PDA

View Full Version : I am not sure my best friend will accept Jesus as his Lord and Savior

BibleGirl02
Nov 7th 2008, 09:57 PM
Hi everyone. I am a little discouraged right now. I have been witnessing to my best friend, Darrell, almost non-stop and I am not sure that he is ready to accept Jesus as his Lord and Savior yet. I had him read two Gospel tracts the other day. His main problem is that he doesn't seem ready to give up his sins and repent. Please encourage me and pray for his salvation. Him and I are going to my church this Sunday and this church always has an altar call after every service. Please pray that he will either go up or privately receive Jesus as his Lord and Savior.

unkerns
Nov 8th 2008, 05:35 AM
Remember the focus is to disciple others. You really want to walk with him and let the Lord do the work. Many a Christian do alter calls and end up being lukewarm because they have been given the torch but do not know what direction to run.

turtledove
Nov 8th 2008, 01:32 PM
Hi BibleGirl, We can prayerfully encourage you here in this section..to have faith and trust God in what is happening. But, also asking for prayer in our prayer requests section regarding this would be a good thing to do. And for tips on evangelizing others you can always go and start a thread in the Apologetics and Evangelism section.

It is up to him to make the decision for Christ. Some just aren't ready to do that and some not by going forward to the altar.

It is good to witness and encourage him but always trust God to do the work. And, of course, no matter what,>> keep on praying for him.

I'm praying...:pray: In the Name of Jesus.

wiseoldowl - forum facilitator :)

Beloved by God
Nov 8th 2008, 02:46 PM
I know how you feel. I have a friend I email with (she lives in the next state over from me) and I have spent hours sending her Poems, Christian songs, Bible verses, Christian forwards and having a couple to-the-point conversations about God. All she'll say is "I'm gravy, I'm good."
Every now and then she'll ask me to clarify something or to better explain one of my poems, and I know she is learning and wanting to learn. But she will not explain her beliefs on God, or tell me why she thinks she is unworthy of His love.
So all I can do is intercede for her spiritually and pray that the devil stays out of her home, and pray that God moves in her life, and the life of her husband.

A side note: I have found that a family member can quickly reduce all of "your work" to rubble. I had a friend in HS who would listen to what I had to say and really think about it. Then she would talk with her mom and decide that I was wrong, souls got reused, but there is no heaven, etc. At first I was really angry with her mom, wanted to call down God's wrath on her (yes I know, bad!) then I realized that she needed God, and maybe needed God more than my friend, so I still pray for both of them when they cross my mind.

The friend that I am still in contact with, her I think her husband scares her into staying away from God. The other day she had to wait to email me until after he left. So I have been praying for him also.

BibleGirl02
Nov 8th 2008, 05:21 PM
Thank you everyone for your encouragement. I feel that we are very close to the rapture and I really don't want Darrell to be left behind. I love Darrell. He is the best friend that I have ever had. But he needs salvation. Please continue to encourage me as I grow weary of witnessing to him over and over.

Friend of I AM
Nov 9th 2008, 06:51 PM
Hi everyone. I am a little discouraged right now. I have been witnessing to my best friend, Darrell, almost non-stop and I am not sure that he is ready to accept Jesus as his Lord and Savior yet. I had him read two Gospel tracts the other day. His main problem is that he doesn't seem ready to give up his sins and repent. Please encourage me and pray for his salvation. Him and I are going to my church this Sunday and this church always has an altar call after every service. Please pray that he will either go up or privately receive Jesus as his Lord and Savior.

Saying some prayers for you and your friend. :pray:

turtledove
Nov 11th 2008, 03:39 PM
Reminding all to read the guidelines for this section before posting in reply to the OP's post.

http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=49910

Thanks.

wiseoldowl facilitator C&E

Kudo Shinichi
Nov 11th 2008, 04:22 PM
Through my experience when I was Form 3, it was tough to talk to my friend, it was the same situation. Try not to force too much on him because he will react by not accepting the LORD Jesus Christ. You need a lot of prayer and ask the LORD to give you the suitable words and knowledge to talk to him at the right time. With your own strength may not work but it's the conviction of the Holy Spirit works in hearts of man will cause him to accept Christ.

parker
Nov 15th 2008, 08:34 AM
Anyone will open-heartedly respond to Christian acts and words much easier than they will respond to urgings to convert or read a specific Bible verse.

When we interpret the Bible we can live and act in the present with God. When we merely preach the Bible we can easily get misinterpreted by someone who has negative inclinations to "hear the Word" in the first place.

The best Bible verse is the one that is actually lived in the world.

musicmiss
Nov 16th 2008, 11:01 PM

I will be praying for Him. Don't get discouraged though.... if you're getting discouraged that means that you are putting it on yourself to get Him saved. Just keep doing what your doing, being a good friend and witness, and leave it up to God. Don't push anything, but be in constant prayer. It may take time, but God can work in any heart. I will be praying

turtledove
Nov 17th 2008, 02:07 PM
God bless you and be encouraged as you continue to lift this person up in prayers..

1 Cor. 3:7 (NIV)
So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow.

God bless! :)

tt1106
Nov 17th 2008, 05:19 PM
Bible Girl,
I commend you for not only Being BOLD, but for feeling the weight of sin and being concerned for others souls.
I understand how badly you want him saved, but you are doing all you can. God does the harvesting, we do the planting.
Sometimes, we never see our fruit, other times we do. Praise God.
Just keep doing what you are doing.