them, correct? You're not denying it's a sin, James, right?

JesusReignsForever
Nov 6th 2008, 06:06 AM
Homosexuality is 100% wrong no question about it...but as long as you have breath and the rapture hasnt happened you can still set your soul straight. Just call 1-800 Jesus Saves no phone is required. :)

This message was paid for by Jesus, he paid it all, all to him I owe.

JesusReignsForever
Nov 6th 2008, 06:09 AM
i am new a this whole christian thing but when it come to outreach sometimes you just have to be there. dont care what the scripture says or if the person is a sinner. they are still people and people need help, i stick to my values, my heart lies with god and i try to be a better person. but i will not help some one because they are gay. they may never know god but at the end i can say i tryed.

I agree they are stilla person no matter what life they lead, they still need comfort and to be told about Jesus. Not harassed or bagered <--- did I spell that right? Probably not. You have to love your neighbor as yourself....:hug:

Levin
Nov 6th 2008, 06:39 AM
Is homosexuality a sin? Maybe. It depends on what you mean by "homosexuality." If me being a homosexual means that I am predisposed to be attracted to men then I don't that is in any way wrong or sinful. However, if being a homosexual means that I am having sex with men then of course its wrong, just as any sexual act outside of marriage is. I think we need to be careful what we mean by "homosexual" and "homosexuality," because there can be a lot of confusion.

With Regards,
Levin

chad
Nov 6th 2008, 09:34 AM
Romans 1:18-32 pretty much sums it up.

(Rom 1:18 NIV) The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness,

(Rom 1:19 NIV) since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.

(Rom 1:20 NIV) For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

(Rom 1:21 NIV) For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.

(Rom 1:22 NIV) Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools

(Rom 1:23 NIV) and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

(Rom 1:24 NIV) Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.

(Rom 1:25 NIV) They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator--who is forever praised. Amen.

(Rom 1:26 NIV) Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones.

(Rom 1:27 NIV) In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

(Rom 1:28 NIV) Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done.

(Rom 1:29 NIV) They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips,

(Rom 1:30 NIV) slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents;

(Rom 1:31 NIV) they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless.

(Rom 1:32 NIV) Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Not sure if this helps?

God Bless,

Chad. :rolleyes:

Levin
Nov 6th 2008, 10:10 AM
Hey chad,

Thanks for the verses, but they only apply to the sexual act of homosexuality.

My question is, if I were to say that I am attracted to men, what would you say to me? Is there anything wrong with this? Is it a sin? Could I teach Sunday School at your church, or serve as an elder? Does this define me as a homosexual, or does it take a lifestyle to make one homosexual?

I think that this is the most important issue regarding Christians and homosexuality today.

Thanks,
Levin

thepenitent
Nov 6th 2008, 02:59 PM

James, I don't think anyone here is saying otherwise. The issue is whether homosexual behavior is a sin. The answer is yes. We understand, though, we are all sinners and still have a duty to love one another and treat each other as we would wish to be treated. A homosexual needs Christians to witness to them in the hope that the love of Jesus may save them from their lifestyle.

jesuslover1968
Nov 6th 2008, 03:27 PM
Hey chad,

My question is, if I were to say that I am attracted to men, what would you say to me? Is there anything wrong with this? Is it a sin? Could I teach Sunday School at your church, or serve as an elder? Does this define me as a homosexual, or does it take a lifestyle to make one homosexual?

I think that this is the most important issue regarding Christians and homosexuality today.

Thanks,
Levin

I would have to say yes, it does make it wrong. No, if you are attracted to the opposite sex, you shouldn't teach any kind of school. This DOES make you an homosexual.

Matthew 5:26-30
26Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.

27Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
28But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
29And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. 30And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell

Jesus makes it clear that it isn't only our actions that make us guilty of sin, but our thoughts.

Athanasius
Nov 6th 2008, 03:32 PM
It is the action that is the sin, not the disposition. I imagine living with the disposition is a very hard thing, but if you do not act on it (just like you would not act on any sort of heterosexual inclination... Or should not act on it) then there's no issue.

JesusReignsForever
Nov 6th 2008, 03:32 PM
Hey chad,

Thanks,
Levin

What is biblical homosexuality?

Does biblical homosexuality exist? Is there a type of homosexuality that is more acceptable to God then other forms, perhaps a more Bible-based form of homosexuality?

What do supporters of biblical homosexuality teach? Are their views in line with the Bible?

Biblical homosexuality teaches that some people are born homosexuals while others are born heterosexual. According to the proponents of biblical homosexuality, homosexuality is not a lifestyle or a choice.
God shows no partiality. God accepts homosexuals and encourages them to continue in these activities.
Homosexuality is a gift from God. As long as it is based in love, it is perfectly natural.
The word "homosexuality" did not exist in Bible times, therefore how can the Bible say it is a sin?
Homosexuality did exist in Bible times. In fact, the Bible is very clear that homosexuality is a sin (Genesis 19:1-13; Leviticus 18:22; 1 Corinthians 6:9). The Bible says that homosexuality comes as a result of disobeying God. Romans 1:26-27 says, "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."

Other verses say that homosexuals cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 6:9 says, "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders."

Will God accept a homosexual who comes to Him for salvation? Absolutely! Homosexuality is a sin like any other sin and God's forgiveness is just as much available to that person than to someone who lies, worships idols, commits adultery, etc. However, once a person is a child of God, they will no longer continue in a lifestyle of sin. God promises the strength for victory over sin, including homosexuality, to all those who will believe in Jesus Christ for their salvation. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

copy and pasted from http://www.allaboutworldview.org/biblical-homosexuality-faq.htm

This also includes the looking but not touching...looking eventually leads to lusting and then touching... just my :2cents:

Jamey
Nov 6th 2008, 03:36 PM
A few weeks ago in bible class, a young man told us how some homosexual that he works with keeps coming up to talk to him. The young man shuns the gay man. Finds it discusting and starts talking about how dare they flaunt their "homosexuality" in front of him.
I ofcourse, the pot stirrer, asked "Did you tell him about Christ"? He answered "no, he wouldn't listen anyway"
My point is homosexuality is a sin that seperates us from God. So is gossiping, thinking ourselves higher than others, greed, unforgiveness....etc.
If we have love in us, love given to us by the Father, then we can't allow anyone to walk away without knowing that love. If they refuse it, thats on them. But its on us to tell them about God. Don't let their only impression of Christ some preacher on tv begging for money.
J.

jesuslover1968
Nov 6th 2008, 03:38 PM
A few weeks ago in bible class, a young man told us how some homosexual that he works with keeps coming up to talk to him. The young man shuns the gay man. Finds it discusting and starts talking about how dare they flaunt their "homosexuality" in front of him.
I ofcourse, the pot stirrer, asked "Did you tell him about Christ"? He answered "no, he wouldn't listen anyway"
My point is homosexuality is a sin that seperates us from God. So is gossiping, thinking ourselves higher than others, greed, unforgiveness....etc.
If we have love in us, love given to us by the Father, then we can't allow anyone to walk away without knowing that love. If they refuse it, thats on them. But its on us to tell them about God. Don't let their only impression of Christ some preacher on tv begging for money.
J.

I agree. you are exactly correct. God Bless.

JesusReignsForever
Nov 6th 2008, 03:40 PM
J.

I agree with that most def. but some of them are devout christians in there mind...and you cant even try to sway them.

Emanate
Nov 6th 2008, 03:49 PM
Is homosexuality a sin? Maybe. It depends on what you mean by "homosexuality." If me being a homosexual means that I am predisposed to be attracted to men then I don't that is in any way wrong or sinful. However, if being a homosexual means that I am having sex with men then of course its wrong, just as any sexual act outside of marriage is. I think we need to be careful what we mean by "homosexual" and "homosexuality," because there can be a lot of confusion.

With Regards,
Levin

What do you mean by "predisposed"

Paladin54
Nov 6th 2008, 04:34 PM
I think we need to remember that homosexuality is one sin of many listed in the bible, and that we are all sinners. Homosexuality may not be my sin, but trust me I have enough without it.

We are not to judge each other, that is reserved for God. And just as my sins are covered by the blood of Christ, so is another's sin of homosexuality covered by the blood of Jesus Christ.

So we need to spread the word, the good word of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Perhaps that young man from your bible study is being approached by that other man to be given the opportunity to share God's plan?

Everytime we think that so so won't listen to what I have to say about Christ isn't putting his faith in a God that can do ANYTHING. I think Paul is a good example that anyone can be changed by the word of God.

I think 21st century Christians need to get over their obsession with homosexuality being a sin and stop pointing out others sins and start loving their neighbors as themselves and start sharing the gospel.

The gospel is not about what is a sin and what isn't, but where forgiveness and salvation come from. And that is by grace alone, not whether you are a homosexual or not.

chad
Nov 6th 2008, 07:22 PM
In my opinion, according to 1 Romans 24-27, there seems to be different stages.

Romans 1:24 talks about sinful desires of thier heart in regards to sexual impurity.

Romans 1:26 talks about shameful lusts and being given over to unnatural relations.

Romans 1:27 talks about the abandonment of natural relations and becuase of thier lust, men commit indecent acts with other men which Paul describes as a perversion.

(Rom 1:24 NIV) Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.

(Rom 1:26 NIV) Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones.

(Rom 1:27 NIV) In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

So is being attracted to men a sin?

In my opinion, I would view it as a sinful desire, based on what Paul has written in regard to natural relations between a man and a woman.

Could you serve in church ministry if you were a homosexual, that would be up to the individual church. Some churches say yes, others say no? It all depends on what thier thinking is towards homosexuality and serving in the church.

Hope this helps

Chad :rolleyes:

Hey chad,

Thanks,
Levin

John146
Nov 6th 2008, 07:57 PM
Hey chad,

Thanks,
LevinIf you lusted after other men then you would be a homosexual and it would be sin. Jesus made it clear that even by lusting after a woman a man can commit adultery. The same type of concept applies in regards to someone who has homosexual feelings towards others.

However, if you were struggling with homosexual thoughts but did not give in to them then that does not mean you're a homosexual or that you are sinning. You would need to pray for God's help in overcoming that temptation just like we all need to pray for God's help in overcoming whatever temptations we might be struggling with.

jesuslover1968
Nov 6th 2008, 10:19 PM
However, if you were struggling with homosexual thoughts but did not give in to them then that does not mean you're a homosexual or that you are sinning. You would need to pray for God's help in overcoming that temptation just like we all need to pray for God's help in overcoming whatever temptations we might be struggling with.

You are correct here. Thank you for adding this. I was thinking about what I posted earlier and was planning on going back and adding something to this effect. :)

Lamplighter
Nov 6th 2008, 10:41 PM
What do you mean by "predisposed"

Some men have lower levels of testosterone, and are feminine by nature.

Some women have higher then normal levels of testosterone, and are masculine by nature.

Neither of these kinds of people are homosexual because of this, but they are predisposed to think they are homosexual due to their physiology.

My brother's wife's oldest brother is a very sissy guy, and he lives a homosexual life due to this. Her younger brother is also a very sissy guy, but he leads a heterosexual life. Both were born with lower levels of testosterone, and yet one lives as a homosexual, and the other lives as a heterosexual. It all boils down to choice, just like any other behavior does.

I am very masculine, and i live as a heterosexual man, but this would not excuse me from sleeping with my sister in law, because I was attracted to her. Just because I am attracted to somebody, it does not mean I have to sleep with them when they are willing. Who I sleep with, whether man or woman is my choice, not my genetic destiny due to my birth.

jamesblack
Nov 7th 2008, 03:47 AM
Jeff if I understood James correctly he's saying that just because someone is homosexual doesn't mean we should shun them, correct? You're not denying it's a sin, James, right?

yes. That is right.

InSchoolStudy
Nov 7th 2008, 06:22 AM
The irony is their criticism of your opinion is intolerant. They see you as intolerant, which is intolerant.
I can't imagine how hard it must be to be a Christian in school these days.
I admire you for standing up for yourself.
Get behind the text. The Bible doesn't say sex with a robot is wrong either.
The purpose of woman was to be united with man, for the purpose of marriage and family. Since the beginning of time, God's plan has included women and men populating the Earth.
When that plan was broken in the old testament (i.e. Babylon for example)
God passed judgment on the people.
In this case the bible does clearly spell out homosexuality is wrong, but even if it used a different word, God's word makes it pretty clear what God's plan for his people is.

It is ridiculously hard being in High school, while I dont want to say its unbearable because its not but I know a couple people who get ripped on a lot for there faith.

And like you said for her opinion. Shes got a big group of friends though, shes some one I should be. a better witness, tbh.

BibleGirl02
Nov 7th 2008, 11:06 AM

Looks like you're dealing with one of those liberals who simply refuse to be convinced of the truth. The best thing to do in this situation is to do as the Bible advises:

Matthew 7:6 NKJV Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.

Matthew 10:14 NKJV And whoever will not receive you nor hear your words, when you depart from that house or city, shake off the dust from your feet.