PDA

View Full Version : 25 Years in the New Age Movement

looking4jesus
Nov 9th 2008, 01:04 PM
I like to begin with a prayer to our God through his son Jesus Christ that he will bless this and all those that need to see and find the saving power of our lord Jesus Christ will be blessed with the assurance that our God is a faithful God and never leaves up..Never once we are his.

I accepted Jesus Christ over 30 years ago. We will get back to this later.
This is my story of turning away from Jesus and living and teaching in the New Age movement for over 25 years.

The reason I fell away was because of disappointment and confusion in the churches after I was saved more about this later.

I guess you can say I was seeking again a new experience for I was very hurt in the Churches after I was saved by false doctrines.

In the New Age now called the New Spirituality every one seeks experiences. It is this very thing that keeps these people in such movements and paths. all of us that were in the New Age look at experiences as good things. The common belief is as long as we are sincere and are good people then it must be from God or they would say more correctly from the divine. Almost all the people I met and taught in the NA were good people and from the outside many seem to live a better life in the eyes of man than many real Christians I knew.

Millions of people today in the US believe in false religions and the sad thing is that many are in mainstream churches. People like Robert Schuller, Rick Warren of SBC and many others have been preaching a false gospel of positive thinking to live the life you were born to live.
The Emerging church of today is bringing all of this together as they throw in some Jesus teachings here and there to make it look like Christianity.

Well when I first came to see such paths as these I was hooked. I mean you could do no harm, no absolutes at all, mostly the law of karma which was what goes around comes around. I spent years with some Indian gurus that taught that we are all God an divine and all we need to do is go inside ourselves and see. The kingdom of God is inside you. Seemed like it made sense but in the years I spent in mediation and watching others doing the same thing I found no real peace. What I found was a a nest of lies, Gurus telling their own followers that sex would take your energy so do not have any sex while the same gurus would be sleeping with as many women as they could in secret. There were many other abuses that went on in such communities. So after a few years with the gurus I left.

I want to say that during this time and throughout the time I am writing about Gods Holy Spirit never left me. The Holy Spirit was always there protecting me even though I paid no attention to him.

I then spent years in what was called the New Age movement now they called it the New Spirituality. Such paths as the course of Miracles, Science of mind, EST, The Forum you name it I probably was involved with it and may have taught it at one time. One of the most damaging paths we have today is a path that has it roots in Indian thought but is presented in a very upscale modern way in the US. It is the path of ..Being in the Now..
everything happens in the Now-ness of things. E. Tollie in his books practicting the presence of Now etc is a major promoter of this. I met him and many other teachers saying and preaching he same thing. I found that is is nothing more than conning our self into a big lie and that lie which I also believed was that we are all one, God is in everything and the worst lie was and is that there is only one sin and that sin is not believing the truth that we are all God. Once you believe that you are God, that we all are God there is no sin. Now I will tell you only part of myself believed this I could not get into it 100% because the Holy Spirit was still inside me convicting me that this is not of God. But I was in deep enough to stay away from Gods word. This is really Satan's way he does not have to do much just redirect people away from the truth and the New Age does this so well. What I noticed so strongly was while being caught up in all of this
deception was a true hatred for our Lord Jesus Christ. all one had to do was to mention Jesus name and people would turn into real Jesus haters.

I always had a love for Jesus even before I was saved. It was so hard for me to put up with people that I felt were really good people saying such nasty things about Jesus.

So try as I may in all those years of study, teaching, exploring different yoga's, Tantra, gurus I never felt the peace I had on the day I accepted my lord Jesus Christ. This is the only true peace in and out of this world.

Everything else is a Satan counterfeit, Wicca, New Age, New thought, Emerging Church, positive thinking it is all a lie of Satan who is by the way prince of the air in this world for the time being. the earth is ruled by him and his demons for now. So it is no small wonder that we have so man false religions they all stem and have their origin in Satan.

It has been only in the past year that I have had to take a hard look at my life and what I saw was not pretty, the people that I hurt, my own self being hurt over and over again, 25 years of my life spent chasing a fake type of peace for a feel good feeling. Such a waste but I want to really get this one truth to be taken home here because it is why I feel I am still alive and that is out Gods saving power is mighty. He will not forsake you nor leave you. The holy Spirit will remain inside you even when you deny him. I know in Christians circles today there is a large debate about the OSAS doctrine. Well I am here to tell you it is true once your saved and are sealed and nothing can take your salvation away. This of course is NOT a licenses to keep on sinning but if you do God the Holy Spirit will be there to convict you and bring you back to the truth even if it takes a very long time. Now you may loose whatever rewards that could be yours in heaven but not your salvation. Listen this is so important to the Christian faith ..why because if you do not have faith and believe in eternal security you will then never know for sure if your always saved. You will wonder did I cross the line this time and I am not saved now. This is Satan's main tool against Christina s to have them doubt their own salvation.
Do not fall for it but also know that our God is a just God and if your really are a born again and saved person and you keep on sinning and never repent that your own life may very well be cut short by God. You will not loose your salvation but you will loose your own life for God knows his sheep.

Sorry but I need to go back now to the begining as to way I fell away. The reason is quite simple. after I was first saved I had a buring desire to find a church that taught Gods word, wel after being told Ihad to speak in tongues, to have the Holy spirit and other churches tellingme something very differnt I becaame so confused and discourage. This is the work of Satan in the churches today. So many false doctrines in Churches today to take away the faith of the new beliver. If I only had placed myself in a God fearing Bible beliving church and stayed there my last 25 years may have been very different but then again maybe not our God has a plan for each of us and in his own time.

These days after re-committing my life back to my lord Jesus Christ are days of taking action in his word. I no longer have the peak feelings I had before but I have the strong assurance that my God is the only real God there is and his Son Jesus Christ is the only way their is to our own salvation.

If you have never accepted Jesus Christ as your savior and you feel that something is missing in your life. Please first pray to God, just pray to God and ask that the Holy Spirit lays on your heart and mind ho you really are and what true peace is. And when you are very sure of who you are, when you are truly convicted of your sins( for we are all sinners and fell short of God) then and only they pray this short prayer.

"Lord Jesus, I believe you are the Son of God. Thank you for dying on the cross for my sins. Please forgive my sins and give me the gift of eternal life. I ask you in to my life and heart to be my Lord and Savior. I want to serve you always."

Thank you for reading my story
If anyone here is caught up in any type of path that is not
of Jesus but as I mentioned and needs help or support please feel free to contact me.

God Bless
looking4jesus.

Saved7
Nov 9th 2008, 09:52 PM
Thanks for sharing this, you are absolutely right....there are so many different doctrines out there, and they can't all be right. Therefore, it is in our best interest when we get saved to place ourselves in the bible first and foremost, and then seek likeminded believers. You will never find a church that teaches the whole truth and nothing but the truth. It's not possible, I too have been to many churches and became disenchanted. But because I was so very grounded in scripture, I dare say the Lord held me up so that my disenchantment would not be reason to fall away.

ilovemetal
Nov 9th 2008, 11:59 PM
If I only had placed myself in a God fearing Bible beliving church and stayed there my last 25 years may have been very different but then again maybe not our God has a plan for each of us and in his own time.

These days after re-committing my life back to my lord Jesus Christ are days of taking action in his word. I no longer have the peak feelings I had before but I have the strong assurance that my God is the only real God there is and his Son Jesus Christ is the only way their is to our own salvation.

great testimony. i think God gives us these 'times' to build us up even stronger, which you now sound like you have become.

good job, and i hope that you get many oppertunities to talk with New Agers about the dangers of what they are doing.

kev

MercyChild
Nov 10th 2008, 08:11 PM
Randy

I liked your testimony. Yes God loves us soooooooooo much does not matter what we have done or where we come from. Just keep on witnessing to others.

May God bless you in so many ways that you will see His awesomeness work in every area of your life!:hug:

looking4jesus
Nov 10th 2008, 09:10 PM
Randy

I liked your testimony. Yes God loves us soooooooooo much does not matter what we have done or where we come from. Just keep on witnessing to others.

May God bless you in so many ways that you will see His awesomeness work in every area of your life!:hug:

thank you Linda now that is a blessing that I will put in my top ten!!
God Bless you
Randy

swarr
Nov 13th 2008, 04:38 PM
I really enjoyed your post. Bringing up Rick Warren troubles me since I really enjoyed reading The Purpose Driven Life.

BHS
Nov 14th 2008, 01:27 AM
Looking4Jesus, Thank you for your post. It is so wonderful that you now recognize the truth of who God is! Most Christians have little recognition of New Age thinking within many popular church doctrines and teachers like Rick Warren.

I think it would be great for you to share in more detail how we can recognize this thinking that has crept into the church so innocuously. Perhaps that is why God has you here -- to teach us how to recognize these false doctrines. The accuser of the brethren will deceive us any way that he can and we must be equipped with sound doctrine, so as not to be deceived.

I do not believe in OSAS, though I believe God knew that you had not turned away so far that He could not reach you. To Him be the glory!

Blessings upon you and your witness for what is truth!
BHS

Literalist-Luke
Nov 14th 2008, 05:51 AM
Very powerful testimony - thanks for sharing it. :hug:

looking4jesus
Nov 15th 2008, 04:24 PM
Looking4Jesus, Thank you for your post. It is so wonderful that you now recognize the truth of who God is! Most Christians have little recognition of New Age thinking within many popular church doctrines and teachers like Rick Warren.

I think it would be great for you to share in more detail how we can recognize this thinking that has crept into the church so innocuously. Perhaps that is why God has you here -- to teach us how to recognize these false doctrines. The accuser of the brethren will deceive us any way that he can and we must be equipped with sound doctrine, so as not to be deceived.

I do not believe in OSAS, though I believe God knew that you had not turned away so far that He could not reach you. To Him be the glory!

Blessings upon you and your witness for what is truth!
BHS

Thank you BHS,

I will give this a shot. Many times it is very hard to recoginize some false doctrines as you say they creep in as a snake with no rattle.
First I would say for any Christina that is firmly established in Gods words and lives the best then can by following the Holy Spirit inside them that there is little danger of falling away into false doctrines.

However for the lukewarm Christian they will and do face dangers every hour of their life here on this earth. One must always pray for assurance that what shows up for us is from God our God Jesus Christ.
There is a true story of a true born again Christian man who went on a fast and was praying to God to show him his purpose for his life. He spen 3 days praying, reading Gods word and promises, giving thanks and praise.

Them near the end of the 3rd day he heard a voice saying my dear son you will become a agent of healing for Jesu Christ because you are faithful to God and his word. At first he was overjoyed with tears coming down his eyes but this man was a real bible beliving Christian and even though he was on a high feeling now he knew he had to test the spriits so he prayed in Jesus name to please tell me if this voice I heard is from you my God, let me know if it is true. In the same moment he recived his answer by a very foul smell and a telling in his heart that this message was not from God at all but from a demon looking to oppressed him.

So my thoughts are if this man did not test the spirits he could very well been mislead into something that would had cause much damage to him and him a s airnesst. So always test the spirits even if it looks like your dream has come true.
God Bless
Randy