PDA

View Full Version : Prayers

*Living~By~Faith*
Nov 6th 2008, 12:15 AM
I will begin fasting tomorrow. I was going to begin today, but needed to think about it some more first. I'm giving up the tv, only eating fruit (some in the morning and some in late afternoon) and am only going to be getting online for less than an hour a day. I believe giving up the computer is going to be the biggest sacrifice. I can spend hours at a time online. The reason I have chosen to get online for an hour a day is so that I can still come here for support and encouragement or if I have a question about something.

Please just pray that the Lord will reveal to me what I should do about this situation that I'm wanting to figure out and that I will have the strength and endurance to do this fast until God reveals it to me.

Another thing, I feel like I may be getting a cold. I've taken some OTC cold medication today to hopefully get rid of it before it gets worst. I don't really feel sick. I've just been sneezing and have some sinus pressure. Please pray that I won't get any sicker so that I can do this fast.

Colo25
Nov 6th 2008, 11:34 PM
Praying that The Lord will reveal to you what he wants to reveal, and praying that your fast goes as planned. Also praying that your cold will leave you!:pray:
ysic,
Colo

*Living~By~Faith*
Nov 7th 2008, 08:20 PM
I don't feel like I'm getting a cold anymore, but I still don't feel completely well. But I have slept more than usually the past few days because I've been so tired. I find it hard to begin studying the bible because I almost fall asleep while reading it therefore I can't focus on it.

IMINXTC
Nov 8th 2008, 05:38 AM
Praying that the Lord will give you peace and direction in all of your circumstances, and the issues you have been praying for.

Redneck Charger
Nov 8th 2008, 12:02 PM
Jesus.. I am asking you to please keep a eye on *Living~By~Faith*.. Please ehp her wit this fasting..and please keep her healty.. Please Jesus..:pray:

*Living~By~Faith*
Nov 8th 2008, 09:01 PM
I don't know if something is wrong or what. But I've been so tired over the past few days. In fact, I've only been up about three hours today, but I feel like going back to bed already. Maybe it's because I'm feeling down about some things.

Beloved by God
Nov 8th 2008, 11:01 PM
Try listening to some up beat music or doing something like cleaning the house. Something to wake you up. If you sleep too much it will make you tired too. Pray about your health and whatever else is on your mind, then trust that God is already working on it.
:hug:

Buckeye Doug
Nov 9th 2008, 05:04 AM
Asking the Lord to supply your needs.

God bless. :pray:

*Living~By~Faith*
Nov 9th 2008, 05:25 AM
I've had feelings all day of not wanting to go to church tomorrow which I know is an attack from the enemy. But I'm not letting the enemy win this battle. I'm going to church to worship my Lord and Savior and to be filled so that I'm able to go out into the world and pour out what I learn. I'm not letting the enemy steal my joy for the Lord.

jsph110
Nov 9th 2008, 05:37 AM
praying that the Lord will teach you and instruct you in the way you should go; just as He has promised in His word, and that He will give, both you and me the grace to fast. in Jesus' name. amen.

*Living~By~Faith*
Nov 9th 2008, 06:12 AM
I'm not doing a fast any longer right now. The situation that I was seeking guidance for is over with, so I figured there isn't any need to fast about it. But I'll probably start another fast soon to seek His will for my life and draw closer to Him.

*Living~By~Faith*
Nov 9th 2008, 01:47 PM
If you come across this this morning please say a prayer for me. I think today is going to be a long hard day. I probably got about a couple hours of sleep and I woke up with a headache. But the good thing is I believe God revealed a lot to me last night while I struggled to get to sleep.

Beloved by God
Nov 9th 2008, 03:03 PM
Sometimes, if you are having trouble sleeping, that is the best time to talk to God.
And never forget the verse that says: Be still, and know that I am God.

*Living~By~Faith*
Nov 10th 2008, 06:02 PM
I received a blessing out of the church services yesterday

We had communion during morning services and my pastor's sermon was about communion. I believe that was the first time I had ever heard anyone preach on communion. So I believe I got a lot more out of it. Before taking communion I prayed about what I mentioned in my original thread. But now I know that if I'm going to change, then I'm going to have to do my part and make the effort.

The message at the nursing home after church was about praising and worshiping the Lord, even through hard times and times when you just don't want to. I got a lot out of that message because that is something that I really struggle with. I guess I'm just beginning to reliaze the importance of praising and worshipping our Savior.

The evenings message was on having peace from God and about worrying. That was definitely a message that I needed to hear. As you can notice in my original thread that that worrying is something that I struggle with. In fact, my reason for not wanting to go to church this morning was because I was worried that something would happen that I didn't want to deal with. But it didn't happen. They had alter call this evening and I went up and asked the Lord to deliver me from my worries. I really hope that happens because worrying doesn't do any good or solve any problems. It just stresses you out.