PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible...

JesusReignsForever
Nov 16th 2008, 04:33 AM
is it possible for there to be a spirit that mimicks the Holy Ghost? I am just wondering... thanks!

Tanya~
Nov 16th 2008, 04:39 AM
Hi JRF,

There are "other spirits" but the Holy Spirit is recognizable. Scripture teaches us to test the spirits:

1 John 4:1-3

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.
NKJV

Did you have something specific in mind?

looking4jesus
Nov 16th 2008, 04:39 AM
is it possible for there to be a spirit that mimicks the Holy Ghost? I am just wondering... thanks!

Of course their is. Remeber Satan can and does appear as a angel of light.
Satan counterfits almost every geniune gift of the spirit.
I would say in the Church today you have much more of Satan counterfuts gifts than the actual gifts of the spirit. It is very clear in the bible that many will stand in front of Jesus saying did we not do all these things through your name and Jesus says I never knew you. So who do you suppose he is talkig about. Jesus knew very well what was going to happen in the days we ar ein now. Always test the spirits.
God Bless
Randy

JesusReignsForever
Nov 16th 2008, 04:46 AM
Hi JRF,

There are "other spirits" but the Holy Spirit is recognizable. Scripture teaches us to test the spirits:

1 John 4:1-3

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.
NKJV

Did you have something specific in mind?

Well I experience some strange things at my current place of worship, I am saved and i do have the holy Ghost and sometimes in my current place of worship people are shouting and hoping all around and I just dont feel the spirit....i had to go in the bathroom and ask God if it was me, I asked if I did anything and if I did to move it out but when i went back into service i still didnt feel not one thing...i was just so confused by this.. I can always feel when the spirit is in the house.

I also asked my sister if she felt anything and she said no.. so i didnt feel so bad, eventually I felt the spirit but it was after all the hooping and hollering stopped it was weird.

JesusReignsForever
Nov 16th 2008, 04:47 AM
Of course their is. Remeber Satan can and does appear as a angel of light.
Satan counterfits almost every geniune gift of the spirit.
I would say in the Church today you have much more of Satan counterfuts gifts than the actual gifts of the spirit. It is very clear in the bible that many will stand in front of Jesus saying did we not do all these things through your name and Jesus says I never knew you. So who do you suppose he is talkig about. Jesus knew very well what was going to happen in the days we ar ein now. Always test the spirits.
God Bless
Randy

How exactly do you test the spirit by the spirit? I've always heard this but never knew how it was done....I kinda have an idea but i am not sure. thanks!

Amos_with_goats
Nov 16th 2008, 04:51 AM
Yes,

I would dare say that there are many instances where deceiving spirits would imitate the Holy Spirit. I have experience with some examples, but wonder if you could be more specific (before I derail accidentally this thread in trying to help). ;)

JesusReignsForever
Nov 16th 2008, 04:56 AM
Yes,

I would dare say that there are many instances where deceiving spirits would imitate the Holy Spirit. I have experience with some examples, but wonder if you could be more specific (before I derail accidentally this thread in trying to help). ;)

well for the sake of this turning into something ugly I would rather not say because I am sure to offend someone on here. So i would rather not say but you can feel free to share your experinces feel free! :)

JesusReignsForever
Nov 16th 2008, 05:35 AM
Thanks for all the answers though! :) I appreciate it.

Tanya~
Nov 16th 2008, 06:17 PM
Well I experience some strange things at my current place of worship, I am saved and i do have the holy Ghost and sometimes in my current place of worship people are shouting and hoping all around and I just dont feel the spirit....i had to go in the bathroom and ask God if it was me, I asked if I did anything and if I did to move it out but when i went back into service i still didnt feel not one thing...i was just so confused by this.. I can always feel when the spirit is in the house.

I also asked my sister if she felt anything and she said no.. so i didnt feel so bad, eventually I felt the spirit but it was after all the hooping and hollering stopped it was weird.

I've experienced something similar, and it is not edifying at all to be in that kind of an environment. At best it's just a bunch of silliness. At worst, it is a playground for the evil one. You can find another church where the Scripture is followed:

1 Cor 14:40
40 Let all things be done decently and in order.
NKJV

I don't believe that the Holy Spirit can really be faked by the evil one because the Holy Spirit by nature is HOLY and the evil one is not. BUT I do know from experience that people can be deceived into believing something is from the Holy Spirit when it is not -- it may even be of the evil one. If it is not in accord with Scripture, it is suspect and should be very closely examined and tested.

Isa 8:20
20 To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
NKJV

Vhayes
Nov 16th 2008, 06:27 PM
Hi JRF -

Please look at the following verses - to me, this is the way to determine if something is from God:
Galatians 5
19-Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality,

20-idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions,
21-envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22-But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23-gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
24-Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25-If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. 26-Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another.
If you are concerned about the church you are currently attending and think they may have a "false" spirit, why are you still going to that church?

looking4jesus
Nov 16th 2008, 06:47 PM
How exactly do you test the spirit by the spirit? I've always heard this but never knew how it was done....I kinda have an idea but i am not sure. thanks!

Well I have found that a simple prayer that is made in the Name of Jesus Christ to always work. Demons cannot stay in the pressence when the name Jesus Christ is used. So a prayer that goes something like this.

Dear God in the name of your only Son Jesus Christ please show me, tell me now if this spirit is of the Holy Spirit of God or from Satan appearing as a angel of light. I am asking you now in the name of Jesus Christ.
I have always recived a instant answer from this prayer from God.
It is most important to use the full name Jesus Christ not Jesus or just Christ.
Satan abounds in most of the Churches today, it is sad and also can be scary but we are to expect this in the last of the last days.
God Bless you
Randy

Tanya~
Nov 16th 2008, 06:51 PM

Hi JRF,

You test the spirits by the word of God. If the spirit is speaking or acting contrary to God's word, it is a spirit not from God.

looking4jesus
Nov 16th 2008, 07:02 PM
Hi JRF,

You test the spirits by the word of God. If the spirit is speaking or acting contrary to God's word, it is a spirit not from God.

Yes but you may not know what is what..for example if the spirit is healing a person that can be from the word of God or not. The way you suggested is way to general because Satan can counterfit almost everything that is in Gods word. This is how people get fooled all the time. You need to ask God directly and in that moment through Jesus Christ name where this spirit is coming from. It is the only way because you simply will not know the look and feel of it will be too close to what God does.
God Bless
Randy

Indueseason
Nov 16th 2008, 07:56 PM
Yes but you may not know what is what..for example if the spirit is healing a person that can be from the word of God or not. The way you suggested is way to general because Satan can counterfit almost everything that is in Gods word. This is how people get fooled all the time. You need to ask God directly and in that moment through Jesus Christ name where this spirit is coming from. It is the only way because you simply will not know the look and feel of it will be too close to what God does.
God Bless
Randy

:hug: Amen!! I have been through this too, and the realization of how much satan can fool believers into believing that its a move of God is shocking to say the least!! I had a few experiences like yours JRF and it caused me to question things I saw and even felt. I began to ask the Lord for insight as the whole thing terrified me! One evening I went to a convention with a friend, we arrived late and the worship was in full swing. My friend said she could feel the thickness of the Holy Spirit the moment she entered the building, I felt something but after previous experiences I was wary. Anyway, everyone was crying and falling over and my friend got swept away in about 10 mins. I was worshipping and felt good but not like she did. I had asked the Lord to show me clearly if this was from Him and at that moment I heard His voice very strongly say "This is not of me!" :eek:

It shook me so much I had to leave the hall and find a quiet corner! I was so overwhelmed I just cried and cried! I felt the Holy Spirit at that point and felt His peace, and so I stood for a while at the door of this place and watched :cry: It looked just like any other meeting I had been to before, people were rejoicing at the presence of God(or so they thought) I tried to share with my friend what the Lord had said,but she got real angry! In the end I waited outside, praying until the meeting ended.

The whole experience shocked me and still does to this day! The Lord has continued to open my eyes to what satan is doing in the church and it breaks my heart! Satan can mimic what the Holy Spirit does to the point where mature Christians can't tell the difference! :eek: While God is still out there and moving and blessing us with His glorious presence, we must be very careful and not just take for granted that its a move of God we're experiencing!

:hug: blessings

Tanya~
Nov 16th 2008, 08:57 PM
God Bless
Randy

Of course I believe we should pray and ask God to reveal it to us, but the way to know "what is what" is to have the knowledge that God has provided to us in Scripture.

If a person is being healed, it is not from Satan. Satan is a fake, he is not a healer. There are some who pretend to have the power of healing, and deceive people, but they are not healing anyone. Yet people believe them because they get a feeling after praying about it, or whatever, and they think that is sufficient. The Holy Spirit isn't in conflict with the word, and the word isn't in conflict with the Holy Spirit.

looking4jesus
Nov 16th 2008, 09:41 PM
Of course I believe we should pray and ask God to reveal it to us, but the way to know "what is what" is to have the knowledge that God has provided to us in Scripture.

If a person is being healed, it is not from Satan. Satan is a fake, he is not a healer. There are some who pretend to have the power of healing, and deceive people, but they are not healing anyone. Yet people believe them because they get a feeling after praying about it, or whatever, and they think that is sufficient. The Holy Spirit isn't in conflict with the word, and the word isn't in conflict with the Holy Spirit.

No way correct Satan can heal and this type of belief you have will just allow Satan to expand and grow. read the prevous post. Satan can do every gift thta you hav ein scripture but save a person that he cannot do but everything else he sure can do. I am not sure where you get your info but it is very false. You can go to Africa Hati , South America and you will see with your own eyes amazing healing going on and none of it is from God. You should read the book the beautiful side of evil. the true story of a born again Christian being duped who worked with a physic surgeon in Soth america and witness thousands of verified healings so to say Satan cannot heal is a very very bad attitude and belief to have but Satan loves to hear it because it keeps him safe and able to decive others.
God Bless
Randy

Tanya~
Nov 16th 2008, 10:29 PM
No way correct Satan can heal and this type of belief you have will just allow Satan to expand and grow. read the prevous post. Satan can do every gift thta you hav ein scripture but save a person that he cannot do but everything else he sure can do. I am not sure where you get your info but it is very false.

If you are seeking to correct me or another person, it must be with Scripture because your words alone do not have authority. Satan's power is deception, not genuine. Satan's 'healing' is false, not true healing.

2 Thess 2:8-12
9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
NKJV

We are warned in Scripture to test the spirits to see if they are from God. We have to test all things by the word of God.

You should read the book the beautiful side of evil.

I have read it and don't you recall that at the end, after she came out of the occult Johanna Michaelson received the genuine gift of tongues? I do know and agree that tongues can be a manifestation by a demonic spirit. But that doesn't mean that there is no true gift of tongues for Christians. We must test the spirits, evaluate things by the word of God, and follow what is good.

The purpose of false miracles or real occult manifestations is to lead people to worship something other than God. That's why it is so important that we compare all things against the Scriptures. If it is in keeping with Scripture, if it leads to the worship of God, it s good and acceptable. If not, it is to be rejected.

Deut 13:1-4

"If there arises among you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams, and he gives you a sign or a wonder, 2 and the sign or the wonder comes to pass, of which he spoke to you, saying, 'Let us go after other gods' which you have not known 'and let us serve them,' 3 you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams, for the LORD your God is testing you to know whether you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 You shall walk after the LORD your God and fear Him, and keep His commandments and obey His voice; you shall serve Him and hold fast to Him.
NKJV

looking4jesus
Nov 16th 2008, 10:43 PM
If you are seeking to correct me or another person, it must be with Scripture because your words alone do not have authority. Satan's power is deception, not genuine. Satan's 'healing' is false, not true healing.

2 Thess 2:8-12
9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
NKJV

We are warned in Scripture to test the spirits to see if they are from God. We have to test all things by the word of God.

I have read it and don't you recall that at the end, after she came out of the occult Johanna Michaelson received the genuine gift of tongues? I do know and agree that tongues can be a manifestation by a demonic spirit. But that doesn't mean that there is no true gift of tongues for Christians. We must test the spirits, evaluate things by the word of God, and follow what is good.

The purpose of false miracles or real occult manifestations is to lead people to worship something other than God. That's why it is so important that we compare all things against the Scriptures. If it is in keeping with Scripture, if it leads to the worship of God, it s good and acceptable. If not, it is to be rejected.

Deut 13:1-4

"If there arises among you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams, and he gives you a sign or a wonder, 2 and the sign or the wonder comes to pass, of which he spoke to you, saying, 'Let us go after other gods' which you have not known 'and let us serve them,' 3 you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams, for the LORD your God is testing you to know whether you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 You shall walk after the LORD your God and fear Him, and keep His commandments and obey His voice; you shall serve Him and hold fast to Him.
NKJV

Yes I do remember sorry you may have missunderstood me I did not say speaking in tongues does not happen today and I did say you need to test the spirits. But on the healing thing you cannot correctly call it a false healing when the healing works and the person is healed. There ar emillions of people that are healed by Satan under false religions. Remeber in scripture many will come to Jesus inthta day and say did we not heal and cast out demons in your name and Jesus said I never knew you this does Not at all mean it did not happen but it was not from God that is my only point that it is not corrsct to say every geninue healing has to come from God . you have with doctors Voodoo in Hati and a host of others that do true healing everyday but you would not say this is from God would you?
that is really my only poit.
take care
God Bless
Randy

JesusReignsForever
Nov 16th 2008, 10:46 PM
Hi JRF -

Please look at the following verses - to me, this is the way to determine if something is from God:
Galatians 5
19-Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality,

20-idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions,
21-envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22-But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23-gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
24-Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25-If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. 26-Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another.
If you are concerned about the church you are currently attending and think they may have a "false" spirit, why are you still going to that church?

I still go to the church because I have fallen in love with the youth there and I dont want to just leave them. Also I know I have the spirit of God in me and I dont fear what crazy things happen there, there are still many people there that are worshipping Jesus. So that is why I stay there.

Firefighter
Nov 17th 2008, 02:11 PM
Yes it is possible. Ask God for the gift of discernment.

Demons cannot stay in the pressence when the name Jesus Christ is used.

Not always true.

Acts 19:13-16 Then some of the itinerant Jewish exorcists undertook to invoke the name of the Lord Jesus over those who had evil spirits, saying, "I adjure you by the Jesus whom Paul proclaims." Seven sons of a Jewish high priest named Sceva were doing this. But the evil spirit answered them, "Jesus I know, and Paul I recognize, but who are you?" And the man in whom was the evil spirit leaped on them, mastered all of them and overpowered them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

RabbiKnife
Nov 17th 2008, 02:35 PM
Good thoughts, UM.

The "name of Jesus" is not a magic phrase, although many Christians throw "in the name of Jesus" around like "Abracadabra."

When a person claims to do something "under the power of the Holy Spirit," the emphasis will always be on God. If the emphasis is on man or the person doing the deed, then you can be sure that the "spirit" is just well-trained, well-practiced, culturally-experienced human flesh, not the Holy Spirit.

Firefighter
Nov 17th 2008, 05:06 PM
well for the sake of this turning into something ugly I would rather not say because I am sure to offend someone on here. So i would rather not say but you can feel free to share your experinces feel free! :)

Please share, we might be getting somewhere...

If you are referring to a mass number of people "hoopin' and hollarin'" all at the same time running around and speaking in tongues then you would be correct in your assumption. I am all for the gifts of the Spirit, but if it does not line up with 1 Corinthians 14, then it is not in order.

You can usually tell if something is of God or not by how it lines up with His word. No manifestation of the Spirit will contradict His word, period.

ServantofTruth
Nov 17th 2008, 06:28 PM
I still go to the church because I have fallen in love with the youth there and I dont want to just leave them. Also I know I have the spirit of God in me and I dont fear what crazy things happen there, there are still many people there that are worshipping Jesus. So that is why I stay there.

In every church there are those who love Jesus Christ and want to know God's Will/ Wisdom by daily reading the bible. Also there are those who want the friendship/ love of believers, to hear and enjoy the Word of God - but not follow it.

Your strength of faith is good to see and your willingness to help especially the youth despite seeing problems around you that hurt. I pray that your witness strengthens many. God bless, SofTy. :pray:

theBelovedDisciple
Nov 17th 2008, 11:58 PM
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice John is informing believers to 'test' the spirits.. He states under the inspiriation of the Holy Ghost that you'll 'know' the when the Spirit of God is present... its the confession

'who confesses'....????????

Well we know that there is the Holy Spirit... He instructs and reveals to the believer that God did put on flesh in the Person of Jesus the Christ.. He is the teacher and instructor to those who are 'true' born again Christians... He is also called the Comforter...

Now there are 'angelic spirits'... they are 'ministering' spirits sent to the 'heirs' of salvation.... under the Command of the Captain of the Host.. Jesus the Christ.. They 'know' Jesus the Christ came and put on flesh.. they announced His birth to the lowly shepherds at that time...

We know there are 'evil spirits'.. under the command of their father Satan.. i.e... the devil and his angels.... destined to the Lake of Fire according to Revelation. the arch enemy of man and God Himself... and all that is good... these evil spirits also control the 'unsaved' the wicked... they have blinded the minds of those perishing.. they are also controlling and manipulating the 'tares'... weeds... that are planted by Satan himself..

And we know from Scripture that you as a 'person' are made up of three parts.... BODY, SOUL, AND SPIRIT....

When your born again your soul and spirit are REDEEMED.... your sins are washed away by the blood of the Lamb poured out on that bloody tree... YOUR INNER MAN IS 'RENEWED' DAY BY DAY.. by His Mercy Grace and the sprinkling of Blood .. shed on that bloody tree...

Your flesh.. the outer man..... perisheth day by day.. it gets old.. it shall return to the dust if Jesus does not come before you take your last breath...

Your spirit will bear witness with the Holy Spirit, your instructor. that God did indeed put on flesh in the person of Jesus the Christ.. The Holy Ghost teaches you this..... it will also bear witness that your His child...

John states that its the 'confession' that gives it away... Satan knows Scripture and he knows doctrine... he's very very good at using it to twist the truth and argue... and to make it seem like its 'truth'... he is a charismatic theologian and scholar.. and HE'S STILL THE DEVIL...

True Born Again Chrisitans will confess as a part of their 'TESTIMONY' that their Lord and Saviour is Jesus The Christ.. and that He is God in the flesh... Your spirit bearing witness with the Holy Ghost as to the Truth... He is God in the flesh.. and your spirit will bear witness to it and 'CONFESS' it...

Angelic angels or beings 'know' already that God put on flesh and they will confess..

The spirit of error or the spirit of anti-christ as described in that chapter.. will not confess that Jesus the Christ is God in the flesh..they deny that.. and they actually lead people to believe that 'they' as a christian .. can become 'like god ' in their own flesh... their spirit bearing witness with the spirit of error who controls them... they actually confess they've become 'little gods'.... which is the spirit of error in full bloom...

There is ONLY ONE MAN to have ever walked this earth fully in the flesh and walked Perfectly , pure and without sin.. without spot or blemish.. and there will BE ONLY ONE MAN....and He is Jesus the Christ .. God manifest in the flesh... ALL the others are all but imposters ie 'idols'........ whose judgement now of a long time lingereth not and their damnation slumbereth not...

Notice that this Epistle was 'written' to believers... to be 'aware' and 'test'... John also goes on to reveal in another epistle instructing believers to take heed of 'decievers ' who have entered into the world who 'confess not that God is come in the flesh'... he goes on to relay that they are decievers and anti christs.

For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

JesusReignsForever
Nov 18th 2008, 12:47 AM
I have noticed that there is a lot of confusion in my current place of worship and arguments between the saints clergy staff included. I know that no church is perfect and that personalities clash and so on and so forth. Last Sabbath Service there was a lot of chaos and confusion, when I first began to go to this church they preached and taught and baptised in the name of Jesus Christ. Recently there has been a new docotrine introduced which would be the Yaweh doctrine and Yeshua Doctrine. I do recognized that this doctrine is not new but it is new to me. I do not agree with it because based on the research I have done Yeshua was not Jesus's real name. Also in the bible it says...

Acts 4
12Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Now I know some of you will say that the bible was just made into english in the 1800's but if this Yeshua name was true and if that was Jesus's real name I would of heard of it or about it a long time ago. So I just cant agree....that is my feeling about it.

WHAT MADE ME WONDER ABOUT THE FALSE SPIRIT

The service was dry from the start I am apart of the Youth Praise team and usually we sing 2 songs and the spirit hits and we can go no further...the spirit just takes over. This time the people just werent into praising God everyone was just bored and out of it. Which I know it happens sometimes. As I have said before there is no order in the service people are pretty much allowed to do whatever they like SERIOUSLY. Like if you want to randomly start shouting and fall out on the floor you can its okay! Do what you want...and I am seriously speaking. I just felt confused and unsure of what God they serve at times although there are many people in there that serve the real and living God. I hope this dosent sound as if my pastor dosent believe in God...he does I think he is just a little confused and decieved by these yaweh people. When he got up to preach the service was dragging and there was a false spirit in there mimicing the Holy Ghost because people were just acting disorderly falling out on the floor and randomly laying hands on people, the pastor was up on the chairs and I just dont agree especially if the spirt of God in not in the house. Its like when the spirit isnt there they bring in there own spirit....its strange. But while I was sitting in the service with the youth One of the girls asked me how many gods do they serve in this church :eek: I was like I dont even know...and then she was like well I believe in Jesus and then she started shouting Jesus! I was so proud! :D There is just lots of confussion even the kids are getting confused and God dosent want his people confused...also I started to feel physically sick and I had to get some air..it was strange.

9Marksfan
Nov 18th 2008, 10:36 AM
I have noticed that there is a lot of confusion in my current place of worship and arguments between the saints clergy staff included. I know that no church is perfect and that personalities clash and so on and so forth. Last Sabbath Service there was a lot of chaos and confusion, when I first began to go to this church they preached and taught and baptised in the name of Jesus Christ. Recently there has been a new docotrine introduced which would be the Yaweh doctrine and Yeshua Doctrine. I do recognized that this doctrine is not new but it is new to me. I do not agree with it because based on the research I have done Yeshua was not Jesus's real name. Also in the bible it says...

Acts 4
12Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Now I know some of you will say that the bible was just made into english in the 1800's but if this Yeshua name was true and if that was Jesus's real name I would of heard of it or about it a long time ago. So I just cant agree....that is my feeling about it.

WHAT MADE ME WONDER ABOUT THE FALSE SPIRIT

The service was dry from the start I am apart of the Youth Praise team and usually we sing 2 songs and the spirit hits and we can go no further...the spirit just takes over. This time the people just werent into praising God everyone was just bored and out of it. Which I know it happens sometimes. As I have said before there is no order in the service people are pretty much allowed to do whatever they like SERIOUSLY. Like if you want to randomly start shouting and fall out on the floor you can its okay! Do what you want...and I am seriously speaking. I just felt confused and unsure of what God they serve at times although there are many people in there that serve the real and living God. I hope this dosent sound as if my pastor dosent believe in God...he does I think he is just a little confused and decieved by these yaweh people. When he got up to preach the service was dragging and there was a false spirit in there mimicing the Holy Ghost because people were just acting disorderly falling out on the floor and randomly laying hands on people, the pastor was up on the chairs and I just dont agree especially if the spirt of God in not in the house. Its like when the spirit isnt there they bring in there own spirit....its strange. But while I was sitting in the service with the youth One of the girls asked me how many gods do they serve in this church :eek: I was like I dont even know...and then she was like well I believe in Jesus and then she started shouting Jesus! I was so proud! :D There is just lots of confussion even the kids are getting confused and God dosent want his people confused...also I started to feel physically sick and I had to get some air..it was strange.

God is not the author of confusion - I remember that you said a while ago that they were insisting on having the services on the Jewish Sabbath - it sounds to me like they are like the Judaisers in Galatians and trying to take the people back to the Law - read Galatians and see if you see any similarities.

It doesn't sound as if things are being done decently and in order there. It may be better for you to try a church that is really committed to teaching the word of God and where there is a genuine (although possibly much more solemn) sense of the presence of God there.

JesusReignsForever
Nov 18th 2008, 10:30 PM
Yes I agree well I am going to pray about it and see where God leads me....ugh the search begins AGAIN :(

brant
Nov 19th 2008, 08:23 AM
Yes I do remember sorry you may have missunderstood me I did not say speaking in tongues does not happen today and I did say you need to test the spirits. But on the healing thing you cannot correctly call it a false healing when the healing works and the person is healed. There ar emillions of people that are healed by Satan under false religions. Remeber in scripture many will come to Jesus inthta day and say did we not heal and cast out demons in your name and Jesus said I never knew you this does Not at all mean it did not happen but it was not from God that is my only point that it is not corrsct to say every geninue healing has to come from God . you have with doctors Voodoo in Hati and a host of others that do true healing everyday but you would not say this is from God would you?
that is really my only poit.
take care
God Bless
Randy
please be careful of misinterpreting scriptures
matt.7:22,23 "many will say to Me on that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles. and then I will declare to them, I never knew you; depart from me, you who practice lawlessness."
this passage does not clearly speak of healing. also this work they did was by the power of God. notice they were casting out demons.
matt.12:24-27 "but when the pharisees heard this, they said, this man casts out demons only by beelzebul, the ruler of the demons. and knowing their thoughs, Jesus said to them, any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and any city or house divided against itself will not stand. if satan casts out satan, he is divided against himself; how then will his kingdom stand? if I by beelzebul cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? for this reason they will be your judges."

kenrank
Nov 19th 2008, 06:46 PM
First, of course there are spirits that can mimick the Set Apart (Holy) Spirit. We are warned of "wolves in sheeps clothing," which are those who may look and even act as we do, but inside are ravenous wolves looking to destroy.

Be at ease though, God gives a spirit of discenrment. He gives us the ability to tell, usually by aligning it to His Word, who belongs to Him and who doesn't. An anti-God spirit, (or anti-Messiah spirit) will contradict the Word of God. They seek to keep you from a deeper understanding that will allow you to walk stronger in the faith. So, we avoid false gospels, we understand we will not ALL agree on "everything," but those things with NO scriptural backing are generally from spirits bent on destroying.

The key, test the spirits and prove all things by digging deeper into the Word. The more you learn, the easier it is to discern.
Ken

JesusReignsForever
Nov 19th 2008, 06:53 PM
First, of course there are spirits that can mimick the Set Apart (Holy) Spirit. We are warned of "wolves in sheeps clothing," which are those who may look and even act as we do, but inside are ravenous wolves looking to destroy.

Be at ease though, God gives a spirit of discenrment. He gives us the ability to tell, usually by aligning it to His Word, who belongs to Him and who doesn't. An anti-God spirit, (or anti-Messiah spirit) will contradict the Word of God. They seek to keep you from a deeper understanding that will allow you to walk stronger in the faith. So, we avoid false gospels, we understand we will not ALL agree on "everything," but those things with NO scriptural backing are generally from spirits bent on destroying.

The key, test the spirits and prove all things by digging deeper into the Word. The more you learn, the easier it is to discern.
Ken

Thanks That was helpful :)

looking4jesus
Nov 21st 2008, 12:31 AM
please be careful of misinterpreting scriptures
matt.7:22,23 "many will say to Me on that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles. and then I will declare to them, I never knew you; depart from me, you who practice lawlessness."
this passage does not clearly speak of healing. also this work they did was by the power of God. notice they were casting out demons.
matt.12:24-27 "but when the pharisees heard this, they said, this man casts out demons only by beelzebul, the ruler of the demons. and knowing their thoughs, Jesus said to them, any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and any city or house divided against itself will not stand. if satan casts out satan, he is divided against himself; how then will his kingdom stand? if I by beelzebul cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? for this reason they will be your judges."

Well just because the word healing is not there does not mean anything.
read what you posted..preform many miracles..of course they are speaking of healing and it is just as you see it today..Dog and pony shows like a circus. Now you also have this guy called Bob Larson with his weekly entertainment of excorsing demons on the sci.fi channel this kind of thing is not looked at in favor at all from our God.
God Bless
Randy