PDA

View Full Version : Please Help I think we are being attacked by Satan

tryinghard
Nov 12th 2008, 02:51 AM
I am asking for your prayers for my husband and I and our marriage. Something seems to be wrong...can't put my finger on just what, but there is a constant tension underlying everything. We are about to start marriage counselling again, but something is clearly wrong. I feel like we are either being attacked, or perhaps my hubby is suffering from clinical depression. He alternates between ok and very, very distant. He sighs way too much (he never used to do it at all) and seems to be preoccupied most of the time.

I am so anxious about this right now and don't seem to be able to get any peace no matter what I do.:B I just want to curl up in a ball and die rather than face the fact that we may not be able to make it through whatever is going wrong. Only God can save this and only if He wants to.

Please pray for us, and if "us" isn't in God's plan, please pray for some peace for me. Thank you so much.

IMINXTC
Nov 12th 2008, 02:56 AM
Lifting you and your husband before the Lord in prayer. Praying that the Lord will help your husband with his recent discomfort, and that your marriage will be restored and even better than than ever. Now praying.

Ashley274
Nov 12th 2008, 07:09 AM
:( I am sorry to hear this and am and will pray for both of you...he does sound weary...maybe he doesnt feel good..I pray he leans on the Lord.....Joining you in prayer

Frances
Nov 12th 2008, 05:19 PM
:pray:for wisdom and the Peace of the Lord for you both. . . also that your husband seeks any medical help necessary, and you remember that if you rebuke the devil in the Name of 'Jesus' he will flee . . .

Dragonfighter1
Nov 12th 2008, 05:23 PM
I am asking for your prayers for my husband and I and our marriage. Something seems to be wrong...can't put my finger on just what, but there is a constant tension underlying everything. We are about to start marriage counselling again, but something is clearly wrong. I feel like we are either being attacked, or perhaps my hubby is suffering from clinical depression. He alternates between ok and very, very distant. He sighs way too much (he never used to do it at all) and seems to be preoccupied most of the time.

I am so anxious about this right now and don't seem to be able to get any peace no matter what I do.:B I just want to curl up in a ball and die rather than face the fact that we may not be able to make it through whatever is going wrong. Only God can save this and only if He wants to.

Please pray for us, and if "us" isn't in God's plan, please pray for some peace for me. Thank you so much.
Gladly will I pray for you.

Divorce is a thousand times worse than you can imagine. SO never give up trying.. I promise it is worth it.

"Father, please help this family as they reach out fore help, if her husband is depressed I pray he will get the help he needs, if the wife is depressed and only seeing it in her husband then I pray you will open her eyes to the need to be cheerful and filled with your joy.
Protect them both God please,
Amen"

tryinghard
Nov 12th 2008, 06:17 PM
I would ask you to please continue praying for us. I have written my husband an email today asking him if he thinks he could be depressed and offering all of my support. He doesn't seem to be responding positively. Please pray that God shows him the truth and the right thing to do, regardless of how it impacts me. God knows better than I do. Thank you.

Dragonfighter1
Nov 12th 2008, 06:39 PM
I would ask you to please continue praying for us. I have written my husband an email today asking him if he thinks he could be depressed and offering all of my support. He doesn't seem to be responding positively. Please pray that God shows him the truth and the right thing to do, regardless of how it impacts me. God knows better than I do. Thank you.
May I respectfully suggest that you take the meeker role?
Could it help if you told him you think you are the one with the problem and that perhaps you are making things tiresome to him. Ask him what he would like you to change so you don't continue to tire him.
I say this VERY respectfully, but knowing a mans ego and how it works I do have slight advantage. Asking a man to admit he has a problem is like
....asking asking a man to admit he has a problem! I restated that ohrase deliberately to emphasise the issue. Its very very very very very very very dificult to help a man by asking him to admit what you suspect. Its easier to massage it out of him by assuming the meeker role. Admit you have a problem, everyone has many so saying you dont have one won't work in this forum (chuckles quietly).
Once you have clearly stated that you think you are a big part of the difficulties in the situation and have asked him to lead you, be the man, manage the household, guide and direct and as many other euphamism as you can sneak into conversation without overloading him, or being caught, you will se him start to communicate, every day try to ask him how you (yourslef that is) are doing and if he has any other guidance for you. In time(more than a week) you may find he will share how you can help him with his "little" problem, (always assume that unless he asks specifically for help that he wants to work on it alone).

Now thats my take on it. I pastored for 14 years and saved a few marriages and lost a few too. But I have learned that accusing your husband of having a "problem" will only tire him more. He will feel you are always measuring him, always watching for him to fall. It would be better for you to deliberately NOT pay attention when he sighs, rather to say later "Honey, How am I making you feel this evening" (along with other terms of endearment during the course of the evening).

Sorry if I hurt your feeling, but in todays feminist society, men dont adjust well to modern parlance. Nor do we respond to female communication methods. Its imperitive therefore that you do not try to use them, instead go back to the Bible and for the sake of your marriage make every effort to be meek and humble. (Let me be clear-I do not know if you are already that or not, and certainly I am notaccusing you at all) I doubt you would be on this board asking for help if you were actually.

God Bless you,

PM me if you need to.
(Tell me to shut up too if that is the case.)

Love IN CHRIST,

DF

Colo25
Nov 12th 2008, 08:28 PM
I am praying for your husband and yourself :pray: Spiritual warfare is draing, but hang in there, and pray pray pray ! :pray: :pray: :pray:
yisc,
Colo

karenoka27
Nov 12th 2008, 08:34 PM
Dear Father, I bring this marriage before You. Satan indeed is getting involved in Christian marriages today. Lord I ask that You bind all evil in this situation and bring healing and restoration to this marriage. Make it better than either of them could have ever imagined. And Lord may You be glorified through it all.
In Jesus Name, amen

Redneck Charger
Nov 13th 2008, 02:45 PM
Jesus.. Please Keep a watchful eye over this couple.. help them resolve the things that are bothering them.. Please Jesus..:pray:

tryinghard
Nov 13th 2008, 03:19 PM
Thank you again for all your prayers. He seems just the tiniest bit better today, a little more connected. I am trying to have a bit of hope and not let the negative thoughts go around and around in my head...barely slept last night with worrying. Please continue to pray for us. Thank you.

walked
Nov 13th 2008, 06:49 PM
Praying for your marriage and for both you and your husbands peace and health.
And for our Father to bless you in a special and personal way for looking to Him for your help.

locboxx
Nov 14th 2008, 03:00 AM
"Fear not for I am with you, be not afraid for I am your God" that popped into my mind.

It seems to me that demonic attacks on people distort reality in the attackees minds. For me, i may get mad super easy from my girlfriend for no reason. its like the things i hear are all negative when they are actually positive and i think its an oppression by the enemy. when i realize it i pray to God to help me to stay safe and to stop the enemy from the attacks. I pay that Jesus helps you both

jsph110
Nov 14th 2008, 06:39 AM
God help 'tryinghard' to Relax. Make her realize Its Your will for you to be together, Jesus clearly told us not to divorce.

Today, I stand with her and claim the promise in Phil 4:6 that she will be anxious for nothing and that we thank you for what everything you have done in their lives. Father fix this marriage in Jesus' name. Thankyou because you will Fill them with the peace that passeth all understanding, in Jesus' name. I confuse and paralyze the enemy's plans concerning this couple in Jesus' name. ty Jesus.

IMINXTC
Nov 14th 2008, 07:13 AM
Will keep on watching and lifting you and your husband before the Lord.

tryinghard
Nov 14th 2008, 03:31 PM
Please continue to pray for us. He seems a little less withdrawn today, again. :ppI'm sure the prayers are working. God bless you!