PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Who is Excited About the Future

manichunter
Nov 14th 2008, 12:34 AM
All I know is that I am excited about the next four years either way after much prayer and meditation I understand what the Spirit has told me........

Come Lord Jesus Come................
I see it as win win situation...

Either repentance is coming or a big blessing. I am good with either one.......

Either darkness or light
More lack of moral standards or revival
More chaos or order

Who knows, but God purpose will prevail and we will be held accountable for our actions and choices. I will concern myself with one thing, being ready in season and out of season for the coming of my Lord Yeshua. This what He told me, just concern myself with being ready...........

Who else is excited.......... for this world is not our home............ let me know........... give me a shout out.........

jen74
Nov 14th 2008, 01:20 AM
I'm with you. Come Lord Jesus Come!

holpcs2
Nov 14th 2008, 01:30 AM
I'm excited, too. And it's amazing to me how many Christians talk about how scared they are of the future. If they only understood prophecy and firmly believed in the Bible, then they'd have no fear. I'm just continuing to read books on biblical prophecy and what's to come concerning Iraq, Israel, Russia, etc, and watching the news headlines. We've only got a little while longer before His immaculate return!

locboxx
Nov 14th 2008, 02:11 AM
im with u. i think that we are soon to go home :) and i cant wait.

JesusReignsForever
Nov 14th 2008, 02:27 AM
I am excited dont get me wrong but there are so many out there that arent going to make it in...I want to be an effective witness so Jesus can save those souls so they can get excited too! There is so much death all around us all hope is gone, will yea I am excited for me I am sad for them. I want them to be able to rejoice with me also, although I know all wont recieve him but I believe there are many more to be added to the kingdom.

wombat
Nov 14th 2008, 02:42 AM
I have been looking forward to Christ's return for many, many years. It is so exciting to see world events lining up as the prophets predicted and to realize that my waiting is nearly over! Whatever the next few years hold for all of us, I know that God will give us courage, He will provide for us, and one day we'll be rejoicing together in the New Jerusalem as we prepare for an exciting eternity with Jesus! This hope in Jesus and all He has promised for His believers is what overcomes my fears about facing tribulation when they pop up. I can hardly wait to hear the trumpet!

wombat
Nov 14th 2008, 02:50 AM
I am excited dont get me wrong but there are so many out there that arent going to make it in...I want to be an effective witness so Jesus can save those souls so they can get excited too! There is so much death all around us all hope is gone, will yea I am excited for me I am sad for them. I want them to be able to rejoice with me also, although I know all wont recieve him but I believe there are many more to be added to the kingdom.
Hi, JesusReignsForever! I'm so proud of you for letting your excitement about Jesus' soon return give you a great desire to witness for Him. You are right that we have much work to continue with until Jesus arrives--let's all prove ourselves faithful, watchful servants as we look forward to His coming!

immortality
Nov 14th 2008, 02:55 AM
personally, i am not excited about the coming times, nor am i frightened.

of course i am excited that the catching away/resurrection event is soon. if the thought of this doesn't excite an individual, then they must not be a genuine christian.

however, i don't think some of us truly realize what the comings times imply. i don't think some of us have truly confronted the immensity of it all. hardships, famine, persecution and martyrdom may be a reality for those of us living in industrialized nations. the easy life we have known will not only soon cease to exist, but be replaced with a plethora of unprecedented problems. how many professing christians are truly prepared for such circumstances?

additionally, there are far too many people i love who are not saved. therefore the reality of the future means that time is running out for them to repent. the idea of them going to hell for all eternity is not an exciting thought, but rather humbling.

therefore we should use the short time we have right now not by living in a potential false confidence or emotion, but by humbling ourselves before god by communing with him, reading his word, etc. even if we are truly prepared, it would be wise if our outlook was that we aren't. it is better to be safe than sorry.

for whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted...

locboxx
Nov 14th 2008, 03:02 AM
Its like the book John ate in Revelation. It was sweet like honey to the mouth but it was bitter in the stomach. in the same way when we think about the rapture it is sweet like honey but then we realize every one is facing hell on earth and it becomes some what bitter to think about. just dont stop spreadin the word

manichunter
Nov 14th 2008, 05:06 AM
personally, i am not excited about the coming times, nor am i frightened.

of course i am excited that the catching away/resurrection event is soon. if the thought of this doesn't excite an individual, then they must not be a genuine christian.

however, i don't think some of us truly realize what the comings times imply. i don't think some of us have truly confronted the immensity of it all. hardships, famine, persecution and martyrdom may be a reality for those of us living in industrialized nations. the easy life we have known will not only soon cease to exist, but be replaced with a plethora of unprecedented problems. how many professing christians are truly prepared for such circumstances?

additionally, there are far too many people i love who are not saved. therefore the reality of the future means that time is running out for them to repent. the idea of them going to hell for all eternity is not an exciting thought, but rather humbling.

therefore we should use the short time we have right now not by living in a potential false confidence or emotion, but by humbling ourselves before god by communing with him, reading his word, etc. even if we are truly prepared, it would be wise if our outlook was that we aren't. it is better to be safe than sorry.

for whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted...

You are correct, the soul and body will indeed suffer, but My spirit will rejoice.............. as it does now

Back2Front
Nov 14th 2008, 05:12 AM
I just stay in my day. As soon as I get out of my day, I find expectations that typically let me down.

I expect Christ to return, but that is the root of my faith as I believe his promise.

That said, I look for him today, and not tomorrow. As for the future, I have no thought.