PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice: I have a very tuff question for you to help me answer

beverlyc
Nov 11th 2008, 01:33 AM
I have thought long and hard about wheather or not to put this on the board,afraid that I might offend someone and I decided that this is the one place that I will get the help I need to answer a question for my Daughter. She has had some concerns and I frankly don't know how to answer her. Please don't take offense at this letter, I just need some help in answering her and I don't feel like I can give her the best answer to this email. Again, please don't take this the wrong way, I'm just looking for help right now.
Good Morning,
You may think I am nuts but I wanted to share something. The other day when we were talking (me and Shirley) about the Anti-Christ and stuff, I said if it is not barak obama, it is probably Oprah Winfrey. She built a church called NEW EARTH. She has publicy denied that Jesus Christ is the Saviour, that he began Christianity and that there are Millions of ways to find God, including through charity, good deeds, etc.
I watched a video last night, just randomly looking through Youtube and found this.

http://www. youtube. com/watch?v=d7vh5LJjJhc (http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vd3d3LnlvdXR1YmUuY29tL3dhdGNoP3Y9ZDd2aD VMSmpKaGM=)
The video is kind of funny the way he talks but..
You have to actually watch the whole thing in order to get the jest of the video but I was reading the other day about the rapture and anti christ and stuff and found this
The Bible even gives some clues about his personal characteristics. The prophet Daniel wrote that the Antichrist "does not regard the desire of women." This could imply that he is either celibate or a homosexual...or a woman.

Oprah is a billionaire and has millions of followers. Who knows. If she isn't, she is making a way for the anti christ by denying Christ and with all of the middle age, stay at home mom's that religiously watch her show, she is leading them astray too.

Literalist-Luke
Nov 11th 2008, 01:43 AM
No offense taken here, don't worry. :)

Oprah cannot be the antichrist for several reasons. First of all, the Bible does specify that the antichrist is a man. I understand the email's point about the "desire of women" thing, but that is hardly sufficient for discounting the Bible's multiple references to the words "man" or "son", all of which are in the male gender. There are some women leaders in the Bible, such as the judge Deborah, and the Bible does not hesitate to name them as women, so if the Antichrist was going to be a woman, the pattern we see in the Bible is that we would have been specifically told of it.

In addition, this person is said to be an "assyrian", plus this person is clearly described as having a career that is political/military in nature.

This person is also said to make an attempt to annihilate all Jews and Christians from the face of the earth, to the point that even Hitler's Holocaust will seem like a warm-up act. That hardly sounds like the universal "love" theme that Oprah preaches so much.

So, I understand where the email's author is coming from, but there are just too may details in the Bible that are required of the Antichrist that Oprah doesn't match.

DaveS
Nov 11th 2008, 01:50 AM
I agree with LL. Oprah is a very powerful, very influential non-believer. But the world is filled with powerful, influential non-believers and always has been. There are many sinful men, but the "man of sin" is a specific person about whom the Bible has a lot to say. And Oprah just doesn't fit the bill. (Nor does Barach Obama for what it's worth.)

gpmosely
Nov 11th 2008, 02:00 AM
I have thought long and hard about wheather or not to put this on the board,afraid that I might offend someone and I decided that this is the one place that I will get the help I need to answer a question for my Daughter. She has had some concerns and I frankly don't know how to answer her. Please don't take offense at this letter, I just need some help in answering her and I don't feel like I can give her the best answer to this email. Again, please don't take this the wrong way, I'm just looking for help right now.
Good Morning,
You may think I am nuts but I wanted to share something. The other day when we were talking (me and Shirley) about the Anti-Christ and stuff, I said if it is not barak obama, it is probably Oprah Winfrey. She built a church called NEW EARTH. She has publicy denied that Jesus Christ is the Saviour, that he began Christianity and that there are Millions of ways to find God, including through charity, good deeds, etc.
I watched a video last night, just randomly looking through Youtube and found this.

http://www. youtube. com/watch?v=d7vh5LJjJhc (http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vd3d3LnlvdXR1YmUuY29tL3dhdGNoP3Y9ZDd2aD VMSmpKaGM=)
The video is kind of funny the way he talks but..
You have to actually watch the whole thing in order to get the jest of the video but I was reading the other day about the rapture and anti christ and stuff and found this
The Bible even gives some clues about his personal characteristics. The prophet Daniel wrote that the Antichrist "does not regard the desire of women." This could imply that he is either celibate or a homosexual...or a woman.

Oprah is a billionaire and has millions of followers. Who knows. If she isn't, she is making a way for the anti christ by denying Christ and with all of the middle age, stay at home mom's that religiously watch her show, she is leading them astray too.

No offense taken here either.

I agree with Luke. I do think that Oprah has a lot of influence. Barack does too but he's not the anti christ either.

BUT, regarding the endtimes, I do believe we are in them, but I don't believe in the rapture. I don't think the rapture will happen (Sorry for those who do believe in it) but I do know that the anti christ- is actually the instead of christ- which means not Christ and therefore I think will be Satan. Satan is supernatural and will convince a lot of followers into thinking he is Christ when he is not. People will be very upset when Jesus comes and they realize they got taken for a ride.

There is this verse in the Bible that goes "He who shall be first, shall be last" and I take it to mean that he who comes first is Satan and he who comes next is Christ himself.

SO what does all this mean?

Well In Revelation it talks about a 4 headed beast: I believe they are political, religious, education and something else (I can't remember)

All of this has to be put into place for the end times to begin and it's all clearly written out if we rightly divide the bible, some is in Daniel, some is in Ezekial, some is in Revelations etc.

But what your daughter needs to realize is that just because someone doesn't say Jesus Christ is Lord doesn't make them bad. It just makes them politically correct. That's what Oprah's appeal is, she talks of love, understanding etc and is informational and that's her market. Her gift that she is using.

The influence that the anti christ will have is going to be very subtle to convince a lot of people and mostly the ones that are christians to believing whatever it is the anti christ wants them to believe.

We won't know who it is until the Anti Christ stands in the temple of Jerusalem proclaiming he is Jesus. Thus giving the decent etc that Luke described below

HTHS and hope I didn't go too off tangent but that's how I would answer the e-mail :)

threebigrocks
Nov 11th 2008, 02:02 AM
Well we do know this.

1 John 2
17The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever. 18Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared; from this we know that it is the last hour.

There will be plenty of those who will lead astray. Is Oprah doing true Christianity any good? No. New Earth is what God creates after the one we know now is destroyed. Oprah is just another self appointed preacher of their own truth.

The rest is all speculation. We will not know who it is until the antichrist that so many are looking for sits down in Jerusalem on the throne and declaires himself to be the one and only god. Until then - it's all talk and guessing.

Where is the characteristic that says the antichrist will no desire for women?

Also, the video won't play, it was taken down by My Space as a bad link or spam. That right there says a lot. Someone is trying to mess people up by feeding on their fear and paranoia of who the antichrist is. Either it was harmless spam or a lot of computers got goofed up.

BroRog
Nov 11th 2008, 02:14 AM
Daniel 11:37

He will show no regard for the gods of his fathers or for the desire of women, nor will he show regard for any other god; for he will magnify himself above them all.

Genesis 3:16

To the woman He said,
"I will greatly multiply
Your pain in childbirth,
In pain you will bring forth children;
Yet your desire will be for your husband,
And he will rule over you."

gpmosely
Nov 11th 2008, 02:15 AM
Well we do know this.

1 John 2
17The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever. 18Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared; from this we know that it is the last hour.

There will be plenty of those who will lead astray. Is Oprah doing true Christianity any good? No. New Earth is what God creates after the one we know now is destroyed. Oprah is just another self appointed preacher of their own truth.

The rest is all speculation. We will not know who it is until the antichrist that so many are looking for sits down in Jerusalem on the throne and declaires himself to be the one and only god. Until then - it's all talk and guessing.

Where is the characteristic that says the antichrist will no desire for women?

Also, the video won't play, it was taken down by My Space as a bad link or spam. That right there says a lot. Someone is trying to mess people up by feeding on their fear and paranoia of who the antichrist is. Either it was harmless spam or a lot of computers got goofed up.

Very well said! :)

beverlyc
Nov 11th 2008, 02:38 AM
Thank you all for your replies. I just sent this link to my Daughter so she can read them all.
Beverly

Kudo Shinichi
Nov 11th 2008, 02:57 PM
Well, she isn't the antiChrist, but as a TV host, I feel so ashamed whenever she says she is a Christian!!! She doen't really follows what the Bible teaches and acknowledge the LORD Jesus Christ as the savior of the world (John 3:16). It's true that:
Isaiah 44:25 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=29&chapter=44&verse=25&version=31&context=verse)
who foils the signs of false prophets and makes fools of diviners, who overthrows the learning of the wise and turns it into nonsense,
Jeremiah 14:14 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=30&chapter=14&verse=14&version=31&context=verse)
Then the LORD said to me, "The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I have not sent them or appointed them or spoken to them. They are prophesying to you false visions, divinations, idolatries and the delusions of their own minds.
Matthew 24:11 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=47&chapter=24&verse=11&version=31&context=verse)
and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.
1 John 4:1 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=69&chapter=4&verse=1&version=31&context=verse)
[ Test the Spirits ] Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
2 Peter 2:1 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=68&chapter=2&verse=1&version=31&context=verse)
[ False Teachers and Their Destruction ] But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought themóbringing swift destruction on themselves.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwGLNbiw1gk