PDA

View Full Version : Shariah law in the US? It has happened in the UK

SpokenFor
Nov 6th 2008, 03:07 PM
http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Read.aspx?GUID=4DC77CF5-196F-4497-A2C2-906BACAFD91F

Georgetown University's Prince Alwaleed Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding (ACMSU) [hosted] a conference on October 23 that asked the loaded question: "Is There a Role for Shari'ah in Modern States?"

The Saudi-funded ACMSU and its founding director, John Esposito, one of the foremost apologists for radical Islam in the academic field of Middle East studies, have certainly been doing their bit to make the idea more palatable.

The Saudi prince for whom ACMSU was named has been pumping millions of dollars into Middle East studies at Georgetown, Harvard, UC Berkeley, and beyond, and as the case of Esposito demonstrates, it magnifies the voices of scholars with a decidedly uncritical bent. As a result, ACMSU analysis regarding Sharia (or Islamic) law tends to focus not on its injustices (amputation, stoning, hanging, honor killing, punishment for blasphemy, execution of apostates, persecution of non-Muslims, sanctioned wife-beating, female genital mutilation, and so on), but rather on repackaging it in ways that will appeal to Western sensibilities. The concept of a more "moderate" version of Sharia law that is compatible with democracy is at the forefront of this effort.
please click on link to read the full article

I think it is quite conceivable that this "moderate" version will be accepted fairly easily in the US.. After all we are a country that accepts everyone and are "nonjudgemental" in our religious beliefs, right?

Literalist-Luke
Nov 7th 2008, 05:30 AM
I would even go so far as to say that Islam will (briefly) dominate the entire world.

glory2b
Nov 7th 2008, 06:50 AM
I wonder sometimes if there will be a 'world religion' with the 'one world government' and if that religion will be some form of islam

Bethany67
Nov 7th 2008, 06:53 AM
It happened here partly because the Archbishop of Canterbury of the Anglican church said it should, and Prince Charles who will one day be head of the Anglican church as King is very pro-Islam.

Literalist-Luke
Nov 7th 2008, 07:00 AM
If you're interested in more about Islam's role in the last days before the 2nd Coming, you might find this interesting:

Antichrist's Hijacking of Islam

SpokenFor
Nov 7th 2008, 03:51 PM
It happened here partly because the Archbishop of Canterbury of the Anglican church said it should, and Prince Charles who will one day be head of the Anglican church as King is very pro-Islam.

Really? I had no idea Prince Charles was pro-Islam. Interesting.

SpokenFor
Nov 7th 2008, 03:55 PM
If you're interested in more about Islam's role in the last days before the 2nd Coming, you might find this interesting:

Antichrist's Hijacking of Islam

Thanks for reposting that link. I totally agree with you on that.

It seems like it is becoming "patriotic" in the US to be pro-Islam. After 9/11 everyone was pointing fingers at Muslims and it was patriotic to be anti-Islam, but now everyone is spouting how it is a "religion of peace" and if you say anything against Islam, you are seen as an intolerant, ignorant biggot.

Literalist-Luke
Nov 7th 2008, 05:21 PM
If you say anything against Islam, you are seen as an intolerant, ignorant biggot.That's only the beginning, we're just barely getting started.

daughter
Nov 7th 2008, 05:30 PM
Thanks for reposting that link. I totally agree with you on that.

It seems like it is becoming "patriotic" in the US to be pro-Islam. After 9/11 everyone was pointing fingers at Muslims and it was patriotic to be anti-Islam, but now everyone is spouting how it is a "religion of peace" and if you say anything against Islam, you are seen as an intolerant, ignorant biggot.
Well, I've noticed that people in the grassroots environmental, AR and anarchist movements are becoming increasingly pro Islam. Also, they seem to become increasingly anti Semitic and anti Christian as time goes on. Pray for England! Seriously. So many non Christians here believe that the 9/11 attacks were orchestrated by a Jewish Christian right wing hybrid, for the sole purpose of starting a crusade against those nice Muslims.

Bethany67
Nov 7th 2008, 06:21 PM
Yes Charles is pro-Sufism (there have been rumours for years that he converted but I haven't been able to find proof) and wants to be known as Defender of Faith rather than Defender of the Faith when he's King. His mentor was Laurens van der Post, and under his guidance Charles developed a general interest in philosophy and Eastern mysticism. From his father he has an interest in Orthodox Christianity.

Daughter - I've never heard that from English people about the 9/11 conspiracy.

daughter
Nov 7th 2008, 06:29 PM
Hummm... maybe I'm biased, because of the folks I'm engaged with (or at least was, till they got freaked by my conversion.) But I'm surprised that you've not heard it from pagan circles. AR might be a different world still... in which case there is still hope this rumour doesn't spread.

Sufism is very different from regular Islam... and of the three main branches, it's the one I see as being the most likely to play into one world scenarios. Mystical and experiential, and so on...

Bethany67
Nov 7th 2008, 06:32 PM
Nope, never heard it from Pagans, although I did hear the view that Bush secretly ordered it. Mind you, serious discussions would cut too much into the drinking time ... I've seen it online of course, but it tends to be from certain Muslims.

Totally agree that the mystical side of Sufism is far more likely to be appealing than the other branches.

quiet dove
Nov 7th 2008, 06:46 PM
Yes Charles is pro-Sufism (there have been rumours for years that he converted but I haven't been able to find proof) and wants to be known as Defender of Faith rather than Defender of the Faith when he's King. His mentor was Laurens van der Post, and under his guidance Charles developed a general interest in philosophy and Eastern mysticism. From his father he has an interest in Orthodox Christianity.

Sufism is very different from regular Islam... and of the three main branches, it's the one I see as being the most likely to play into one world scenarios. Mystical and experiential, and so on...

Totally agree that the mystical side of Sufism is far more likely to be appealing than the other branches.

This, Sufism, is something I was trying to get more info on. My reasoning is because IF, Eastern Mysticism is to play a role in bringing all religions to common ground:rolleyes: (not sure what smiley is actually appropriate for that comment). But IF, with all the "enlightened messages" being "received" via these New Age/Old Easter Mystic methods, this mysticism must be infiltrating into Islam just like it is everything from Christianity to Atheism. The religion of Selfism CAN cause peace between all religions and is the same lie that Satan has been telling all along, starting in the Garden.

Ok, proceed now to funny looks I can't see.

SpokenFor
Nov 7th 2008, 07:26 PM
This, Sufism, is something I was trying to get more info on.

http://www.ias.org/

Looky here... a Sufism organization that is a part of the UN.

Say...they have a "40 Days" program.

daughter
Nov 7th 2008, 07:33 PM
No funny looks here, Quiet Dove... I think we're thinking along similar lines.

BibleGirl02
Nov 7th 2008, 10:03 PM
Lord have mercy on us all! I hope and pray that Jesus Christ would come back soon. But yet I hope he delays long enough for my family and friends to be saved.

Kudo Shinichi
Nov 8th 2008, 12:56 PM
This is worrying situation...well, hope there nothing bad happens in UK. Does it apply to all UK citizens

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Read.aspx?GUID=4DC77CF5-196F-4497-A2C2-906BACAFD91F

please click on link to read the full article

I think it is quite conceivable that this "moderate" version will be accepted fairly easily in the US.. After all we are a country that accepts everyone and are "nonjudgemental" in our religious beliefs, right?

Bethany67
Nov 8th 2008, 03:27 PM
No, it's voluntary over here and only applies to Muslims who are in agreement with the process, in the same way that the beth din only applies to Jews over here.

Kudo Shinichi
Nov 9th 2008, 06:21 AM
Well, thank goodness it only applied to Muslims...;)

manichunter
Nov 11th 2008, 06:33 AM
are there any US leaders that could be closet Muslims, aligned with pro Muslim friends, or maybe easily persauded to give in to pressures that usher in pro Muslim influences and control.

Literalist-Luke
Nov 11th 2008, 09:38 AM
are there any US leaders that could be closet Muslims, aligned with pro Muslim friends, or maybe easily persauded to give in to pressures that usher in pro Muslim influences and control.You must be joking - with our lobby-driven government, you have to ask?

manichunter
Nov 11th 2008, 01:49 PM
You must be joking - with our lobby-driven government, you have to ask?

I am glad you understand sarcasm. LOL :lol:

It is funny that we sometimes as believers in Yeshau look for aid from and support secular entities, that will not return the favor in kind. We are to pray for them and not unrighteously disobey their delegated divine authority, and that is it. There is no righteous call to protect or endorse them.

Literalist-Luke
Nov 11th 2008, 04:53 PM
I am glad you understand sarcasm. LOL :lol:

It is funny that we sometimes as believers in Yeshau look for aid from and support secular entities, that will not return the favor in kind. We are to pray for them and not unrighteously disobey their delegated divine authority, and that is it. There is no righteous call to protect or endorse them.All I know is that Revelation 16 says "all nations" (including whatever's left of the USA by then) will come against Israel and Jesus in the end, so we can't afford to pin our last hopes in America. The only guaranteed place for us to pin our hopes is in the Millennial Kingdom.

Back2Front
Nov 11th 2008, 06:19 PM
What they are looking for for the most part is acceptance and support of their religious practices from the government.

What I mean is this;

You'll see Catholics once a year walking around with an ashy cross on their foreheads and you don't really think it's weird, and if you do you kinda just accept it. Also, a boss won't make his CSR's wash it off because it looks unsightly, as they understand it's religious foundation, as does the majority of America.

In the same way, Muslims wash their feet 5 times a day an pray on their mats. As it stands right now, each American business has a case regarding sanitation and safety issues that accompany these practices. Nor does American Business accommodate their holidays such as Ramadahn which is a month long.

I have seen this first hand in a warehouse where a whole slew of Muslims were in constant danger of being run over by a forklift as they would hide in the huge warehouse shelves to do their prayers, not to mention the company time it demanded. Finally, the business had to get a legal injunction against it's Muslim employees.

What is meant by Palatable Shariah Law is this;

By Law, every Federal, State, and Private business would have to provide facilities for Muslim practice. Essentially there would have to be a mini-mosque provided and installed in every business in America. This includes non-discrimination laws that would protect their right to take the time to do this 5 times a day, and have paid holidays.

It would mirror handicap ramps and all the laws surrounding them to put it plainly.

Oddly, the new Administration of Gov't we will see in 09' will make this happen. And nobody will be able to stop it. The reason, all the laws are already there and the word 'Muslim' just has to be plugged into the laws.

Welcome to the beginings of your new America and President elect.

quiet dove
Nov 11th 2008, 07:35 PM
That is interesting, mini-mosque in the work place but the once or twice a year that Christians put out Biblical decorations for Christmas or other Christian holidays folks get bent out of shape.

Prayer 5 times a day for Muslims but no prayer any time of day for Christians. I wonder what would happen if Christians got together just once a day, for only five minutes, held hands and prayed together, on the job?

SpokenFor
Nov 11th 2008, 07:47 PM
In the same way, Muslims wash their feet 5 times a day an pray on their mats. As it stands right now, each American business has a case regarding sanitation and safety issues that accompany these practices. Nor does American Business accommodate their holidays such as Ramadahn which is a month long.

Wow..I thought the smokers were the ones best at getting on-company-time breaks.

Back2Front
Nov 11th 2008, 07:59 PM
That is interesting, mini-mosque in the work place but the once or twice a year that Christians put out Biblical decorations for Christmas or other Christian holidays folks get bent out of shape.

Prayer 5 times a day for Muslims but no prayer any time of day for Christians. I wonder what would happen if Christians got together just once a day, for only five minutes, held hands and prayed together, on the job?

The 'Mini-Mosque' will be a private secluded area as opposed to public Christian decorations and prayer.

Then lastly, the Mosque is a staple of Muslimism. Unwavering in it's practice of worship for thousands of years, and not much variation from Mosque to Mosque. I mention this because Christianity is loose in it's practice and worship. It varies highly from church to church as if it were even a different religion from church to church. This weakens and even eliminates the 'well then we get a church at our work place' argument.

Also note, that the installed mini-mosques will be off limits to non-Muslims.

quiet dove
Nov 11th 2008, 08:14 PM
The 'Mini-Mosque' will be a private secluded area as opposed to public Christian decorations and prayer.

Then lastly, the Mosque is a staple of Muslimism. Unwavering in it's practice of worship for thousands of years, and not much variation from Mosque to Mosque. I mention this because Christianity is loose in it's practice and worship. It varies highly from church to church as if it were even a different religion from church to church. This weakens and even eliminates the 'well then we get a church at our work place' argument.

Also note, that the installed mini-mosques will be off limits to non-Muslims.

But I don't think that is the point, religious freedom is the point. If I want a manger in my front yard, it's my front yard. Is the mosque where I can't see it? Or if me and my Christian friends at work want to go off an pray somewhere we should have that right also, we can do it it private.

Christians may have differences in their worship practices, but that is not the point, they are all still worshiping Christ.

I mean either religious freedom for all or for none.