PDA

View Full Version : My Anger

Ayala
Nov 10th 2008, 04:48 AM
Please pray for my anger. Me, my mom, and my cousin bowl in a league on Sunday's for fun. We've got two other members...one is my co-worker's girlfriend and the other is a guy that was placed on our team. He claims to be a Christian...Good bowler but extremely sore loser. Has a habit of copping an attitude whenever we don't win. Tonight, upon finding that we were gonna lose, he got real upset and went off on my mom for whatever reason...I dunno, but the reason doesn't matter. All I know is that it took every bit of my self-control to keep from cracking him right in the face. No one talks down to my mom, I don't care who it is. I ain't talkin to him next week but if he ever talks to my mom like that again, I seriously don't know what I'll do. I've had anger problems all my life and once again, another situation arises to test me. I really need the Lord's strength on this.

CoffeeCat
Nov 10th 2008, 04:54 AM
Jeremy, praying for you, and for the anger you feel. :pray: I'll keep praying. I'm so glad you're seeking the Lord's strength on this.

IMINXTC
Nov 10th 2008, 05:40 AM
Praying for wisdom for you Jeremy, and thanking the Lord for giving you the grace to win this battle as you obviously have.

Paying also for this fellow.:)

Ashley274
Nov 12th 2008, 07:15 AM
Praying for the issues that cause the anger ......and how to not sin when angry.....

Frances
Nov 12th 2008, 05:36 PM
Congratulations! I'm sure you pleased the Lord (Psalm 4:4-5) by your self-control.

:pray: for His Strength so you continue to offer the Lord the 'sacrifice of righteousness' . . . .

xspinningisfun
Nov 12th 2008, 06:28 PM
Hey! The cause of all anger is mostly hurt. That might not be the case in your situation, but that's what I have learned.

I will keep you in my thoughts!
:)

Colo25
Nov 12th 2008, 08:37 PM
Keeping you in my prayers :pray: and joining Frances in rejoicing at your self control.:pp Praying for a better bowling night, next week. :pray:

karenoka27
Nov 12th 2008, 08:57 PM
Father, I bring Jeremy before You and ask that You would help him in this situation. Lord You tell us to go to the person when they have done something wrong. Clearly this man had no right to talk to Jeremy's mother this way. Since this man claims to be a Christian it is proper to bring this to his attention. Lord go before Jeremy, give him the strength and the words he needs to resolve this. Also give him a forgiving heart, that they might move on from this matter.
In Jesus Name, amen

Redneck Charger
Nov 13th 2008, 02:43 PM
Jesus.. Please help here to teach of anger problems.. Please Jesus..:pray:

Truthseeker60
Nov 13th 2008, 04:24 PM
only respond to a BASEBALL BAT.........LOLOLOL just kidding.

I have a son who has an anger problem and it has ruined his life, and ours.

REMEMBER THIS: "There is another way to go through life other than KICKING AND SCREAMING".

RISE ABOVE HIM, but definitely REBUKE HIM.......he needs that...othewise you enable him to continue in his SIN that will lead to death eternally.

STRIFE, ENVY, FITS OF RAGE, DIVISON, DISCORD, JEALOUSY......it's the sinful nature that Galatians says will NOT EVER ENTER THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

REAL LOVE ( for one's soul ) 'confronts' real sin and encourges one to turn from it before it destroys them..............IN LOVE. Don't be ENSNARED. Let NO MAN TAKE YOUR CROWN even if you have to give up the relationship. Do not be unequally yoked. What a man says is not necessarily WHAT HE IS. FRUIT !

One can sit in the garage for a week, but it doesn't make him a car you see. So is Christianity...........just saying you are one, doesn't make you one........it's living it out as Christ told us to with the FRUIT that proves one has truly been made into a NEW CREATION and OVERCOMER OF SIN.