PDA

View Full Version : Prayer for my sister, please.

kayte
Nov 7th 2008, 04:53 PM
My sister was taken to the ER yesterday morning with an erratic heart beat and extremely high blood pressure. She's not responding as well as hoped to the medications they've put her on for those things. She also has some fluid in her lungs.

They admitted her to the hospital. She's very anxious and is having a hard time 'staying put'.

They've also given her blood thinners because they're very concerned she could have a stroke. :(

Her name is Carolyn. She is a believer.

Thank you. :hug:

steelerbabe
Nov 7th 2008, 05:03 PM
Lifting Carolyn up in prayer:pray: Please keep us updated on her condition.

Frances
Nov 7th 2008, 06:04 PM
:pray: for her peace of mind and acceptance of whatever the Lord's Will may be.. . . . and for other members of the family too.

MercyChild
Nov 7th 2008, 06:12 PM
Will surely be keeping Caroline in my prayers. Added her to my list!:hug:

IMINXTC
Nov 7th 2008, 06:30 PM
Praying for Carolyn, for deliverance from this dangerous health emergency.

kayte
Nov 7th 2008, 07:08 PM
Thank you all, so much. The difficulty of this is compounded for our family because we just lost my other sister a year ago (leukemia).

I'm going on the assumption that the Lord knows we're not ready to do that again, yet. ;)

jsph110
Nov 8th 2008, 04:37 AM
I stand in agreement with you that The Lord will heal your sister in Jesus' name, who bore our sicknesses.

Ashley274
Nov 8th 2008, 08:52 AM
Kayte you know I am praying for you and your family and will continue to hold you all in my prayers

Redneck Charger
Nov 8th 2008, 11:59 AM
Jesus, I ask you to please heal Carolyn.. She needs you now Jesus.. Please..:pray:

miepie
Nov 8th 2008, 10:02 PM
I had not seen this earlier, but Charles and I will pray for her and you too..... :hug: If you need to talk, you know where to find me..... :hug:

Love you girl,
Mieke :kiss:

Beloved by God
Nov 8th 2008, 10:56 PM
http://off1.picsrc.net/images/chrglt/blessings/inMyPrayers/inMyPrayersPeachRoses.gif

kayte
Nov 11th 2008, 02:21 AM
Thank you, all.

My sister was released from the hospital today. (She was thrilled to get to go home!) She gets easily stressed, which is causing her heart rate and blood pressure to shoot up. This is going to require major change on her part... to learn not to get stressed.

She'll be on a blood thinner for the rest of her life to prevent stroke.

At this point, the plan is to have her undergo a stress test and then in about two weeks or so to send an electric shock into her heart, which is supposed to stop it and then restart it in a regular rhythm. I've heard that it really isn't a bad procedure and is done on an out-patient basis.

She lives alone, so we're all a little concerned about that. (That she could have trouble and no one would know.) It's going to be hard to not drive her nuts as we continue to check on her. :D

She and I, truly have appreciated your prayers. :hug:

livingwaters
Nov 11th 2008, 02:38 AM
:pray:Praying for you and your family!!! May the Lord keep HIS arms around all of you as you go through this trial!! Amen.

God Bless:)

IMINXTC
Nov 11th 2008, 02:42 AM
Good news about your sister's release from the hospital. Will keep lifting her up before the Lord, especially that her stress and blood pressure will come down and stabilize.