PDA

View Full Version : Something CRAZY I wanted to run past you ladies!

CoffeeCat
Nov 10th 2008, 05:09 AM
This is crazy in a wonderful way, and I think it'll work.

My fiance and I were planning a spring wedding.... but we've realized that, chances are, we'll BOTH be running around with job related stuff then, and we REALLY wanted a wedding in cooler weather. So..... we're getting married on December 23rd of this year.

It seems to have worked out REALLY well.... amazingly well....

- We've both prayed about it, are totally comfortable with it, and want it to go forward this soon.
- We've spoken to our respective pastors, Christian friends and family members, and we have support!
- I fit perfectly into my mom's wedding dress.
- My pastor back home is absolutely free on December 23rd, and EVERYONE we want there will be in the city because it's Christmastime.
- All 4 of our grandparents will, God willing, be present and able to see everything happen. (My grandma is currently very sick, his has alzheimers... neither of us wanted to wait much longer.)
- My grandparents have a nice sized house. Not huge, but very open. We're doing a small buffet/reception thing there, and it'll look wonderful all decorated for Christmas.
- I'm not due back here at school until January 6th, so the two of us can have more than a week together.
- His job can transfer him closer to me so we can spend every weekend together.
- ALL of our parents are off or available that day (Dec 23), and a LOT of the week before, to help. My dad oddly enough took the week before Christmas off work "because he felt like it" (he never does) and my mom says she can get a good bit of it off. His parents are also more or less free.
- I love the date because the 23rd of every month is our "month-a-versary".
- Not that I'd base everything on this, but with family being so wonderful and us keeping everything really low-key.... the cost is MUCH lower than we thought.

All that's left right now is an insane amount of paperwork, updated everything, and then the countdown!

What do you ladies think? Am I NUTS to be getting married in a month and a half? ;)

Bethany67
Nov 10th 2008, 07:32 AM
Nope - go for it!

daughter
Nov 10th 2008, 09:03 AM
It sounds perfect. When Neil and I got married we did it quickly... in fact, six weeks after we decided. So, a month and a half has the thumbs up from me. :D (No thumbs up sign, what's up with that?)

Rocking horse
Nov 10th 2008, 10:28 AM
How wonderfully romantic and exciting and fun and just...WOW....:pp

I'm so very very happy for you....sounds just perfect to me....

Ninna
Nov 10th 2008, 07:32 PM
Not crazy at all! Go for it!!

Jeanne D
Nov 10th 2008, 08:22 PM
It sounds like this is the right time for the two of you to get married.
Everything is in place (pretty much).
Go for it and God bless you both!

Jeanne:hug:

karenoka27
Nov 10th 2008, 08:27 PM
http://www.getentrepreneurial.com/images/thumbs-up.jpg
A man's hand in the women's well! I'm reporting this!

I'm excited for you.:hug:

moonglow
Nov 10th 2008, 08:30 PM
I think that is great! I am SO happy for you....:hug: I never thought long engagements were a good idea...alot of stress actually. So yea..go for it! yahoo! :pp:pp

Takes tons of pictures and post them on here!!! :lol::lol:

God bless

CoffeeCat
Nov 11th 2008, 02:34 AM
Awwwww, thanks ladies! :D :hug: I am SO excited. I was talking to my fiance tonight and the first thing he blurted out was "EEEEE YAY I GET TO MARRY YOU SOON!" :lol: The girls on my floor officially think I'm a melted mushpot.... and they're right!

melbel816
Nov 11th 2008, 03:05 AM
Nope! We moved ours up 6 months - got married in April and had our reception in October. We are SO happy that we did - I can't imagine having had to wait 6 more months to live with him and call him my husband! It sounds like you are ready - and the quicker, less planned event was much nicer for us!

CoffeeCat
Nov 11th 2008, 03:20 AM
Nope! We moved ours up 6 months - got married in April and had our reception in October. We are SO happy that we did - I can't imagine having had to wait 6 more months to live with him and call him my husband! It sounds like you are ready - and the quicker, less planned event was much nicer for us!

:) that's really good to know. I have NEVER wanted a huge wedding. And neither does he. We're just having our families and closest friends attend. There will be 30 or 40 people there, and that's it. And that's exactly the perfect number for us. We're definitely ready. I can't wait to call him my husband.

flybaby
Nov 11th 2008, 03:24 AM
We did it - married 6 weeks after we got engaged. It really wasn't that difficult. Many people these days put way too much thought/work into their wedding and not enough into their marriage. Yes, that one day is special, but it is the rest of your lives together that really matter!

Best Wishes!!!

propheticdreams
Nov 11th 2008, 05:22 AM
Aww that sounds wonderful! *isnt married yet* When God tells you that he is the one.. GO FOR IT! lol...

Rocking horse
Nov 11th 2008, 01:04 PM

That's an interesting concept...married in April and reception in October...

Did you wear your wedding dress to the reception ???? Or was it just like an ordinary party.

I've never heard of a delayed reception before.......interesting

LadyinWaiting
Nov 11th 2008, 04:20 PM
We had a second reception (no cake or wedding attire though) in Iowa since most of his family couldn't make it to the wedding in November. We did that in December when we were up there for New Year's.

I think the whole city of Rock Rapids showed up for it! There were SO many people to meet.

Rocking horse
Nov 11th 2008, 09:33 PM
We had a second reception (no cake or wedding attire though) in Iowa since most of his family couldn't make it to the wedding in November. We did that in December when we were up there for New Year's.

I think the whole city of Rock Rapids showed up for it! There were SO many people to meet.

What a lovely idea, then no one missed out....sort of :-)

But did you have a FIRST reception straight after the wedding ceremony ??

cnw
Nov 12th 2008, 03:35 AM
I think it is great, but what is with the him being gone every week except weekends. That stinks!!! What is his accountability look like? Hate to say that, but it is a good thing to talk about...now instead of in 3 years hindsite.
short engagements are the best. how exciting.

CoffeeCat
Nov 12th 2008, 11:55 PM
I think it is great, but what is with the him being gone every week except weekends. That stinks!!! What is his accountability look like? Hate to say that, but it is a good thing to talk about...now instead of in 3 years hindsite.
short engagements are the best. how exciting.

I'm at teacher's college in a small town there are no jobs for him in. He's working and saving money up for us in our hometown, but they're able to transfer him to a big city not far from me. :) So I get to at least be with him as much as possible. In terms of accountability.... we're both blessed that way. Neither of us have had issues that way, which I am grateful for. We've definitely talked about everything, but then again we've been going out for more than 4 years.

I agree, short engagements are fun... and exciting. :lol: