PDA

View Full Version : Pray for me !!!

chrisa5
Nov 10th 2008, 04:34 PM
Recently, I started re-attending the church I grew up in. I was saved when I was a teenager and in my late teens/early 20s, I drifted away from the Lord for many years. Before that happened, I felt that there was a calling on my life to preach. When I was younger, my pastor would let my preach quite often and my ministry was growing as I was speaking at other churches at youth revivals and seeing a few people saved and other things. I always felt guilty about leaving my ministry and my walk with God and for years felt like I would never be worthy enough to go back to it. About 3 years ago I went back to church and gave my life back to the Lord and my wife got saved. We did alot of growing in that church, but recently I felt that God was leading me back to my old church so I went. Well, yesterday, the pastor asked me if I would be interested in speaking and I said I would so I am scheduled to speak at this church at the end of the month. I believe that God opened this door, but now that I'm older, I don't want to mess it up like I did in my younger days. I want Him to use me the way He sees fit, for His glory and not mine. I covet everyone's prayers that I would have the wisdom to listen to God and the Holy Spirit that I would have the message that He would have me to give. I'm nervous because it's been nearly 20 years since I've done this. But I don't want it to be me doing it, but God working and speaking through me. Please pray for me.

Frances
Nov 10th 2008, 04:56 PM
:) a pleasure to pray as you ask.

I know that as you give His Message His Way the Lord will be speaking to folk through you. Your life experiences will make you a better preacher now than you would have been 20 years ago.

chrisa5
Nov 10th 2008, 05:00 PM
:) a pleasure to pray as you ask.

I know that as you give His Message His Way the Lord will be speaking to folk through you. Your life experiences will make you a better preacher now than you would have been 20 years ago.

Thank you very much for praying for me. I hope that I can use what I've been through to help people. Maybe that will keep somebody from doing some of the mistakes I made.

jsph110
Nov 10th 2008, 09:57 PM
Thankyou God because this is an example of what you said that none that you are able to keep us from stumbling and present us blameless b4 the throne. thanks for you said that none that The Father has give you shall be taken away from your hand.
Guide, teach him and instruct Chrisa on what way to go. Put your words in Chrisa's mouth and you do your work in Chrisa and not Chrisa. in Jesus' name i pray. amen.

Ashley274
Nov 11th 2008, 07:23 AM
praying with and for you :pray::pray::hug:

chrisa5
Nov 11th 2008, 01:51 PM
Thank you all for your prayers and thank you God because I know that You will give me the words to say and that there will be results. Thank You Lord.