PDA

View Full Version : Discussion A Sober Reality

third hero
Nov 10th 2008, 09:11 AM
Who didn't pay attention to the election on November 4th? Well, I did, and here is my observation. When it was apparent that Barak Obama won the election, the victor went on to the stage in Chicago. The speech he gave was moving, so much that I had found myself repeating the phrase of that night, "yes we can".

Now before you get on the "Obama is the AntiChrist" bandwagon, I would like to tell you that I voted for him.

And so, while I was watching Obama on the stage, giving an uplifting speech about how we can overcome all of the problems that this country faces, a thought popped into my mind.

The thought was this:

Is it possible for one person to be like by so many in the world that he could irreversibly change the world? Is there a person in the modern age that can cause so many people with all of their differences to band together for a cause, even one that is nothing short of rebellion against God?

When I watched, and joined in emotionally with the speech of President elect Obama, a sober reality hit me squarely in the face. Here's I'll preface my thought with this scripture.

And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who [is] like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him? -Revelation 13:4

People gathered around the White House when Obama was elected. The world cheered as one man gained the position of the most powerful office in the world. Even the president of Iran congratulated him on his success. People were in the streets, chanting "Obama, Obama" while others were driving their cars, honking them so loud that whole neighborhoods were awaken from their slumber.

Yes, we have shown great progress as a nation. Yes, we have finally broken the color barrier in the highest office in the land. Yes, we have finally reached a turning point in our history, and Barak Obama now stands as the shining star of not only the Black community, but of our entire nation.

But there is another yes that I have to add. Yes, it is very possible for one man to captivate the hopes and dreams of the entire world, and seduce them to his cause, even if it meant absolute rebellion against God.

In America, we face great challenges today. We are fighting two wars, fighting against people for the sake of others who would not take up arms to fight along with us for themselves. We are in the process of seeing the greatest economic collapse since the Great Depression era. We are seeing our children being spoiled and seduced into sin by our institutions we call public schools. We are witnessing corruption in the churches that is seriously comparable to the Dark ages of Europe.

And with all of that, one man was easily elected, with the "Hope" that he can change things around for all of us.

This is the sobering truth. When humanity is faced with trials that brings them to the breaking point, it is easy for anyone, let alone someone with the powers of a god, to rise up out of the blue, sweep humanity off of their collective feet, and usher them into destruction.

Am I saying that Barak Obama is that man. Not in the least. According to my research, a war far more massive than the ones we are fighting has to happen before "That Man" can come to power. No, I am not saying that Barak Obama is the Beast. (Personally, I find it offensive for anyone to call OBama the Beast, even though he has the charisma that the Beast must have in order to seduce the world.) What I am saying is this, if we are so swayed by issues as minor as a global economic cleansing and wars against terrorists that one man who was a virtual unknown can rise to the pinnacle of success in just four years, then we ought not to be surprised that the true Beast, the real AntiChrist, will be able to do the same thing, 6 months faster than Obama.

Kudo Shinichi
Nov 10th 2008, 09:56 AM
It's kind of interesting but a sober reality about Barak Obama...;) don't know what he is going to do next...

third hero
Nov 10th 2008, 05:32 PM
I do not believe that we have to worry about Obama for now. In fact, I believe that he might become a good president. What makes me worry is the simple fact that it is easy for the world to turn on a dime and accept someone who will proclaiom himself to be it's savior.

Here is what my research discovered. If I am correct, then the covenant with many that the ruler of the people who destroyed Jerusalem and her temple will be confirmed right after a period of time when a massive war will consume 1/3rd of mankind. The one who ends that war will be hailed as a "messiah", sort of like OBama with America's problems. Instead, the effects of the one who who ends Big Bang will be far reaching, even global. This man will be praised, much like Churchill and Roosevelt during World War II. Altyhough this time, the man in question will be the Beast, the absolute enemy of God.

If this election is any indication, then the world is just about set for their king to show up. All they need in order to accept the Beast is for the trumpets to blow, from the first one to the sixth. This election has proved to me that the end times are very close, and the Lord may in fact return in my lifetime.

theBelovedDisciple
Nov 10th 2008, 06:51 PM
I noticed that same thing with all those 'people' .. all so 'amazed' and 'mesmorized' with this man... the reality is that many were 'worshipping' him.... You could see it in their eyes and their actions..

What you saw in Chicago was just a pre-cursor or a foreshadowing of a coming event in the future when the man of sin comes center stage along with his side kick.. the false prophet.. He will come as a man of peace but it will be a devious disguise.. and he will come with the working of Satan with all 'power', 'sign's and lying wonders... decieving the masses... it will be so devious that they will be able to call fire down from heaven in front of the masses.. many from this situation will believe that he is the promised messiah.. they will all claim its from 'God'... and worship this man..... I believe these two imposters will decieve the masses into believeing you can create your own 'heaven' on earth without Heaven coming from Heaven...'you can become 'like' God or become a 'little god'.. which is the oldest lie in the universe....... this type of belief and teaching is very prevalent today in many so called 'christian ministries'....... you either have Heaven inside you with Jesus the Christ or you don't have Him at all.. and yes He is RETURNING.. physically and literally to this earth

those who have the TRUTH in them will not be decieved and they will not be ignorant of these end time events as they play out 'center stage'......

looking4jesus
Nov 10th 2008, 07:28 PM
Who didn't pay attention to the election on November 4th? Well, I did, and here is my observation. When it was apparent that Barak Obama won the election, the victor went on to the stage in Chicago. The speech he gave was moving, so much that I had found myself repeating the phrase of that night, "yes we can".

Now before you get on the "Obama is the AntiChrist" bandwagon, I would like to tell you that I voted for him.

And so, while I was watching Obama on the stage, giving an uplifting speech about how we can overcome all of the problems that this country faces, a thought popped into my mind.

The thought was this:

Is it possible for one person to be like by so many in the world that he could irreversibly change the world? Is there a person in the modern age that can cause so many people with all of their differences to band together for a cause, even one that is nothing short of rebellion against God?

When I watched, and joined in emotionally with the speech of President elect Obama, a sober reality hit me squarely in the face. Here's I'll preface my thought with this scripture.

And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who [is] like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him? -Revelation 13:4

People gathered around the White House when Obama was elected. The world cheered as one man gained the position of the most powerful office in the world. Even the president of Iran congratulated him on his success. People were in the streets, chanting "Obama, Obama" while others were driving their cars, honking them so loud that whole neighborhoods were awaken from their slumber.

Yes, we have shown great progress as a nation. Yes, we have finally broken the color barrier in the highest office in the land. Yes, we have finally reached a turning point in our history, and Barak Obama now stands as the shining star of not only the Black community, but of our entire nation.

But there is another yes that I have to add. Yes, it is very possible for one man to captivate the hopes and dreams of the entire world, and seduce them to his cause, even if it meant absolute rebellion against God.

In America, we face great challenges today. We are fighting two wars, fighting against people for the sake of others who would not take up arms to fight along with us for themselves. We are in the process of seeing the greatest economic collapse since the Great Depression era. We are seeing our children being spoiled and seduced into sin by our institutions we call public schools. We are witnessing corruption in the churches that is seriously comparable to the Dark ages of Europe.

And with all of that, one man was easily elected, with the "Hope" that he can change things around for all of us.

This is the sobering truth. When humanity is faced with trials that brings them to the breaking point, it is easy for anyone, let alone someone with the powers of a god, to rise up out of the blue, sweep humanity off of their collective feet, and usher them into destruction.

Am I saying that Barak Obama is that man. Not in the least. According to my research, a war far more massive than the ones we are fighting has to happen before "That Man" can come to power. No, I am not saying that Barak Obama is the Beast. (Personally, I find it offensive for anyone to call OBama the Beast, even though he has the charisma that the Beast must have in order to seduce the world.) What I am saying is this, if we are so swayed by issues as minor as a global economic cleansing and wars against terrorists that one man who was a virtual unknown can rise to the pinnacle of success in just four years, then we ought not to be surprised that the true Beast, the real AntiChrist, will be able to do the same thing, 6 months faster than Obama.

Someone said this..and I agree..

Our nation has just elected the most pro-abortion, pro-homosexual, anti-Capitalist, and anti-Israel president in our history. In short, God has given us the kind of leader that we deserve � the kind we have been begging for. The new President now has the power to put his radical secular imprint upon this nation for decades to come through the appointment of activist liberals to the Supreme Court. I fear that our nation has been irrevocably changed for the worse.

So why would you vote for him as a Christian.
No disrespect but very curious.
God Bless
Randy

third hero
Nov 10th 2008, 07:57 PM
Someone said this..and I agree..

Our nation has just elected the most pro-abortion, pro-homosexual, anti-Capitalist, and anti-Israel president in our history. In short, God has given us the kind of leader that we deserve � the kind we have been begging for. The new President now has the power to put his radical secular imprint upon this nation for decades to come through the appointment of activist liberals to the Supreme Court. I fear that our nation has been irrevocably changed for the worse.

So why would you vote for him as a Christian.
No disrespect but very curious.
God Bless
Randy

Why did I vote for him? Why not? It was my choice and no matter what happens, I will not regret my decision, just like I did not regret electing George W. Bush. And as we can see, although Bush was a hardliner when it came to dealing with the terrorists of the world, his economic policies were less than stellar.

Our nation is going to side with the enemy, I hope you realize that. Revelation makes it clear that the entire world will hunt us down, seeking either our conversions or our heads. I am not about to fight against the coming tidal wave.

In truth, the whole idea of this thread is not to argue the whos and whys. This thread is basically created as an example of what is to come, when the true Beast arises.

looking4jesus
Nov 10th 2008, 08:03 PM
Why did I vote for him? Why not? It was my choice and no matter what happens, I will not regret my decision, just like I did not regret electing George W. Bush. And as we can see, although Bush was a hardliner when it came to dealing with the terrorists of the world, his economic policies were less than stellar.

Our nation is going to side with the enemy, I hope you realize that. Revelation makes it clear that the entire world will hunt us down, seeking either our conversions or our heads. I am not about to fight against the coming tidal wave.

In truth, the whole idea of this thread is not to argue the whos and whys. This thread is basically created as an example of what is to come, when the true Beast arises.

Dear friend,

I am not seeking a debate here. I find your answer though interesting to say the least.
BTW I am a beliver in the pre-trib Rapture so I have no fear about me head being cut off when that time comes the chruch Christ bride wil be in heaven.
Of course your millage wil vary
God Bless you
Randy

quiet dove
Nov 10th 2008, 08:50 PM
History has already proven that a person can come along and gather the masses. This should not come as a surprise, especially since the Bible says there is one coming who will do just that. You and I are probably to young to remember this phenomena having happened in the past.

When you consider the delusion that the masses will be under when the AC does step up to take his place on the scene, we should have no doubt that it will happen rather easily.

Back2Front
Nov 10th 2008, 09:06 PM
I choose God.

1 Samuel 8

Matthew 27:15-26

looking4jesus
Nov 10th 2008, 09:07 PM
History has already proven that a person can come along and gather the masses. This should not come as a surprise, especially since the Bible says there is one coming who will do just that. You and I are probably to young to remember this phenomena having happened in the past.

When you consider the delusion that the masses will be under when the AC does step up to take his place on the scene, we should have no doubt that it will happen rather easily.

Amen quiet dove,

A year or so ago I was living in Panama. There are a lot of expats living in Panama now as it became the country to move to for a while.
While I was there I ran into some older people there that were in their teens in Germany when Hilter came to power. I know this may sound strange but made perfect sense to me when they told me the reason they moved out of the US was because they saw the same type of warning signs that personally witness in Germany. I am wondering now what they would say about our new President elect. I always feel that when I talk to older people like this that some sharing of real wisdom is taking place.
God Bless
Randy

moonglow
Nov 10th 2008, 09:23 PM
A couple of thoughts...I have never read in the bible the beast will be charismatic and have a likable personality...I have heard tons of people say this though...I think that is assuming too much. When we look closely at the scriptures regarding the beast we see people amazed because of the miracles he does! Not one word is said about him being likable...(if its even a person...some disagree on that)

If you study those that did have alot of power over people in the bible and in history...fear was the number one ruler...not likability. They are yes powerful confident people surrounded by people carrying weapons...who isn't going to salute...:rolleyes:

Look at the passages on the beast:

Revelation 13
The Beast out of the Sea
1 Then I saw a beast rising up out of the sea. It had seven heads and ten horns, with ten crowns on its horns. And written on each head were names that blasphemed God. 2 This beast looked like a leopard, but it had the feet of a bear and the mouth of a lion! And the dragon gave the beast his own power and throne and great authority.

3 I saw that one of the heads of the beast seemed wounded beyond recovery—but the fatal wound was healed! The whole world marveled at this miracle and gave allegiance to the beast. 4 They worshiped the dragon for giving the beast such power, and they also worshiped the beast. “Who is as great as the beast?” they exclaimed. “Who is able to fight against him?”

5 Then the beast was allowed to speak great blasphemies against God. And he was given authority to do whatever he wanted for forty-two months. 6 And he spoke terrible words of blasphemy against God, slandering his name and his dwelling—that is, those who dwell in heaven. 7 And the beast was allowed to wage war against God’s holy people and to conquer them. And he was given authority to rule over every tribe and people and language and nation. 8 And all the people who belong to this world worshiped the beast. They are the ones whose names were not written in the Book of Life before the world was made—the Book that belongs to the Lamb who was slaughtered.

First we see satan gives him power...second he suffers a head wound then recovery...he also does other miracles...the world likes him and follows him because of the miracles. Doesn't say he is nice at all let alone likeable. In fact the people say “Who is as great as the beast?” they exclaimed. “Who is able to fight against him?” in that passage. Why would war even be mentioned if everyone liked him? Nothing is said about the saints trying to go to war against him...so its not referring to us. It does say the beast will go to war against the saints. But apparently some don't like him but are too afraid to go to war with him. It also says ALL authority is given to him over all the nation...

People read into this thinking the whole world will just think he is so great their leaders just hand their power over to him but I am just not reading it that way. I read imitation, fear and for some they do marvel after him because of the miracles. I would say he holds some power so great no one dares go up against him...that does not mean he is likable at all though. It just means he is holding the big guns, much like dictators do.

What else really disturbs me is comments like this:
theBelovedDisciple I noticed that same thing with all those 'people' .. all so 'amazed' and 'mesmorized' with this man... the reality is that many were 'worshipping' him.... You could see it in their eyes and their actions..

I have seen a number of comments like this throughout the internet and am truly sadden so much was read into the reaction of the people happy he won. This WAS a historical making moment! It was truly moving to so many because it broke the barrier blacks have been under for so long. When some of them had grandparents who were slaves...some were beaten during the civil rights movements. When we read what the slaves went through..the horrors they endured...and the American civil war over slavery...and their fight to be treated as a human being and not an animal...they have overcome so much. Martin Luther King jrs, dream was finally realized. So yea..it was a huge, huge moment for so many! So yea they got teary eyed and they cried with joy and they were all deeply moved.

It was a historical making moment and it breaks my heart that this moment has to be tarnish by comments like this. It dampens the the joy these black people felt with things like this. If you want to make some comparison...I could think of many other examples that wouldn't hurt others like this. I would recommend people check out the TV series of Roots (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roots_(novel))that came out in the '70's. Its quite an eye opener for many both blacks and whites as to how far they have come.

Of course this wasn't the only reason they were so happy to see Obama win...we are involved in two wars, our economy has tanked, job loses by the millions...people protesting the war...on and on and on...people want change for the better...can't say I blame them either. While I didn't vote for Obama because I don't agree with his stance on some major issues I also didn't vote for McCain as he would have done the same stuff Bush was doing which wasn't good.

God bless

third hero
Nov 11th 2008, 01:54 AM
Dear friend,

I am not seeking a debate here. I find your answer though interesting to say the least.
BTW I am a beliver in the pre-trib Rapture so I have no fear about me head being cut off when that time comes the chruch Christ bride wil be in heaven.
Of course your millage wil vary
God Bless you
Randy

Here is your answer. I am an African American. Simply put. Now can we get along with the topic at hand?

gpmosely
Nov 11th 2008, 02:20 AM
In response to your question if it is possible for one man to do so...

the answer is yes.

Look at Hitler.

He was one of those types.

Look at Ceaser Agustus from Rome

Do I think that Obama is bad? Nah. I think he may start going towards the center soon. Who knows. We'll just have to watch and see.

Kudo Shinichi
Nov 11th 2008, 11:21 AM
http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/detaylar.do?load=detay&link=158213&bolum=101
The strangest thing was why do they sacrifice 44 sheep in Van???

moonglow
Nov 11th 2008, 03:04 PM
http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/detaylar.do?load=detay&link=158213&bolum=101
The strangest thing was why do they sacrifice 44 sheep in Van???

If Obama had asked them to do this, then I would be concerned....they are excited because of him having a muslim father and a muslim name. In Kena, where his dad lived, they are naming their new born babies after him...:rolleyes:

I have heard of people doing that before..naming their babies after certain popular people... its not unheard of.

The difference (so far) in all of this is compared to for instance Nero the ruler of Rome, is that Nero demanded such things...only worse actually and Obama is not even remotely asking these things be done in his behalf. Alot of this is all based on his race...from that article you posted:

Kulaz said Obama's election was a "proof of an end to racism in the world."

People in parts of Africa especially, are being slaughtered by the hundreds of thousands simple because of their ethic group. To them they see Obama as hope in stopping such horrors...that if the 'great nation of America' can accept a man like him of mixed race, it will help overcome racism and stop the blood shed. I can't say I blame them. If your home was burnt to the ground, your family killed before you and you had to live in a refuge camp that was dangerous...you would be grasping for any chance of things getting better too.

The same thing is happening among the Muslims too...fighting and killing solely due to some minor ethic difference.

God bless

manichunter
Nov 11th 2008, 03:51 PM
those who have the TRUTH in them will not be decieved and they will not be ignorant of these end time events as they play out 'center stage'......

Do you mind I add that the ones without the truth in them or disobey the truth, will be the enemy of those who obey the truth............ This is the part I hate right now.

manichunter
Nov 11th 2008, 03:54 PM
Why did I vote for him? Why not? It was my choice and no matter what happens, I will not regret my decision, just like I did not regret electing George W. Bush. .

Did you say this out of pride?

manichunter
Nov 11th 2008, 04:08 PM
Here is your answer. I am an African American. Simply put. Now can we get along with the topic at hand?

Does it matter that the world still considers you an African American or do you still consider yourself an Afro American.

I know it is hard to get past the past, when behold all things have become new.

I was born an African American and I still look the part as you see. The world and most saints still treat me according to the flesh both intellectually and emotionally. They regard me according to the flesh bottomline. This is not a reality I can escape if I am subjected to it by eternal means, but I should not live it anymore by choice or will.

I to was moved emotionally by his win, though I voted for McCain (with my eyes closed). However, I had to check myself as I notice my carnal man lurking to live and be apart of my new existence. I know it is hard to live in this duality of still being considered black which is a carnal thing, but trying to live as a new creature that is not bound by things such as race which is spiritual. So, I am not being funny or condemning but offering a glimspe of what I went through as an African America.

I simply ask people one question when the election comes up.

Did you vote your with spiritual convictions out front or did you vote according to your personal preferances?

Kudo Shinichi
Nov 11th 2008, 04:17 PM
I just realize it's just too weird cause there are news that occults is increasing after he was elected.

Did you say this out of pride?