PDA

View Full Version : Almost "Murder\Suicide"

East to West
Nov 15th 2008, 06:21 AM
Please pray for a coworker of mine. She is not a Christian and neither are her two daughters (ages 15 and 13) My coworker was married for 23 years to a really bad guy. Textbook controlling, abusive, obsessive man. She was afraid to leave him for many years for fear of what he might to do. On Wednesday morning, they were having an argument, and her husband asked that she come with him outside to go down by the lake and "get some air". She said that she had a very bad feeling about it and refused. He tried over and over again to get her to go out to their dock on the lake, she refused and eventually locked herself in a closet. He went down to the lake by himself. After a minute, my coworker heard a gunshot. An hour later, the dive-team found him body in the lake, he had killed himself. The police said that her refusal to go with him saved her life, they found three fully loaded guns that he had previously hidden by the dock. It appeared the he had every intention of luring her down to the dock and killing her. Please pray for her and her daughters. They desperately need Christ. I cannot imagine the darkness and emotional baggage that exist in the family.

Thanks

IMINXTC
Nov 15th 2008, 06:25 AM
This is a very frightening and traumatic scene you have shared here. We will be lifting this woman and her two daughters up before the Lord for protection and healing, and most of all, that doors will open to the Gospel for each one of them.

East to West
Nov 15th 2008, 06:30 AM
This is a very frightening and traumatic scene you have shared here. We will be lifting this woman and her two daughters up before the Lord for protection and healing, and most of all, that doors will open to the Gospel for each one of them.

"Frightening and traumatic".....I'll say! I'M scared! And I don't even know her that well. It scares me just realizing one again the awful stuff like this CAN and does happen. Thank you so much for the prayers, they are needed!

IMINXTC
Nov 15th 2008, 06:39 AM
We will continue to watch this situation and continue to keep these girls and Mom, and You... before the Lord.

walked
Nov 15th 2008, 03:18 PM
I'll be praying with you for your co-worker and her family.

God bless you.

Redneck Charger
Nov 16th 2008, 11:52 AM
Please Jesus, take care of this Mother and her daughters, and help them have a happy and healty relationship with themselves and surroundings with them..and thank you Jesus for giving her strengh not to down to the dock with this man.. Please Jesus take care of this hurting family..:pray:

Beloved by God
Nov 16th 2008, 11:32 PM
Thank you God for the good things you make come to pass.... :pray:

Lyndie
Nov 16th 2008, 11:46 PM
I'll be praying.

Ashley274
Nov 17th 2008, 04:44 AM
I am praying also :pray::pray: :hug:

Frances
Nov 17th 2008, 05:30 PM
:pray: that the mother and her two daughters are all told the full Gospel, accept Jesus as Lord of their lives and allow Him to Heal them in every way they need . . .

tt1106
Nov 17th 2008, 05:53 PM
Lord we lift up this family to you. We weep for the broken who don't know you and we pray that they will turn to the comforter and redeemer.
I pray that the Holy spirit will reveal your goodness and your grace and your protection to this woman and that she be able to see your preveniant grace in action Lord, that though they may not believe, your hand is still at work in their lives.
I pray all this in your name.
Amen.

jsph110
Nov 17th 2008, 08:46 PM

I join you in this prayer, in Jesus' name.

thethirdtuttle
Nov 24th 2008, 09:43 AM
Dear Heavenly Father, we come before You right now in the mighty name of Jesus, and we thank You that you were watching over and protecting East to West's coworker, even though she doesn't know you yet. Continue to watch over, protect, encourage and uplift both her and her two daughters, and may they all come to a saving knowlege of Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. Comfort their grieving hearts as they mourn the loss of their husband and father, and help them to forgive him for all the evil things that he did to them. Let this experience be in the future a powerful testimony to your grace, love and mercy, even in the midst of an abusive and dangerous situation. We thank and praise You, Lord, that You thwarted the plans of the enemy to take this woman's life, because, as Your Word says, "..the enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy, but I have come to give life, and that to the full." Bring loving, godly Christians across this woman's path to show her and her daughters Your unconditional and limitless love through not just their words, but their actions, as well. Help this woman to know that their are good, decent, loving, godly people out there, both women and men, and let this experience not taint her opinion of men. Help her to realize that the man she was married to was being used by the devil to take her life, but God and His love for her is bigger than Satan and any demonic plans he may have for us. Help her to realize God has good plans for her, and that is why Satan was so desperate to get her out of the way, so to speak. He was so threatened by how powerfully God was and is going to use her and her daughters that the only way he figured he could stop it was by using her abusive husband to take her life. Thank You, Jesus that that plan backfired, and that God protected her and kept her safe. Use East to West, as well as other Christians, to help remind this woman that she and her daughters are loved by You with an everlasting love, and that You haven't left them or forgotten about them. Continue to move and work in their lives, showing them through everything You do how much You love them. In Jesus' mighty and holy name we pray all of these things. Amen and amen!

Yours in Christ,

Benjamin

East to West
Jan 2nd 2009, 03:34 AM
Thank you for everyone who has prayed for my coworker and her daughters. I have not posted a follow-up for a long time, because, frankly, I hadn't heard from or seen or seen my coworker since before her husband's suicide. I got a chance to see her last night. She didn't look so good. She looked very traumatized......rather shell-shocked. I asked her how her daughters were doing, she she said that they were struggling. I know this is not the type of situation that people can heal from overnight. Please continue to pray.

jrick
Jan 2nd 2009, 04:13 AM
Father, may this event be used as an opportunity for this family to be shown the Gospel. We know that everything happens according to your plan, and this was no exception. May this family be shown comfort in this hard time by accepting your Son as their savior. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen. :pray:

CoffeeCat
Jan 2nd 2009, 04:24 AM
East to West,

I will be praying for your co-worker and her daughters. :pray: I am sure all of them need help and counseling badly, and I pray they receive whatever they need. Thank you for updating us.