PDA

View Full Version : Pray for my Wife's Father

Valley of Joy
Nov 18th 2008, 09:06 PM
My wife called me this morning to tell me that they have taken her dad back to the ER. He is only 50 years old and has Diabetes that has destroyed his life. He has already lost one leg, has prostate cancer and now they think that he has had another stroke. Please pray that he will come to know the Lord soon as it looks like there is not much time. He knows that he need to be saved in order to get to heaven and knows that he needs to start living right but he fights it at every step. My wife says that she has come to terms with her fathers health but she will still lose it when he does. They only gave him about 10 years left to live when me and my wife started dating 12 years ago so he is on borrowed time and needs prayer to get him to the Lord. Thanks:pray:

IMINXTC
Nov 19th 2008, 12:30 AM
Lifting your wife's father before the Lord. Praying that he would be given ample opportunity to revisit the Gospel, and that the Holy Spirit would speak to his heart. Praying for his salvation.

Praying that this stroke would not be life threatening and that he will remain capable of understanding.

Lifting up your wife also, that she would be prepared and strenthened for his eventual passing.

livingwaters
Nov 19th 2008, 12:35 AM
ValleyofJOy, :pray:I am lifting your father-in-law up to the LORD in prayer...Dear Father in Heaven, let it be YOUR Will that this man listen to those who witness to him about Jesus that he be saved. Our wish is the same as YOURS, Father....that none should perish...please soften his heart so that he can hear the words of YOUR Gospel...and may it all be for YOUR Glory!!!! I pray these things in Jesus' name...Amen:)

Redneck Charger
Nov 19th 2008, 12:14 PM
Jesus, Please open your arms to this Dad.. Please take care of him and the family and friends around him.. Please Jesus..:pray::pray::pray::pray:

walked
Nov 19th 2008, 01:01 PM
Praying with you.

dancingforgod
Nov 20th 2008, 06:05 AM
Praying that you and your family find the comfort and healing you need in this difficult time.:pray: