PDA

View Full Version : baptised.

InSchoolStudy
Nov 8th 2008, 09:00 AM
Okay I searched first and found multiple threads on this, but then all of them leading to saying one thing.

Yes... or No....

I do want to know, as I havent been baptized, it some what worry's me, but then if you think... you cant do a physical deed to enter heaven...

I also see a lot of people say you can lose your salvation here without taking the mark.

Im finding all of these to be crazy but maybe im wrong...

_____

Also was curious whats the closest heaven has been described in the Bible?

In my mind, ( being honest here lol ) it always comes to mind that its almost like a dream, a white room pretty much and we worship the Lord. Thats just what usually comes to mind. I also was wondering, in heaven, will we constantly worship Christ? that also has a picture in my head like everyone bowing down to Christ constantly.......

so many questions, and also if you can find scripture to back it up..... its the one true way to know everything....

I have so many questions lately I hope this is a good thing.. not a bad thing..

Kudo Shinichi
Nov 8th 2008, 12:14 PM
Well, baptise with water is according to Jesus Great Command:
Matthew 28
The Great Commission

16Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%2028&version=31#fen-NIV-24212a)] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Kudo Shinichi
Nov 8th 2008, 12:18 PM
Romans 6:3 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=52&chapter=6&verse=3&version=31&context=verse)
Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?
1 Corinthians 12:13 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=53&chapter=12&verse=13&version=31&context=verse)
For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.
Galatians 3:27 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=55&chapter=3&verse=27&version=31&context=verse)
for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.
1 Corinthians 15:29 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=53&chapter=15&verse=29&version=31&context=verse)
Now if there is no resurrection, what will those do who are baptized for the dead? If the dead are not raised at all, why are people baptized for them?

Butch5
Nov 8th 2008, 11:23 PM
Okay I searched first and found multiple threads on this, but then all of them leading to saying one thing.

Yes... or No....

I do want to know, as I havent been baptized, it some what worry's me, but then if you think... you cant do a physical deed to enter heaven...

I also see a lot of people say you can lose your salvation here without taking the mark.

Im finding all of these to be crazy but maybe im wrong...

_____

Also was curious whats the closest heaven has been described in the Bible?

In my mind, ( being honest here lol ) it always comes to mind that its almost like a dream, a white room pretty much and we worship the Lord. Thats just what usually comes to mind. I also was wondering, in heaven, will we constantly worship Christ? that also has a picture in my head like everyone bowing down to Christ constantly.......

so many questions, and also if you can find scripture to back it up..... its the one true way to know everything....

I have so many questions lately I hope this is a good thing.. not a bad thing..

Hi In School,

Baptism is commanded under the NT. You said, you can't do a physical deed to enter heaven, Think about it like this, God says if you do this, I will do this. If you are baptized in water, then I will wash away your sins. The Scriptures say that we are washed in the blood of Christ, they also say that we must be water baptized. Water baptism is for the remission of sins, when we are baptized with water, God cleanses us with the blood of Christ and then we are fit to be inhabited by the Holy Spirit. Jesus said we must be baptized.

Mark 16:16 ( KJV ) 16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Jesus also said,

John 3:5 ( KJV ) 5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Peter says that baptism saves us,

1 Peter 3:18-20 ( KJV ) 18For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 19By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; 20Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

Peter also said we receive the Holy Spirit after we are baptized for the remission of sins,

Acts 2:38 ( KJV ) 38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Paul said that God saved us by the bath of regeneration.

Titus 3:5 ( KJV ) 5Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Paul also says, we who were baptized into Christ have put on Christ,

Galatians 3:27 ( KJV ) 27For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Paul also said,

Colossians 2:11-12 ( KJV ) 11In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 12Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

They were circumcised with the circumcision not made with hands, how? In the putting of of the body of the sins of the flesh. What is this? Buried with Him in baptism and risen with Him. Baptism is the putting of of the sins of the flesh.

Paul says the same thing here,

Romans 6:2-6 ( KJV ) 2God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

They were buried with Christ in baptism that they should walk in newness of live. Notice also that the body of sin might be destroyed.

Silent Wings
Nov 8th 2008, 11:38 PM
Yes... or No....

Been baptized with the Holy Spirit and fire? If so, good! Now you could surely use some water, so go get baptized in a river!

Luke 3:16
John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

Veretax
Nov 12th 2008, 03:37 PM
The fact that you seemingly have questions is probably a good sign. Peter wrote that baptism is the act of a good Conscience toward God. Search the scriptures and you will find so many times that people believed, and were then baptized. Yes the baptism of your heart is what is important, but if refraining from being baptized is providing a place for Satan to make you stumble, I'd advise you to get the matter corrected as soon as you can. We have enough to trip us up in this world, without having something that is as simple as Baptism becoming a stumbling block for us.

I'd encourage you to pray for the Lord's hand to Guide you on this matter. That is what I did, and he lead me to the belief that I needed to be baptized Scripturally. I have never regretted that decision.