PDA

View Full Version : Gaming and God?

CupOfMilk
Nov 6th 2008, 11:27 AM
I am thinking about buying a game that has 2 girls kissing in it now that is not the main theme of the game or anything but it has 2 girls kissing in the game. Would God be upset with me if i bought this game? I like the game for the other features it has not the kissing part.

godsgirl
Nov 6th 2008, 11:37 AM
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is fair, whatever is pure, whatever is acceptable, whatever is commendable, if there is anything of excellence and if there is anything praiseworthy-keep thinking about these things.

Emanate
Nov 6th 2008, 12:50 PM
Gaming appears to be a major part of your life.

Kudo Shinichi
Nov 6th 2008, 12:56 PM
You mean you worry that...the game can influence badly and may upset the Holy Spirit. Well...it's better to buy the other game without the kissing scene...;)

thepenitent
Nov 6th 2008, 02:54 PM
I am thinking about buying a game that has 2 girls kissing in it now that is not the main theme of the game or anything but it has 2 girls kissing in the game. Would God be upset with me if i bought this game? I like the game for the other features it has not the kissing part.

I think the fact you have to ask is evidence you feel deep down there may be something wrong here. Something worldly and unholy. Listen to that voice.

Just_Another_Guy
Nov 6th 2008, 03:55 PM

I understand where you're coming from. I had to give up the resident evil series due to it's really explicity, graphic content. I have to agree with what people have already said, go with your conscience on this one.

Athanasius
Nov 6th 2008, 04:02 PM

Mass Effect? Game was alright, ignoring that brief scene. I'd say it's between you and God... It's possible to avoid the scene altogether.

Friend of I AM
Nov 6th 2008, 06:39 PM
I think we do need to be careful with just how much we allow ourselves to get exposed to. I don't know where you would draw the line here -- but whatever you feel comfortable with regarding your faith and conscience, stick to it -- and don't let anyone make you condemn yourself for things that you believe you've already been approved to do.

In Christian Love,

Stephen

John146
Nov 6th 2008, 07:47 PM
I think we do need to be careful with just how much we allow ourselves to get exposed to. I don't know where you would draw the line here -- but whatever you feel comfortable with regarding your faith and conscience, stick to it -- and don't let anyone make you condemn yourself for things that you believe you've already been approved to do. Unless it would offend someone else or cause someone else to stumble in their faith.

Romans 14
21It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.
22Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.
23And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

If there was someone else in the house who would see that part of the game and think that because a Christian is playing it that homosexuality is okay then that obviously would not be a good thing.

Dani H
Nov 7th 2008, 04:06 AM
If you don't do it in faith, then it's a sin for you ...

CupOfMilk
Nov 7th 2008, 09:02 AM
They have about 30 playable characters and one of the girls speical moves is to kiss the other girl to make them feel uncomfortable. I will just avoid playing with that character

CupOfMilk
Nov 7th 2008, 09:08 AM
Gaming appears to be a major part of your life.
You can tell what is a major part of my life by two threads on a message borad? If it was a major part of my life whats wrong with that?

Literalist-Luke
Nov 7th 2008, 09:13 AM
You can tell what is a major part of my life by two threads on a message borad? If it was a major part of my life whats wrong with that?Nothing was said about it being wrong. Do you think you're overdoing it and consequently projected those feelings onto Emanate?

CupOfMilk
Nov 7th 2008, 09:19 AM
Nothing was said about it being wrong. Do you think you're overdoing it and consequently projected those feelings onto Emanate?
Perhaps i was to quick to judge. My apologies

Semi-tortured
Nov 7th 2008, 07:24 PM
Mass Effect? Game was alright, ignoring that brief scene. I'd say it's between you and God... It's possible to avoid the scene altogether.

Funny, I thought I knew exactly what game he was talking about as soon as he said it. Game was OK. Not really a big deal with the two girls kissing. I think it seems like a bigger deal than it is because it hasn't been done much in the video game realm.

If you are going to not buy a game because of one scene that lasts a couple seconds, then I think almost everyone on this board could look at something in their lives that would have something just as bad. Heck, watching a football game can expose you to commercials that sell beer with sex. I'm not going to go and say it is definitely OK. But it's one of those areas where it's kinda gray. At some point, if you wanted to cut stuff like this out of your life completely, you wouldn't be left with anything to do but sit in a cabin in the woods. Just my :2cents: