PDA

View Full Version : Passage about applying yourself?

R0bF
Nov 6th 2008, 07:21 AM
For the life of me, I cannot find this entry. I am purchasing a new Bible, and wanted to emboss a Bible quote on the cover. What I am looking for is the entry that I believe Jesus advises us in all things we do to apply ourselves fully, or something to that effect. I think it would be a great reminder for me every time I pick up the Bible to fully apply myself while reading it.

Can anyone please help me out and let me know where to find this? I've been searching for it in vain for quite some time with no success.

Thanks in advance!

9Marksfan
Nov 6th 2008, 10:32 AM
For the life of me, I cannot find this entry. I am purchasing a new Bible, and wanted to emboss a Bible quote on the cover. What I am looking for is the entry that I believe Jesus advises us in all things we do to apply ourselves fully, or something to that effect. I think it would be a great reminder for me every time I pick up the Bible to fully apply myself while reading it.

Can anyone please help me out and let me know where to find this? I've been searching for it in vain for quite some time with no success.

Thanks in advance!

I can't think of any verse where Jesus says this specifically, but these ones come to mind:-

Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might... Ecc 9:10a NKJV

And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men Col 3:23 NKJV

Hope that's helpful. :)

Kudo Shinichi
Nov 6th 2008, 12:54 PM
Philippians 4:13

I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

Just_Another_Guy
Nov 6th 2008, 04:31 PM

Thanks in advance!

Here are a few..

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Mark 9:35
And he sat down, and called the twelve, and saith unto them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all.

Matthew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

And there's the simple "Love one another" found throughout the bible.

God bless,

Matthew

Just_Another_Guy
Nov 6th 2008, 05:25 PM
Here's another one...

Romans 12:18
If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

Scruffy Kid
Nov 6th 2008, 05:29 PM
Blessings on you, R0bF!
Welcome to Bibleforums! :hug:
It's great to have you here! :pp :pp :pp

And what a lovely thing to do in your first post :) : to enquire about a Bible quote for your new Bible, and for one which emphasizes dilligence!

Thanks in advance!Others have given some good suggestions.
Here are some other possibilities:

2 Tim 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

1 Tim 4:14 Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.

Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

1 Jn 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

Mt 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

Rom 13:11-12 knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed and that the night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

2 Pet 1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

Phil. 2:12-15 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without grumbling or complaining, That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

In friendship,
Scruffy Kid

Richard H
Nov 6th 2008, 05:31 PM
Um...
How 'bout...

Luke 8:21 But He answered and said to them, "My mother and My brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it."

Richard H
Nov 6th 2008, 05:34 PM
I think I have it! :pp

"Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock.
Matthew 7:24

markdrums
Nov 6th 2008, 05:42 PM

Thanks in advance!

I think there were some great ones presented! At the moment I can't think of any others to add.

BUT-
**just for a little light-hearted humor**

You could always get the NIKE logo on it, along with their slogan...
"JUST DO IT!"

:lol:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Richard H
Nov 6th 2008, 05:47 PM
I think there were some great ones presented! At the moment I can't think of any others to add.

BUT-
**just for a little light-hearted humor**

You could always get the NIKE logo on it, along with their slogan...
"JUST DO IT!"

:lol:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
_______________:lol:

I can't get my quotes to work! :cry:

R0bF
Nov 7th 2008, 04:06 AM
Thanks so much for the quick replies - and lots of other ideas, I might add!

9Marksfan got it:

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with all thy might.
- Ecclesiastes 9:10

However, with all these great suggestions, I might revisit what I want to put on the new Bible!