PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice: A Savior Most Would Receive

manichunter
Nov 15th 2008, 11:37 PM
I believe this will be a hint to who the anti-christ will be.

The anti christ will elispe and trump all the Messiah types accept the one true Messiah.

People from all kinds of religions will see the anti-christ as their Messiah because he will not be saving them from death, hell, and sin.

He will be saving them from things known to everyday be like poverty, starvation, lack of resources, lack of peace, and the need to survive. Hence, he will supercede things like spiritually and give and promise things that appease the carnal............ He will transcend cultural, religious, and political bondaries............

Anything else.

quiet dove
Nov 16th 2008, 12:25 AM

The anti christ will elispe and trump all the Messiah types accept the one true Messiah.

People from all kinds of religions will see the anti-christ as their Messiah because he will not be saving them from death, hell, and sin.

He will be saving them from things known to everyday be like poverty, starvation, lack of resources, lack of peace, and the need to survive. Hence, he will supercede things like spiritually and give and promise things that appease the carnal............ He will transcend cultural, religious, and political bondaries............

Anything else.

He is going to seem like the best thing since sliced bread.

Tanya~
Nov 16th 2008, 01:30 AM
The main thing about the Antichrist is that it will not be known who he is until he commits the Abomination of Desolation. But Jesus does warn us to not be deceived. The Antichrist will "deceive many" and even the very elect, "if it were possible" would be deceived. He will do signs and wonders. He will have a deadly wound and not die from it. No one will be able to make war with him.

Something I think that can get us into the broccoli field is trying to speculate on famous people as candidates for the Antichrist. I saw one website that claims Arnold Schwarzenegger is it. :lol: We can speculate on who he might be, or we can concentrate on pursuing the knowledge of the truth so that we will not be deceived when he comes to deceive. Many antichrists have come into the world and they are all deceivers. If a man is a deceiver, he is anti-Christ even if he isn't The Antichrist.

moonglow
Nov 16th 2008, 01:36 AM

Anything else.

Actually nothing like this is said about the beast in the bible...or the antichrist. This idea he or it (depending on your views) will be super likable and be able to do the things you said, is not even hinted at in the bible as far as I know...if someone has scriptures that says otherwise, please list them.

If a person takes plain scripture and doesn't add their own ideas to them, influenced by popular books and certain preachers...what does it really say?

Is the beast going to be a great political leader? Some think this because he is given authority over all the nations:

Revelation 13:
7 It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation.

But if you look higher up in that passage he or it, sounds like a great spiritual leader FIRST and foremost.

3 And I saw one of his heads as if it had been mortally wounded, and his deadly wound was healed. And all the world marveled and followed the beast. 4 So they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?”

Who worships political leaders?

In the time of Rome where the Catholic power was great, the pope did rule over nations. Wars went on and people were subjected to the Catholic rule..though the pope wasn't really seen as a political leader by a religious leader. This beast in the bible suffers a fatal wound and recovers...a miracle takes place (if you take that literally) So the people are first amazed by this and then worship both the beast and the dragan...satan. Religion is the key word here as only worship is used with religion.

In Jesus' day the Jewish leaders ruled the Jews in every sense of the word, except they had to work under the Roman government. But by their word they could have someone taken outside of the gates and stoned to death...their religious laws, were the governing laws.

While people didn't generally worship the pope or the Jewish leaders, they represented God...their religion was the people's religion. And many take the pope's word over the bible's...same with the Jewish leader in Jesus' time...this is why Jesus was so angry with them...they misused God's Word to their own end.

People from all kinds of religions will see the anti-christ as their Messiah because he will not be saving them from death, hell, and sin. He will be saving them from things known to everyday be like poverty, starvation, lack of resources, lack of peace, and the need to survive. Hence, he will supercede things like spiritually and give and promise things that appease the carnal............ He will transcend cultural, religious, and political bondaries............

That won't be why they worship him...the bible doesn't say any such thing...they will be fooled by him due to the miracles he does and because their names are not written in the book of life.

8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.9 If anyone has an ear, let him hear.

Nothing in the bible says he will stop poverty, stop wars, feed the hungry..or anything like that. In fact I see alot of intimation going on ...look at the key words used, power, authority, war...“Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?” If everyone liked him or it, and thought he was so great...why even make this comment about war? Sounds like a person or nation, that has so much power no one wants to mess with him out of fear...

The bible never suggest the beast is able to provide food, or resources or even money to everyone in the world. This isn't why they follow him.

God bless

manichunter
Nov 16th 2008, 06:28 AM
Actually nothing like this is said about the beast in the bible...or the antichrist. This idea he or it (depending on your views) will be super likable and be able to do the things you said, is not even hinted at in the bible as far as I know...if someone has scriptures that says otherwise, please list them.

If a person takes plain scripture and doesn't add their own ideas to them, influenced by popular books and certain preachers...what does it really say?

God bless

Trying not to sound to disagreeable. I could point to basic human nature and what it does by default under and doing certain conditions unless rigorous trained and discipline not to do so............ My POW and Interrogation training taught me alot about the human biological creature. Twelve years of ministry has actually reinforced what the secular world taught me about myself and the rest of mankind.

However, I will provide patterns from Scripture. Most people are unaware and ignorant of patterns as Scripture and truth.