PDA

View Full Version : I could use some verses.

GitRDunn
Nov 9th 2008, 05:58 PM
Someone brought up with me a question and I was hoping someone could provide me with some scripture to help respond. I know there are verses on this, but I just don't know where they're at, thanks for the help.

Ok, here's what he said:
So...it's about satan being punished in hell. I heard somewhere that the depiction of satan ruling hell is false, and that he's actually being punished along with non-christians. Could you confirm this?

Yukerboy
Nov 9th 2008, 06:10 PM
2 Peter 2:4?

God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment.

Was Satan one of these?

BroRog
Nov 9th 2008, 06:23 PM
Someone brought up with me a question and I was hoping someone could provide me with some scripture to help respond. I know there are verses on this, but I just don't know where they're at, thanks for the help.

Ok, here's what he said:
So...it's about satan being punished in hell. I heard somewhere that the depiction of satan ruling hell is false, and that he's actually being punished along with non-christians. Could you confirm this?

It's been said that our culture gets its view of hell from Dante, not from the Bible.

ServantofTruth
Nov 9th 2008, 06:32 PM
Christians do not agree on everything - this is one area where people slightly or sometimes largly differ.

The person you are responding to are they Christian. non christian or of a group of people who are not christian/ but bible connected (Jehovah's Witnesses or similar). If of this group or similar, i really would advise taking an expert to reply to the person as they may be trying to shake your faith, using this question.

Love SofTy.

Nyoka
Nov 9th 2008, 07:46 PM

Ok, here's what he said:

I looked up Satan in the bible and can't find anywhere where it says he is in hell right now. I am not a bible scholar and have not done a thorough study on this though. The bible seems to indicate that he is roaming the earth now trying his tricks and devices on people on earth now:

1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

1Th 2:18 Wherefore we would have come unto you, even I Paul, once and again; but Satan hindered us.

2Co 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 2Co 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Also it appears that Satan's punishment is not to be cast into hell but into the lake of fire: Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. This certainly does not sound like he will be ruling anything. Hope this helps and hopefully someone with more knowledge on this subject can help us understand this subject.:)

GitRDunn
Nov 9th 2008, 07:58 PM
I looked up Satan in the bible and can't find anywhere where it says he is in hell right now. I am not a bible scholar and have not done a thorough study on this though. The bible seems to indicate that he is roaming the earth now trying his tricks and devices on people on earth now:

1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

1Th 2:18 Wherefore we would have come unto you, even I Paul, once and again; but Satan hindered us.

2Co 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 2Co 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Also it appears that Satan's punishment is not to be cast into hell but into the lake of fire: Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. This certainly does not sound like he will be ruling anything. Hope this helps and hopefully someone with more knowledge on this subject can help us understand this subject.:)
Yea, if I had to respond on my own knowledge off the cuff is that right now Satan is "free" (not entirely because he obviously is expelled from Heaven) to try and get at people, but eventually after the Rapture and Tribulation he will be cast into the lake of fire (obviously not ruling anything). I don't know if what he does now could really be considered "ruling" Hell, though, and I don't know if you could say he is being "punished". He is being punished because he was cast out of Heaven, but he isn't in the lake of fire yet and is roaming the Earth, so is he being "punished" like non-believers, or for right now is more of an inbetween punishment? Thanks for the ideas and help so far guys and if others have more to add, please keep it coming.

Kudo Shinichi
Nov 10th 2008, 10:05 AM
Luke 10
17The seventy-two returned with joy and said, "Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name." 18He replied, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. 20However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."

Ok, here's what he said:

leebee
Nov 10th 2008, 10:36 AM

These verses tell.^ Satan is allowed to rule this planet so that glory is brought to God. He was booted from Heaven along with his entourage(demons) and now decieves the whole planet. His punishment is banishment from Heaven and eventually he'll spend eternity in fire, only after there is no more use for him in Gods Plan. Satan has been decieving humans for millenia, but his end is near, and he knows it. Don't belive The Dante's inferno stuff--Just another deception, causing peolpe to say things like the old, --"Why should I serve in heaven when I can rule in Hell",-- philosiphy. In the end Satan rules nothing.

Amazing stuff toward the end of the Book of Revelation--

Revelation Chapter: 20
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

GitRDunn
Nov 10th 2008, 12:28 PM
These verses tell.^ Satan is allowed to rule this planet so that glory is brought to God. He was booted from Heaven along with his entourage(demons) and now decieves the whole planet. His punishment is banishment from Heaven and eventually he'll spend eternity in fire, only after there is no more use for him in Gods Plan. Satan has been decieving humans for millenia, but his end is near, and he knows it. Don't belive The Dante's inferno stuff--Just another deception, causing peolpe to say things like the old, --"Why should I serve in heaven when I can rule in Hell",-- philosiphy. In the end Satan rules nothing.

Amazing stuff toward the end of the Book of Revelation--

Revelation Chapter: 20
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Thank you very much, this helps a lot.

Firstfruits
Nov 10th 2008, 12:39 PM

Ok, here's what he said:

Hope the following helps;

Isaiah 14:12-15.

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Mt 25:41 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=40&CHAP=25&SEARCH=jesus king lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=41) Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Rev 20:10 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=66&CHAP=20&SEARCH=jesus king lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=10) And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Firstfruits

Meto
Nov 10th 2008, 12:42 PM

Ok, here's what he said:

His authority is from God, its only derived from Him, his torment will be the worst of all, and he will suffer humiliation forever, and rule zero.

God Bless.
From Rod.

leebee
Nov 10th 2008, 06:35 PM
Thank you very much, this helps a lot.

You bet, bud. whatever I can do to help. God bless.:cool: