PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT A deadline given

MissTissa77
Nov 6th 2008, 08:14 PM
I had posted about my marriage on the prayer board but today he im'd me (he's in Iraq) and told me that I've taken too long to respond and he wants a response ASAP...he actually gave me the times he will be available online....:pray:
I haven't responded because I am overly emotional and I get angry. He said he's been thinking about this for a long time but never said anything to me. He said he's tried as best he can and I just have to deal with it but if he'd tried...wouldn't he have at least TOLD me there was an issue?
We were fine before he went to Iraq. We were planning for our future and arguments were at an all time low...he came home on leave and when he got back we had our 2nd argument in 6 months (given our first deployment...we were doing pretty good). The first argument ended almost as quickly as it started because we held our tonges. The second got out of hand really fast! So he said he wanted a divorce.
I need God to calm me and give me the words that are best or this situation. PLEASE pray for God to guide me in this email. I hold a lot of anger at this situation because it is just so unfair of my husband to do this. He wants to tell the kids about the divorce, get the divorce, and move to a new duty station all in less than 90 days! That isn't fair to any of us! He keeps saying he is trying to "spare" us (the children and I) from being put thru this marriage any longer!
Please also pray that God will soften my husband's heart while he reads this email.
Thank you!

moonglow
Nov 6th 2008, 08:25 PM
I would tell him exactly what you said to us...I mean why not? Why not be honest. (opps just realized you posted on prayer request..we can't really offer advise on here only prayers).

I am praying the Lord will soften his heart and help him to not be so rash...

God bless

MissTissa77
Nov 6th 2008, 08:46 PM
Thank you! My hesitation is that he is not emotionally there. He sounds completely void of emotion so I'm concerned that using emotion will only make matters worse. I know I need to trust God, but I also need to listen to God and send the best message I can.

moonglow
Nov 6th 2008, 08:51 PM
I wish you would post on the counseling forum so we can say a little more ..we can only offer prayers here. I do pray the Lord will calm your heart and be rational in your response and if you need to delay answering..then delay it..just say you are too upset to reply right now.

God bless

IMINXTC
Nov 6th 2008, 10:59 PM
Continuing to lift this difficult and painful circumstance to the Lord. Praying for His intervention into this marital conflict and praying for wisdom concerning the emotions of your husband in Irag.

Praying for exceptional wisdom in the wording and sending of this email.

Colo25
Nov 6th 2008, 11:49 PM
Lifting up you and your husband to The Lord right now! :pray: :pray: praying that he will guide you in all aspects of this.:pray:
Colo