PDA

View Full Version : 2012, Really?

Master Jake
Nov 17th 2008, 09:03 PM
I know that no one can predict the end of the world as stated in the Bible; however, many different prophecies and calenders seem to all end on December 21, 2012. This is really scary and most prophecies state the once in a lifetime event of the planets aligning that day and the earth shifting rotation and polls causing global disaster at the same time of nuclear warfare. Does anyone believe something will happen on this day?

Master Jake
Nov 17th 2008, 09:14 PM
Maybe the world won't end on that day, but what about the predicted events. All of the other predicted events came true.

ƒσяєяυииєя
Nov 17th 2008, 10:07 PM
You know there is a prophesy in the Book of Daniel, right there are more, but one of those is the 2300 days.

And that prophesy was fullfiled allready so, that was the last I guess, but of course there is yet something to be fullfilled, as the later rain, and the plagues, etc, but talking about numbers the prophesy of the 2300 days I guess was the last in the Bible.

Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Matthew 7:16

teddyv
Nov 17th 2008, 10:18 PM
I know that no one can predict the end of the world as stated in the Bible; however, many different prophecies and calenders seem to all end on December 21, 2012. This is really scary and most prophecies state the once in a lifetime event of the planets aligning that day and the earth shifting rotation and polls causing global disaster at the same time of nuclear warfare. Does anyone believe something will happen on this day?
I only know of one calendar that ends (or rather resets) - the Mayan calendar. What else ends then?

The pole shifting thing has been getting some play again lately. The proponents this theory tend to try and validate this by scientific methods, but when they do that and we apply proper critical analysis to it, the whole theory falls apart.

As to whether this will happen, I'm pretty confident in saying that the day in question will be quite similar to others before it.

teddyv
Nov 17th 2008, 10:19 PM
Maybe the world won't end on that day, but what about the predicted events. All of the other predicted events came true.
What other predicted events do you refer to?

tango
Nov 17th 2008, 10:30 PM

The Mayan calendar ends in 2012, although whether that's something of great significance or their version of the millennium bug remains to be seen.

Incidentally, when you say "most prophecies", are you talking about Biblical prophecy or some other kind of prophecy?

We may be able to figure out the season

Mar 13:28 "Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender, and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near.
Mar 13:29 So you also, when you see these things happening, know that it is near—at the doors!

but nobody knows the exact time of the end:

Mar 13:32 "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
Mar 13:33 Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is.
Mar 13:34 It is like a man going to a far country, who left his house and gave authority to his servants, and to each his work, and commanded the doorkeeper to watch.
Mar 13:35 Watch therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming—in the evening, at midnight, at the crowing of the rooster, or in the morning—
Mar 13:36 lest, coming suddenly, he find you sleeping.

immortality
Nov 18th 2008, 01:21 AM
I only know of one calendar that ends (or rather resets) - the Mayan calendar. What else ends then?

The pole shifting thing has been getting some play again lately. The proponents this theory tend to try and validate this by scientific methods, but when they do that and we apply proper critical analysis to it, the whole theory falls apart.

As to whether this will happen, I'm pretty confident in saying that the day in question will be quite similar to others before it.

if you don't mind, i'd be interested in hearing this "critical analysis".

thanks.

locboxx
Nov 18th 2008, 01:43 AM
Hey, i just posted a blog about this subject. I have a blog about end times and how prophecies may relate to certain things from today, here is the link:
www.terminalage.blogspot.com

quiet dove
Nov 18th 2008, 01:46 AM

MJ, it comes down to trusting the Bible and the Myan calendar is not the Bible. The earth, the world, is in God's hands, it is not going anywhere until God says so and at that point we will be safely with Him.

Our foundation must be the Word of God and all of the other "prohecies" or "science" will not shake us from our Foundation.

immortality
Nov 18th 2008, 02:22 AM
we have to remember that the myans aren't the only ones to come up with the idea of an end to this present age.

i believe we are indeed nearing the end of the age as depicted numerous times throughout the scriptures, and the birth pains will be here sooner than most people would like to think.

markedward
Nov 18th 2008, 02:25 AM
I know that no one can predict the end of the world as stated in the Bible; however, many different prophecies and calenders seem to all end on December 21, 2012.Can you cite these "many different prophecies and calendars"? I've heard 2012 before, but I've never heard of any specific date being cited, let alone this one.

All of the other predicted events came true.What "all other predicted events" are you referring to? Again, cite specific examples, please?

RevLogos
Nov 18th 2008, 03:06 AM
The Mayan calendar ends in 2012, although whether that's something of great significance or their version of the millennium bug remains to be seen.

Do we know the Mayans thought the world would end in 2012? Maybe somebody got sick and tired slaving away at the calendar.

Hey, Joemaya! We're up to 2012 already. Give it a rest!

Yea, you're right. Let's grab a beer.

threebigrocks
Nov 18th 2008, 03:34 AM
MJ, it comes down to trusting the Bible and the Myan calendar is not the Bible. The earth, the world, is in God's hands, it is not going anywhere until God says so and at that point we will be safely with Him.

Our foundation must be the Word of God and all of the other "prohecies" or "science" will not shake us from our Foundation.

As QD said, we need to rely on God and not let ourselves look to other sources.

This is enough to consider things date setting, thread closed. If anyone has any questions, check out the board rules and/or start a thread in the Chat to the Moderators forum (http://bibleforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=84).