PDA

View Full Version : Input from those who understand Greek and Hebrew

TexasBeliever
Nov 15th 2008, 01:07 PM
In both old and new testaments, we are warned of antichrist. In the New we are told that in order to know who he is we must calculate the number of his name.
Both the Hebrew and Greek alphabet have their number equivelants and many think that the AC's name will be revealed in both translations.

Considering the times we are living in it is probable that AC is alive in this generation and we should have our eyes open.

There has been speculation that Obama may be the one. What I want to know is, what does his name add up to in the Hebrew AND Greek translations? If the number is revealed to be that of scripture we most certainly need to watch his actions very closely to see if they match what scripture says the AC will do. Your input is appreciated.

As a sidebar; the whole world is fawning over this man. He came to power from relative obscurity very fast, and there is speculation and may be confirmation soon than he is of Syrian descent. He now holds the most powerful position in the world.
There is talk that he is dragging his feet on producing his birth certificate and may even be foreign born. Wheather any of this pans out or not, we still need to know about his name as it relates to scripture.
We have been told by the Lord to watch so as not to be deceived.

Walstib
Nov 15th 2008, 02:41 PM
I have seen a handful or more men "proved" or "calculated" to be the AC. You could probably do it with my name taking tidbits of info or scripture or numerous translations to make a case.

Most powerful position in the world? A speech reader? (sorry to those who really believe the US president holds the power and makes world changing decisions on their own) I think the leaders of the world banks who loan the US money have more influence let alone the ones who advise them. Then I am just one dude with "crazy" opinions who is certainly not fawning over him.

I can understand you think it is important to "name" the AC, you are not alone, I would say there are more important things we can do with our time. You asked for my input ;)

Peace,

Joe

walked
Nov 15th 2008, 03:39 PM
I see the number of anti-christ name interpreted in the very same book of revelation where this code is written...
I am real familiar with Greek but this isn't needed to interpret the code of 6,6,6. :B

Look:
the 6th seal: read what happens!
the 6th vial: read what happens!
the 6th trump: read what happens!
Those who feed on Gods word will know who anti-christ is when these three sixth events written in the book of revelations come to fruition and not before then.

markedward
Nov 15th 2008, 03:46 PM
My previous post on the subject:
http://bibleforums.org/showpost.php?p=1850830&postcount=5

Teke
Nov 15th 2008, 04:13 PM
In both old and new testaments, we are warned of antichrist. In the New we are told that in order to know who he is we must calculate the number of his name.

Seems you have a difference of opinion with scripture. As 1 John 4:3 states that anyone who does not confess that the Son of God became Man while remaining God is an antichrist.

I don't know about Obama's beliefs, so I don't know what he believes. I have heard him in a speech negate the bible as being of any use for government.