PDA

View Full Version : Please Pray For My Daughter Grace

steelerbabe
Nov 13th 2008, 06:19 PM
Can't go into a lot of details, but could you say a pray for my daughter Grace. She is 12 and suffering from depression. We don't have insurance until next month. I am trying to get her help and the task is daunting. I usually don't ask for prayers for myself, but please pray for strength and grace for me to cope with this. Thanks.

Godisnumber1
Nov 13th 2008, 06:21 PM
i was depressed around that age too.
it's not fun.
i'll be praying for grace.
:pray::pray::pray:

Ashley274
Nov 14th 2008, 07:29 AM
I am praying for Grace and for YOU...I bet you are stressed.......Please Jesus help Grace :pray::pray::hug:

IMINXTC
Nov 14th 2008, 07:34 AM
Praying that our Lord will lift the spirits of little Grace. And strength and wisdom for Mom.

AndrewBaptistFL
Nov 14th 2008, 02:30 PM
Insurance or not, your post has already started getting her help! Praise God! I am praying for Grace as well.

militarywife
Nov 14th 2008, 02:39 PM
Dear Lord,
I lift little Grace up to you right now and I ask you to show her YOUR PEACE. I believe that you give us a peace that surpasses all understanding I believe right now in Jesus name that you will engulf this young girl in your peace. Give her JOY to increase her strength. Praise you Lord for all your gifts. Praise you Lord for hearing my prayer right now.
Thank you. :hug:

jesuslover1968
Nov 14th 2008, 02:41 PM
Praying for you and your family. :pray:

steelerbabe
Nov 14th 2008, 09:20 PM
Thank you all so very much.:hug: She met with a counselor this afternoon. They reduced fee from $150.00 to $100.00. Our insurance starts at the beginning on December. She has been having thoughts of suicide:cry: We have been through so much in the last year but the lst couple of months things have gotten better. This seem to come out of the blue. THanks for letting me share. This has broken my heart.

cactusflower
Nov 14th 2008, 11:19 PM
Glad to hear you have begun to get a result with Grace.

Will keep praying for you both.

Love and hugs

Maggie xxx :hug:

Vhayes
Nov 14th 2008, 11:23 PM
I just wanted you to know that I will be lifting you, Grace and your situation in prayer.

Please tell Grace she has a beautiful name!

Peace to you, my sister -
V

livingwaters
Nov 15th 2008, 02:26 AM
Steelerbabe, you most certainly have my prayers going up for you and your daughter...I can't even imagine what you and she are going through...Just know that we serve an awesome God. HE will get the two of you through, and your faith will be the stronger for it. Is there a group or something that ya'll could attend...I don't know if venting is the answer, but I do know that JESUS is!!!!!!! So, cast your cares on HIM, and take HIS yoke cause it is lighter!!!!! Glory to the Lord. Lord, give YOUR child the comfort and wisdom and strength that she needs to handle this situation..Also, Lord, for YOUR glory, I ask that YOU make YOURSELF known to this child who is 12 years old. Lord, she has not began to live yet....Touch her, Father so that she may be "a light" for YOU...so that she may go out into the world and tell them what her God did for her...I pray all these things in the name of Jesus. Amen.:pray::pray::pray::pray:

Please don't hesitate to ask for prayer....much prayer---much power!!!!Alleluia!!!!:hug:

D in Georgia
Nov 15th 2008, 02:34 AM
Praying for Grace and all of your family. Praying for the doctors, that the correct therapy, or treatment be discovered quickly and successfully. D

IMINXTC
Nov 15th 2008, 02:49 AM
Will continue to watch and lift up little Grace before the Lord, that she, by His goodness, may find the wherewithal to put these days of depression behind her.

Praying for Mom also, that her broken heart be mended...

Thanks to the Lord for providing the means and opportunity for medical guidance.

Colo25
Nov 15th 2008, 05:39 AM
Father I lift up Grace to you Lord. This little one is depressed Dear Lord and we all know depression can be an awful hurtful time in a persons life. I ask that you wrap your protective arms around her, being only 12 she needs you Dear Lord to protect her. I also Lift up Steelerbabe to you Lord for strength during this time. :pray: Please guide them both to a Doctor who is willing to listen and help Lord. In Jesus, Amen.
Colo

steelerbabe
Nov 15th 2008, 01:18 PM
Thanks again:hug: I am so weary right now. I said to hubby last night, why does life have to be so hard? I know we all go through things but honestly I have had my fill:eek: What is really bothering me is not having my mom here to ask advice. She died 25 years ago when I was 22. She wasn't there when we got married, had our children, etc.. Within a few years of her passing, my dad developed alzheimers. That was 13 years of pure living hell. I'm not going to turn this into a vent session. I just get tired sometimes of always being the rock for everyone else. This rock is starting to chip away.:cry:

Redneck Charger
Nov 16th 2008, 12:01 PM
Jesus, Please take care of steelrbabe's daughter.. and guide her through this depression and help her heal.. Please Jesus..:pray::pray::pray::pray:

Ashley274
Nov 17th 2008, 04:47 AM
still in prayer :pray::pray:

IMINXTC
Nov 17th 2008, 04:50 AM
Lifting these needs and your many trials up before the Lord. Remembering little Grace, that she soon recover from her depression.

steelerbabe
Nov 17th 2008, 11:28 AM
Thank you so much:hug: I am so glad I found this forum and have the support of wonderful people like all of you.

CoffeeCat
Nov 17th 2008, 02:31 PM
Steelerbabe :hug: I am praying for you and for Grace. Lord Jesus, please be our dear sister's rock when it is so hard for her to be a rock to everyone else... thank You for lifting and carrying her as she tries to carry all those she loves. Watch over her and Grace, Lord.

IMINXTC
Dec 7th 2008, 07:04 AM
Lifting up Grace before the Lord, continuing to pray for our Lord's intervention into her young life and deliverance from depression, and the mounting problems this can cause for her.

Looking forward to continued guidance and wisdom for Mom and for all concerned that this youngster may put these days of depression far behind her.

We pray that our Lord would lift her spirits, especially for this holiday season, and forever after.

CoffeeCat
Dec 7th 2008, 03:13 PM
Steelerbabe, how is Grace doing? And how are YOU? :hug: Still praying.

Ashley274
Dec 8th 2008, 06:28 AM
Hey kiddo as you know I am praying for Grace and ALL your needs...HE IS faithful and things will look up :hug::pray:

Redneck Charger
Dec 8th 2008, 02:38 PM
HEY SB, you and Grace are stillin my prayers.. Please Jesus, take care of them both..:pray::pray::pray::pray:

steelerbabe
Dec 9th 2008, 04:05 AM
Thanks for the prayers. My husband, Ken was laid off today. Lay offs starting happening right before Thanksgiving and this was round two:cry: I am without hope tonight and feeling like I'm at a crossroads. I can only imagine the effect this will have on Grace. Please pray for her. I have suffered many loses in my life, including three miscarriages and I truly could not bear to lose one of my children. I may not be on here very much, but please know that I will be praying for all of you. Thanks again:hug:

livingwaters
Dec 9th 2008, 05:17 AM
Philippians 4:19 (http://bibleresources.bible.com/passagesearchresults.php?passage1=Philippians+4:19&version=9)
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Psalm 91

1He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
8Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
9Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
10There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
12They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
13Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
14Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
15He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. 16With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

In HIS timing, will these things come to pass...stand firm on "the rock of your salvation!!!"

Many prayers going up for you and your family...the devil is busy, but he has NO authority over a "HOLY GHOST FILLED CHILD OF GOD!!!!" Just say, "JESUS, JESUS, JESUS, JESUS, JESUS, until you feel the LORD's peace and joy...your GOD-given joy is your strength!!!Amen!!!

God Bless All of YOU!!!:hug::hug::pray::pray:

Colo25
Dec 9th 2008, 10:13 PM
SB, I continue to pray for you and Grace. and I will pray right now that your husband may find more employment swiftly. I am sorry to hear you are really falling on some hard times, but I pray The Lord will guide you through it all. :pray: And we are always here to support you. :hug:
ysic,
Colo

steelerbabe
Dec 10th 2008, 03:19 AM
Thank you so much for the prayers:hug: My son, Patrick, just cried his eyes out tonight. I worry what effect all this stress will have on him. He is a senior in high school. I am working part time and looking for extra work. I always felt it was important to be home when the kids got home from school. This a terrible time to look for employment especially during these economic times. As a parent, it breaks my heart to see my children suffer. Please continue to pray for us and I will be praying for all of you as well.:pray:

Ashley274
Dec 10th 2008, 03:33 AM
:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray: Steeler I am praying for you and I KNOW things will work out...Can you ask the kids what especially they are upset about...by pinpointing that it may help you all work on a plan to keep away from what is feared most. PRAYING nightly for you :pray::pray::pray::pray:

tt1106
Dec 10th 2008, 04:27 AM
Lord God,
Please help this family out. Please let your presence be right in the middle of it. Let this time of worship and celebration be a time of renewal, regeneration, Hope. Just as your son was born in a manger Lord, a manger that was provided when the inn was filled, we ask that you take care of this family and the child named for the greatest gift ever given.
Lord, we ask for peace for growing teens and patience. This world is a constant sturggle and it is especially tough for teenagers who are attacked constantly and aren't yet prepared to ward off Satan. I ask for protection for this family and I ask that their prayers for protection be answered Lord.
Let this 12 year old who is in the grips of growing up, let her feel rest. Rest that is only possible in the Father's arms.
I pray for strength for SB, for her husband to put on the mantle of leadership and for both of these parents to come to you on their knees and FEEL the living water flowing over them. Lord, I again pray that they be blessed with the assurance that YOU are the rock in this situation, that under their wings they can find refuge and that you are in control and you seek the one that is lost. For what good shepherd would not leave the other 99 to find the one that is lost.
Lord we ask for comfort in the midst of turmoil, for peace in the midst of Satan's chaos and for provisions in the middle of the wilderness. I ask that SB KNOW that you are present in the valleys as well as the peaks. I ask in your precious name.
Amen.

IMINXTC
Dec 11th 2008, 03:04 AM
Praying that our Lord would use these stressful things, especially the unemployment and financial hardship to bring the family closer together, to the benefit of, especially, Grace.

Praying as well for deliverance from financial hardship and for the provision for employment. Praying that you will not need to sacrifice the time that could be spent at home in order to make ends meet.

Praying that things will improve especially during the holidays for the benefit of Grace and your High-School aged son.

miepie
Dec 18th 2008, 06:43 PM
Hey girl, :hug:

Me and my husband have a cardministry, and we'd like to send Grace a nice card...... if you pm me your address and what she likes, I'll make sure she'll get a nice card soon! :hug:

In the meantime we'll pray...... :hug:

Love you,
Mieke :kiss:

steelerbabe
Dec 19th 2008, 02:30 AM
Thank all of you so much for your prayers:hug: Grace seems to be doing better. She likes her counselor but paying put of pocket for a mental health is expensive. It was suggested I apply for medical assitance but her therapist doesn't take it. I am in the process of applying for CHIP which they do take. I just finished reading Glen Beck's book - The Christmas Sweater and cried my eyes out. We all face storms, some more then others. I must remain strong especially for my children and not feel sorry for myself. I am blessed because I am a child of God:) Ken had an interview this week and should know something tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

steelerbabe
Dec 19th 2008, 02:32 AM
Hey girl, :hug:

Me and my husband have a cardministry, and we'd like to send Grace a nice card...... if you pm me your address and what she likes, I'll make sure she'll get a nice card soon! :hug:

In the meantime we'll pray...... :hug:

Love you,

I did p.m. you and I wanted to thank you again for being such a blessing to everyone on the board:kiss: You lifted my spirit and for that I am thankful.

miepie
Jan 6th 2009, 11:12 AM
Just letting you know we'll send out the monkey and card out to Grace at the end of this week or the beginning of next week...... :hug:
How's she doing now? :hug:

Love you,

Redneck Charger
Jan 6th 2009, 11:45 AM
SB.. You and your family are always in my prayers.. Jesus I ask you to please help this family.. Please comfort them all.. Please Jesus..:pray::pray::pray::pray:

steelerbabe
Jan 6th 2009, 07:37 PM
You guys are the best:hug: Coming off the holidays and getting back into a regular routine has been a little rough. Grace seems to being coping better. Ken was laid off 2 weeks before Christmas:cry: This past year has been one of the most difficult. We have delt with death, loss, and we have never been well off. We have made sacrifices, like Ken working 60 hours a week so I could be home for our children. I work part-time and we are in such a giant debt hole:( I keep kicking myself for not working full time and having a financial cushion. Sorry for rambling. Thank you all for your prayers and concern:hug: Please continue to pray for our family, especially Grace. I have been praying for her healing, mentally and spirtually. God bless all of you.

matthew7and1
Jan 6th 2009, 07:59 PM
Of course we will pray for her with you. I was depressed at that age as well....:pray::pray: and lots of :hug:

miepie
Jan 6th 2009, 08:15 PM
Me and Charles are not only praying for Grace, but for the whole family now..... :hug:

Love you,

steelerbabe
Jan 7th 2009, 03:07 AM
Me and Charles are not only praying for Grace, but for the whole family now..... :hug:

Love you,

You are an amazing child of God:kiss: Thank you so much for thinking of Grace and keep us in your prayers. I pray for you and Charles everyday. God Bless and thanks for the encouragement.