PDA

View Full Version : I Never Knew You!

danlevans
Nov 8th 2008, 04:54 PM
Matthew 7:21-23

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

1 John 3:4

4 Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness.

ConqueredbyLove
Nov 8th 2008, 06:37 PM
Yes, it is most interesting that He said ~I never knew you~. He did not say "you never knew Me".

Why do you think that is? Any thoughts?

Richard H
Nov 8th 2008, 07:42 PM
To know of Jesus is one thing, but to be known by Him, we must allow ourselves to be vulnerable to Him.

Running around and doing all sorts of "Christian tasks", without being vulnerable and even led by the Spirit,
means those tasks are performed with the "power" of the flesh - the self.

For some reason, I always thought this verse was aimed particularly at leaders, but it can apply to us who-so-evers too.

ConqueredbyLove
Nov 8th 2008, 09:29 PM
To know of Jesus is one thing, but to be known by Him, we must allow ourselves to be vulnerable to Him.

Running around and doing all sorts of "Christian tasks", without being vulnerable and even led by the Spirit,

For some reason, I always thought this verse was aimed particularly at leaders, but it can apply to us who-so-evers too.

Yes, I think you are correct :)

Once again it comes to having that personal relationship with Him...

9Marksfan
Nov 9th 2008, 10:13 PM
Yes, it is most interesting that He said ~I never knew you~. He did not say "you never knew Me".

Why do you think that is? Any thoughts?

The two are synonymous - two sides of the same coin:-

But now after you have known God, or rather are known by God.... Gal 4:9a NKJV

What is more significant is that He doesn't say "I no longer know you".....

ConqueredbyLove
Nov 9th 2008, 11:43 PM
What is more significant is that He doesn't say "I no longer know you".....

Great point!!! Never saw that before! God is good :)

Jude
Nov 10th 2008, 02:58 AM
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u298/hogndog/corsses2.jpg

If you admit to people that you know the president then go to the white house and say let me in I know the president how far do you think you would get past the gate? Now if the president knows your at that gate and sees you wanting to come in he won't hesitate to come and meet you and invite you in.

Hope that makes sense :hmm:

Jude

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u298/hogndog/twocents.gif

livingwaters
Nov 10th 2008, 03:50 AM
Good Word, Jude....see, God is always asking us to "come in!!" All we have to do is answer!!!! Glory to God...:pp:pp

Thank you Father for choosing and loving us first~~~~:saint:

JesusReignsForever
Nov 10th 2008, 04:04 AM

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Amen thank you for posting this it was God's Will because this is a confirmation most def. :)

9Marksfan
Nov 11th 2008, 10:07 AM

If you admit to people that you know the president then go to the white house and say let me in I know the president how far do you think you would get past the gate? Now if the president knows your at that gate and sees you wanting to come in he won't hesitate to come and meet you and invite you in.

Jude

But how do you reconcile that with His response to the foolish virgins?

Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open to us!’ But he answered and said, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.’ Matt 25:11-12 NKJV

liefm
Nov 11th 2008, 11:52 AM

Jude

But how do you reconcile that with His response to the foolish virgins?

Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open to us!’ But he answered and said, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.’ Matt 25:11-12 NKJV

The Lord has closed the Gate permanently (v.10, "door was shut.") in your quote of the Word, no more chances(salvation). Jude's illustration should be taken as the time before Christ comes and bring all believers to be with him in the sky/clouds, first the our brothers (I also mean sisters, for you feminist. This is my precedent, when I write man or brothers, but the context can or should also apply to our sisters, like mankind) who preceded us, then those who are left on earth will be taken up to the clouds to be where our Lord and brothers are.

Kudo Shinichi
Nov 11th 2008, 12:16 PM
Even though those who know the LORD Jesus Christ and they do what the LORD Jesus Christ command but don't believe in their heart and do what the LORD Jesus Christ command will get the same respond from the LORD Jesus Christ.
P.S. I mean refer to those who said they are Christians...

Thaddaeus
Nov 11th 2008, 01:09 PM

It's not exactly what we do or what we don't do, that is the determining factor here

1co 3:13Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.1co 3:14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.1co 3:15If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

"but he himself shall be saved"

the reason here why Jesus never knew these people was the motive of why they did the things in His name

Mt 7:22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

"Lord, Lord, have we not" they took credit for the works that were done in His name "Lord have we not done many wonderful works"? your motive could be money or personal gain in some other way as to build a big ministry for your self gain, or self glory, that was what they did here they took the glory from God, in others words self-pride could also be found in these people, look what we did?

2ti 1:9 (http://bibleforums.org/2ti+1:9)Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to OUR WORKS, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

1th 5:18In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

you want the glory instead of giving God the Glory, could anyone say that it is our works that saved us or it is our lack of work that will keep us out, well, God forbid but many just as these people did, many have tried and all will fail. Jesus Christ is my salvation not my works, what is yours??

Ac 12:21And upon a set day Herod, arrayed in royal apparel, sat upon his throne, and made an oration unto them.Ac 12:22And the people gave a shout, saying, It is the voice of a god, and not of a man. Ac 12:23And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.

what they could have said was "Lord did you not do wonderful works through us". Give God the Glory!

but here is the main thought Just as many religions today, these people who was asked to depart, thought that it was their works in His name, that should have been their ticket in, not their faith. Does this remind you of anyone you know?? It is not what we do for Him but what He did for us!! But Lord We believe that you have saved us because we trusted you for our salvation and not our works!

2ti 1:9 (http://bibleforums.org/2ti+1:9)Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to OUR WORKS, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Jesus and Him alone is my salvation and he wants to be ours also will you trust in Him today?

Marc B
Nov 11th 2008, 03:36 PM

I agree, there are some church leaders and tv evangelists that have been known to masquarade as Christians performing revivals, teaching perverted versions of scripture and staged healings building their little empires on the backs of sincere believers, taking them to the cleaners by guilting them out of their savings. But we won't mention Jim Jones and his kind by name. God did warn people like that would meet with swift destruction. It would seem God kept His word concerning Jones and David Koresh. As for any would be "prophets" and their followers. Consider their fate as a warning from God. Our Father doesn't like it when we play church. With church leadership comes great responsibility.

matthew7and1
Nov 26th 2008, 05:30 AM
I always thought that it was if you do things in the name of God or Christ, but you desire the glory for yourself, then it is not truly good. In addition, It states clearly that it is not by works but by faith....
So I looked at it like all of these tasks are being completed in the Lord's name that are for personal glory and at the end of the day, their faith was questionable....

AndrewBaptistFL
Nov 26th 2008, 06:02 AM

This is the scariest verses in the Bible.