PDA

View Full Version : The Man of The House

TBONE61
Nov 6th 2008, 06:05 PM
1 Peter 3:7 (New King James Version)

7] Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered.

The Man of The House
All that for women, and just one short verse for men? Does not seem quite right, does it? Well, relax ladies, the disparity says more about men than it does about women. Most likely, God knew that we men could absorb only a little at a time, and then there's a lot to live up to in this short verse. First, husbands are instructed to live with their wives in understanding. I would say that there is not a husband around who has not thrown up his hands in despair and said "I just don't get it." Newsflash: men and women are wired differently. Every man should know this before he says, " I do." The husband is to know and respect what the wife needs from him in a marriage. He is to show her deference and care for her emotional needs as much as he would care for her physical needs. This kind of very special shared relationship moves the man from the superficial to the deeply loving and spiritual.

FOR TODAY: Husbands, be all that you can be. Get in the Word.