PDA

View Full Version : Information Certificate Error

Kahtar
Nov 18th 2008, 05:15 PM
I have noticed that since the server changes a while back, I always get a 'Certificate Error' when I log onto cpanel. Not a big deal, just thought I'd point it out.

bdh
Nov 18th 2008, 06:52 PM
Actually, nothing has changed. What has changed is the behavior of browsers - In the past, they used to accept self-signed certificates. However with all the fraud these days, browsers now give a warning. To overcome that we use commercial certificates on all servers. However, only the sot name has a certificate. I've just sent you a revised welcome email that gives the correct login info for SSL.

Kahtar
Nov 18th 2008, 08:27 PM
Hmmmm. Okay.
Haven't got that email yet. But I'll wait a bit.

bdh
Nov 19th 2008, 04:55 AM
Just sent it again. If you don't get it this time, check your primary email address here webnet77.com/cp/ - if you change it, let me know and I'll send it again.

Kahtar
Nov 19th 2008, 05:05 AM
Heh. :blush:Okay, I changed it. Sorry about that.

bdh
Nov 19th 2008, 02:22 PM
You should have it now.

BTW, why are you using MSN for your email? Why not use your website? MSN, Yahoo, Hotmail ... all the free providers discard a l-o-t of mail. We have endless problems sending email to to folks with these addresses as half never get there. (For me, half the point of having my own domain is so that I can use an email address that is mine alone and not giving free advertising to some NYSE company).

Kahtar
Nov 19th 2008, 03:31 PM
Okay, I got it.
I was using my website email, and it was supposed to forward it all to my msn address. I did it that way because I find the msn mailbox easier to access and deal with. But for some reason I have not been getting the forwards.
Anyway, thank you for your efforts.

bdh
Nov 19th 2008, 08:32 PM
But for some reason I have not been getting the forwards.That is exactly the problem. As soon as you get a lot of email from one IP it gets tagged as spam and deleted. All the free providers seem to be doing it.